User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
"I think the earliest anyone expected to be back on the road with Fleetwood Mac might've been Spring of 2018. And now that's not actually being pushed back by Stevie (Nicks). My understanding is that she's all ready...and now, you know, because I've got this solo album, I'm the one who's holding it up. But, you know, that's typical for us. There's a lot of moving parts, so you know you gotta wait for everyone to be ready."
Even though it's an old quote, and I'm not so sure it's still accurate... new album!
Old 10-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see this as part of the efforts on the part of their management to get their names back in the news with something fresh going on as it's been awhile. It's part of what will be the build up in publicity ahead of the next tour. These awards don't just randomly come out of nowhere; phone calls are made, etc.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:06 PM

Lorde, Harry Styles, John Legend & More to Perform at MusiCares Tribute to Fleetwood Mac

An all-star lineup of performers has been announced to perform at the 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year ceremony.

Fleetwood Mac is being honored with this year's award, making them the first band to receive MusiCares' prestigious Person of the Year award. The ceremony will features performances from a flurry of artists from different parts of the music world. Lorde, Harry Styles, John Legend, Haim, OneRepublic, and Keith Urban will all perform at the ceremony, before Fleetwood Mac closes it out themselves.

In a statement released today (Nov. 10), MusiCares said Fleetwood Mac will "be celebrated for their extraordinary creative accomplishments and significant charitable work."

Proceeds from the annual Person of the Year tribute -- now in its 28th year -- provide essential support for MusiCares, which ensures all music people have a place to turn in times of financial, medical, and personal need. Past MusiCares Person of the Year honorees include Tony Bennett, Bono, Natalie Cole, Gloria Estefan, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, Carole King, Lionel Richie, Barbra Streisand, and Stevie Wonder.

The 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year Tribute will take place on Friday, January 26th at Radio City Music Hall.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...e-harry-styles