The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-19-2017, 04:00 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
That's pretty catchy. Damn, I'm going to have that tune in my head all night now.
I love the melody.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-19-2017, 04:12 PM
olive olive is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Global
Posts: 2,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
That's pretty catchy. Damn, I'm going to have that tune in my head all night now.
i've been humming it for days
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-19-2017, 04:31 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It's funny how people can read the same posts and come away with such different interpretations.
many times that's the case, sure - depending on people's particular biases.

however your posts are pretty clear-cut as far as where your bias lies. glancing through the posts after your reply to olive, most people read your post exact same way as dreamsunwind did.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-19-2017, 04:32 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It's funny how people can read the same posts and come away with such different interpretations. I 100% agree with what you said about blinders and worship, believe me. I do not do that with Stevie, or any other celebrity. I have no problem with people criticizing her, I've done it plenty of times. But name calling, like one poster does with his signature line, or making fun of her looks or weight, automatically makes me want to reply in kind about Christine or Lindsey, knowing it will annoy that poster in the same way. Petty? Sure. But no more petty than some of the other posters here.
Your comments don't annoy me. However, I'm not surprised to read it's a goal of yours. We all have different opinions and most of us, (even on different sides of the coin) are able to joke around and goof off. I don't get bent if people have a different opinion. That's what the board is for.

If just feels like you can't handle BuckVie getting so much attention. Which points to Elle's thread about Stevie fans being bitter. Christine hasn't had work outside of FMac since 2004. So after a 13 year wait, there's nothing you can say that will upset me.

And if people want to comment on Christine's plastic surgery or Stevie's weight, or Lindsey's hair... let em have at it... I'm not into body shaming. I'm a shorty gay guy who loves to shave his head. I'm the last person to point out someone's body flaws.

The walls will not come tumbling down.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr : 03-19-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-19-2017, 04:47 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
YAnd if people want to comment on Christine's plastic surgery or Stevie's weight, or Lindsey's hair... let em have at it...
well, we are not even sure whether Christine had some plastic surgery recently. that Buckvie pic in the Uncut may have been either airbrushing or just simply botox injection in her forehead. you can definitely still see all the lines under her eyes or around her mouth that come with age.

buck on the other hand, we know had some hair additions since 2011. and while i'm in general not a fan of artificial youth, i'm glad he did it because his natural hairline was starting to look pretty bad.

and i'm not sure what all Stevie has had done, but if you watched Sound City up close in the theater, it was pretty clear who had nothing done vs who had rubbery looking skin like all older performers in vegas usually do.

whatever they do, especially if it's tasteful i'm happy for them, since we all know the cult of youth and beauty in LA and beyond is alive and well.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-19-2017, 04:58 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, we are not even sure whether Christine had some plastic surgery recently. that Buckvie pic in the Uncut may have been either airbrushing or just simply botox injection in her forehead. you can definitely still see all the lines under her eyes or around her mouth that come with age.

buck on the other hand, we know had some hair additions since 2011. and while i'm in general not a fan of artificial youth, i'm glad he did it because his natural hairline was starting to look pretty bad.

and i'm not sure what all Stevie has had done, but if you watched Sound City up close in the theater, it was pretty clear who had nothing done vs who had rubbery looking skin like all older performers in vegas usually do.

whatever they do, especially if it's tasteful i'm happy for them, since we all know the cult of youth and beauty in LA and beyond is alive and well.
I will judge the photography. But someone's looks are what they are. It's easier to be a beautiful person than a pretty person. I'm short and stocky.. (you've seen my photos).. I only body shame my close friends... we do it to each other in good spirit..
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-19-2017, 05:20 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
But someone's looks are what they are. It's easier to be a beautiful person than a pretty person. I'm short and stocky.. (you've seen my photos).. I only body shame my close friends... we do it to each other in good spirit..
i've seen your pics - you are hot my friend!

it's a weird phrase you use there, to me. i think it's harder to be beautiful the way you define it - because you have to work on it, that inner beauty. pretty is just in your genes - or not.

but i think what you brought up in your other post was not inner beauty or outer looks - it's whether some entertainers felt they had to artificially "improve" their looks to look younger. and i fully well know many have to. i can respect they feel they have to do it for their jobs; i can even more respect if they manage to be successful without the looks! or alternatively, if they do something to change their looks, if they are straightforward about it - like Cher always was.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-19-2017, 05:23 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It's funny how people can read the same posts and come away with such different interpretations. I 100% agree with what you said about blinders and worship, believe me. I do not do that with Stevie, or any other celebrity. I have no problem with people criticizing her, I've done it plenty of times. But name calling, like one poster does with his signature line, or making fun of her looks or weight, automatically makes me want to reply in kind about Christine or Lindsey, knowing it will annoy that poster in the same way. Petty? Sure. But no more petty than some of the other posters here.
Funny thing is, that I couldn't care less. Mock away! Have fun. Life is short. And maybe stop being uber sensitive. Have a good day!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-19-2017, 05:27 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Your comments don't annoy me. However, I'm not surprised to read it's a goal of yours. We all have different opinions and most of us, (even on different sides of the coin) are able to joke around and goof off. I don't get bent if people have a different opinion. That's what the board is for.

If just feels like you can't handle BuckVie getting so much attention. Which points to Elle's thread about Stevie fans being bitter. Christine hasn't had work outside of FMac since 2004. So after a 13 year wait, there's nothing you can say that will upset me.

And if people want to comment on Christine's plastic surgery or Stevie's weight, or Lindsey's hair... let em have at it... I'm not into body shaming. I'm a shorty gay guy who loves to shave his head. I'm the last person to point out someone's body flaws.

The walls will not come tumbling down.
Exactly! Who gives a rat's ass? Uber sensitive Chiffonheads.... that's who!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-19-2017, 05:52 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

OH--and we had to get a mention of Lanslide.
And George R. R. Martin problem not being able to imagine himself being able to it!

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-19-2017, 05:56 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Regarding a previous comment, I don't recall Stevie ever blaming any failures she has had because of Lindsay Buckingham???
She really hasn't had much to say in 20 years, but she used to blame Lindsey all of the time. Like when she said she had some great songs and about 50 mediocre ones that could have been great, if Lindsey hadn't been mad at her.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-19-2017, 06:02 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Your comments don't annoy me. However, I'm not surprised to read it's a goal of yours. We all have different opinions and most of us, (even on different sides of the coin) are able to joke around and goof off. I don't get bent if people have a different opinion. That's what the board is for.

If just feels like you can't handle BuckVie getting so much attention. Which points to Elle's thread about Stevie fans being bitter. Christine hasn't had work outside of FMac since 2004. So after a 13 year wait, there's nothing you can say that will upset me.

And if people want to comment on Christine's plastic surgery or Stevie's weight, or Lindsey's hair... let em have at it... I'm not into body shaming. I'm a shorty gay guy who loves to shave his head. I'm the last person to point out someone's body flaws.

The walls will not come tumbling down.
Jbrownjr, I don't know if it's because you were being sincere or what, but this post read much differently to me than many of your previous ones, and was much appreciated. Maybe I don't get the humor on here sometimes, so if my defensiveness is unwarranted, I happily apologize.

I have no problem with Christine and Lindsey (or their album) getting so much attention. Why would I? I love the band and the individual members. I want their album to be a hit. Yet ironically enough, to me, it feels like some posters here can't handle Stevie getting so much attention, yet you think I feel the same way about Chris and Lindsey! But I can assure you, I'm not a bitter or resentful Stevie fan. I'm just a fan of both the band and many of the individual members, and that includes Rick Vito and Billy Burnette, too.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-19-2017, 06:16 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She really hasn't had much to say in 20 years, but she used to blame Lindsey all of the time. Like when she said she had some great songs and about 50 mediocre ones that could have been great, if Lindsey hadn't been mad at her.

Michele
Ok, so this comment makes me want to get defensive, but I won't let's look at this post objectively, instead. You say Stevie hasn't had much to say in 20 years, but she used to blame Lindsey all the time. I'm sure in the hundreds of interviews she's given in the last 20 years, she made a comment about not being pleased with some of Lindsey's production of her songs. Just like I'm sure in the many interviews Lindsey has given in the past 20 years, he's made a comment about making Stevie's songs better. That's not blaming her failures on Lindsey.

She just said in a recent interview that she was disappointed Lindsey took her background vocals off some of the songs on Tango, but she understood why (because they weren't very good or words to that effect). Sounded to me like she was being realistic and diplomatic. She certainly wasn't blaming him.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-19-2017, 06:17 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Jbrownjr, I don't know if it's because you were being sincere or what, but this post read much differently to me than many of your previous ones, and was much appreciated. Maybe I don't get the humor on here sometimes, so if my defensiveness is unwarranted, I happily apologize.

I have no problem with Christine and Lindsey (or their album) getting so much attention. Why would I? I love the band and the individual members. I want their album to be a hit. Yet ironically enough, to me, it feels like some posters here can't handle Stevie getting so much attention, yet you think I feel the same way about Chris and Lindsey! But I can assure you, I'm not a bitter or resentful Stevie fan. I'm just a fan of both the band and many of the individual members, and that includes Rick Vito and Billy Burnette, too.
No need to apologize. I think you take any negative posts re: Stevie personally. Stop that, it will drive you nuts. You can't control what other's think. Although it might be nice if we could. It's not a knock on you, some people just don't like her personality.

I have no problem with your posting. We all get frustrated in here.

However, it's my belief that if anybody says anything bad about Stevie they get jumped on by posters that are normally in the Stevie forum. You do post in this forum a lot, so that's not directed at you. But there's a few that will make excuses for anything Stevie does. That's what gets on some of our nerves.

But, yeah... the humor makes it much more fun.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

She just said in a recent interview that she was disappointed Lindsey took her background vocals off some of the songs on Tango, but she understood why (because they weren't very good or words to that effect). Sounded to me like she was being realistic and diplomatic. She certainly wasn't blaming him.
I wasn't talking about that recent interview. In fact, my post made it clear that I was talking about interviews she gave beyond the last 20 years. Someone said they don't remember many interviews where Stevie blamed Lindsey and I said there are many interviews in which she did, but they are the older interviews.

And I wasn't talking about interviews Lindsey gave about Stevie. I was responding to a comment in a post made about Stevie's interviews, not his.

And I don't care if you feel defensive or not. I feel that if you think the board is too harsh on Stevie, there are many boards that are not where you would feel more comfortable. As soon as I get my tax refund, I will be starting a new bulletin board myself, because I don't like the bulletin boards that are out there about my favorite actor. He's been around a long time and I will be creating a forum 15 years too late, but I'm going to do it anyway, because I'm frustrated with the attitudes on other forums and I left this board in 2003, because I didn't like its tone. No board is for everyone.

Michele
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3
$31.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3 pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO
$31.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2
$31.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2 picture1970's Vintage Press photograph RICK VITO - Atlantic Records -Photo
$9.99
1970's Vintage Press photograph RICK VITO - Atlantic Records -Photo pictureReverend Guitars - Rick Vito - 2012 Print Advertisement
$5.0
Reverend Guitars - Rick Vito  - 2012 Print Advertisement picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved