User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs up Rockline 1989

I love all these new uploads to youtube. I remember listening to this in 1989. This is a sensational interview where Stevie talks about hiring Rubert Hine, inspiration behind Ghosts and Two Kinds of Love. She also talks about the upcoming Mac album and how its more back to rock and blues sounds. She takes some good questions too. She opens up about Tom Petty calling her a pop star and how angry it made her. Great stuff and great promo for the album and tour. I think this is the last good interview before the lights went completely out for several years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAdhl51GjC0
Old 06-25-2019, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love all these new uploads to youtube. I remember listening to this in 1989. This is a sensational interview where Stevie talks about hiring Rubert Hine, inspiration behind Ghosts and Two Kinds of Love. She also talks about the upcoming Mac album and how its more back to rock and blues sounds. She takes some good questions too. She opens up about Tom Petty calling her a pop star and how angry it made her. Great stuff and great promo for the album and tour. I think this is the last good interview before the lights went completely out for several years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAdhl51GjC0
I'm pretty sure I've never heard this interview before (unless I have it buried on a compilation cassette somewhere)! And yes, she's surprisingly coherent considering the era!

Thanks for posting!
Old 06-26-2019, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her lights may still be on in that interview, but you can clearly hear that dimmer switch making its way to off position.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
Her lights may still be on in that interview, but you can clearly hear that dimmer switch making its way to off position.
Yep. I know what you mean. There is pause before thinking and speaking. Its easy to look back and hear it but in 1989 its a damn good interview and she's pretty sharp.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep. I know what you mean. There is pause before thinking and speaking. Its easy to look back and hear it but in 1989 its a damn good interview and she's pretty sharp.
Gee, how would you know there was a pause before thinking? Since when does thinking have words?
Old 07-01-2019, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, so much love for Buckingham Nicks, even then! I like her little stories... there was a lot in here that I’d never heard before and it is cute to hear Stevie responding directly to fan questions.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Wow, so much love for Buckingham Nicks, even then! I like her little stories... there was a lot in here that I’d never heard before and it is cute to hear Stevie responding directly to fan questions.
It's hard to imagine her taking any sort of candid of questions from fans these days...
Old 07-06-2019, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
It's hard to imagine her taking any sort of candid of questions from fans these days...
I wish she would, because we have so many questions!
Old 07-06-2019, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite parts of this is her details about the meaning of the songs Ghosts and Two Kinds of Love. Made me like the songs so much more.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My favorite parts of this is her details about the meaning of the songs Ghosts and Two Kinds of Love. Made me like the songs so much more.
Me too! I used to live for these things back in the day. It's amazing before social media (and before Stevie talked so much) how much mystique she had.
Those were the golden years of my fandom.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She also speaks to "Cryin in the Night" directly and discusses the inspiration. I tried to find a way to send her the link because she mentioned on the 24 karat gold tour that she couldn't remember who it was about. She knew it was a movie, but in this interview she lists the actress and title of movie.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
She also speaks to "Cryin in the Night" directly and discusses the inspiration. I tried to find a way to send her the link because she mentioned on the 24 karat gold tour that she couldn't remember who it was about. She knew it was a movie, but in this interview she lists the actress and title of movie.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
and........you're gonna keep us waiting? or having to wade through the whole recording?
Old 07-17-2019, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and........you're gonna keep us waiting? or having to wade through the whole recording?
Wow, the ledge certainly has gotten feistier with age...

I can't remember exactly, I know it was around the 50 minute marker. It was also an actress I didn't recognize by name.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I bet Stevie can click a link. Look, there are too many funny animal memes on YouTube for Karen not to be able to send her links to clink. That’s got to make up 50% of her entertainment.