User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
That does not mean against members of Fleetwood Mac. It means against members of The Ledge: the posters here.

While trolls are not welcome, there is no prohibition against posting comments that may be derogatory towards a member of Fleetwood Mac.

Obviously, two Fleetwood Mac fans have posted here. When they are here as Ledgies, If I see them being attacked by other Ledgies, I'll take action.
Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

?????????????????????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Nobody is here to put yourself in guilty.....
As Peter's fan I just wanted to put the record straight.....
End Of The Story....

Mario.

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood

Last edited by SuperFleetwood; 01-30-2011 at 09:44 AM..
Old 01-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow. For the first time in my life I'm actually reading this thread with a gaping jaw. Personally, I don't read this thread or other Macnuggets as they're not my cup of tea. But I'm not about to hound the creator with a flaming torch, calling for it to be deleted because it's not "factual information". If facts are what you're after, then I think most of the site can be ignored by you. Macnuggets is about sharing opinions, found thoughts and suppositions on the band. As Penguin said, it's about sharing memories. As much as we hate to believe it, alot of false stories are a big part of the Mac history. And so, personally, it makes each and every post just as valid as the other. Because it helped mould their image. Falseties can be just as effective as the truth in moulding who the band is how they're percieved to be. I don't know. There's alot of calling for personal censorship here and it is something I just do not like. Everybody has a right to share what they like within the law and morality. I see nothing in these threads that shouldn't be there given the terms I commented on. This has as much right to exist as a thread as any other.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
?????????????????????????????????
It was about who started the thread.......
Old 01-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wtf?

Hey, lets all just calm down

People can post anything they want

Vivfox is just picking up threads on the web

I just reacted to the BS out there in the COSMOS

I did comment on the page in question on that idiots blog

I am not responsible for others. but I have the right to say stuff too>

so do YOU!

But I will not personally attack any one I hope others do the same

Even Jeremy Spencer deleted his own comment w(when he thought it was opening a can of worms?)

"A stranger is a best friend you will never know!"
Old 01-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what VivFox is taking the time to share it WITH THE LEDGE, who cares if its from OTHER websites, The ledge is a place where we can share things, REGARD LESS if its from another WEBSITE. I mean common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Hey, lets all just calm down

People can post anything they want

Vivfox is just picking up threads on the web

I just reacted to the BS out there in the COSMOS

I did comment on the page in question on that idiots blog

I am not responsible for others. but I have the right to say stuff too>

so do YOU!

But I will not personally attack any one I hope others do the same

Even Jeremy Spencer deleted his own comment w(when he thought it was opening a can of worms?)

"A stranger is a best friend you will never know!"

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 01-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
You know what VivFox is taking the time to share it WITH THE LEDGE, who cares if its from OTHER websites, The ledge is a place where we can share things, REGARD LESS if its from another WEBSITE. I mean common.
Exactly Rob!

No one else cares enough for this band to take the time to do what Viv does
Old 01-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dear Vivfox, I like what you do, Honest!

Maybe I am not being understood

Vivfox is doing a good thing, in my opinion.
I really am just going to say this once more and you will never hear about this from me again

never

I do not believe in the theory that " Any publicity is good publicity as long as they get your name right.

If I know something is being disseminated that is wrong, I have a duty as an individual to at least say it is wrong.
I did not go out and look for people trashing Peter Green. It found me

So should I just say nothing?

This would be a mighty bland website, Maybe thats what people want

.....what do you think?
Old 01-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think everyone understands each other now. We don't have to agree. Let's not discuss it any longer, pro or con, because that will probably only serve to prolong or promote friction.

Michele
Old 01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This article outta set the record straight

Fleetwood Mac's Peter Green Controversial Rifle Threat (A Top Story)

On Wednesday Fleetwood Mac's Peter Green Controversial Rifle Threat was a top story. Here is the recap: (Gibson) On this day in 1977, former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Peter Green threatened his accountant Clifford Adams with an air rifle when he was trying to deliver a £30,000 ($51,000) royalty check to him. Gibson takes a look back:
Funny thing is, when given the chance to talk about his version some of the great "Peter Green" stories, Green is remarkably down-to-earth, matter-of-fact and he explains how everything, invariably, gets blown up by the press.

The story goes that on this day in 1977, Green was arrested for possessing a gun without a license and using threatening behavior. He supposedly tried to shoot his ex-manager Clifford Davis when he delivered his royalty check. The police came and arrested Green and he was put in prison. But Green, while not denying the story's basic facts to Q magazine in 1997, does have a somewhat less dramatic memory of events 20 years previous. For one thing, he says, the gun in question was a .22 rifle, the kind you'll find at a fairground, and he didn't even own any bullets. As for actually threatening to shoot his ex-manager, Green explains that while a threat was made, it was made on the phone. But, as he told Q, the media always like a good story.

“The papers were saying these ridiculous things like, ‘He went to the accountant’s office with an air rifle trying to get him to hand over a £30,000 cheque.’ There was no £30,000 cheque. I did get on the phone and threaten to shoot the windows out of the accountant’s office, but it was only a threat,” Green said.

Even the police arrest and subsequent jail time seem more mundane in Green’s retrospective vision: “The police came to me and they said, ‘Did you make that phone call?’ I said, ‘Yeah. It was only a .22 fairground kind of rifle and I didn’t have any bullets anyway.’ They put me in a couple of different prisons – Brixton, Wandsworth. It was nice because I didn’t do nothing. It was alright, y’know, walking around the yard once a day.”

http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/jan...e_Threat.shtml
Old 01-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks so much for making the effort to find and post that article, vivfox! Well done, and that does indeed "set the record straight".

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think everyone understands each other now. We don't have to agree. Let's not discuss it any longer, pro or con, because that will probably only serve to prolong or promote friction.
Yes, I think you're right on this. Not everyone agrees on things, but let's just continue from where we left off before all this recent brouhaha.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just one more post to further illuminate the story of Peter Green and the gun. It happened in late 1976 - I have a couple of books from 1978 that mention it, so they're roughly contemporary. One book ("Fleetwood Mac- The Authorized History" by Samuel Graham) states that Green and manager Clifford Davis had a fight on the telephone and that Green "threatened to shoot him". Davis reported that to the police, and when questioned, Green admitted he owned a gun and had used it once for hunting. Another book ("Fleetwood Mac - Rumours n' Fax" by Roy Carr and Steve Clarke) reproduces part of a newspaper or magazine clipping (the source of that is not stated, but it appears to have been from very shortly after the incident) which states that Green had demanded that his manager stop royalty payments, admitted to having a pump-action rifle without a firearms certificate, but denied threatening to damage his manager's office windows (presumably with the gun, but that's not stated explicitly).

A more recent account of the incident from Martin Celmins' book seems to rely mainly on Green's own memory of the events many years later. This account has Green asking Clifford Davis for money rather than trying to have royalty payments stopped, but Green admits that during the telephone conversation with Davis, he said "I'll shoot you." When told that an accountant - David Simmons - had the money, Green admits he said "well, I'll shoot his windows down too." From the account in this book, Green actually owned two guns, the one described as a .22 fairground rifle, and an older single-barrel shotgun. Green says in the book that although he owned the guns (and he does mention buying cartridges when he purchased the .22 rifle), he did not actually have either in his actual possession at the time of the phone call to Clifford Davis - they were at a different location or locations.

Both Celmins and Graham books state that Green was arrested later at his home; the article reproduced in the other book does not make the place of the actual arrest clear, but the somewhat sloppy wording could be taken to mean that he was arrested at Davis' offices, which could be where that part of later stories originated.

So while some of the exact details are still open to question, there seems no doubt that Green threatened his manager and accountant over the phone, but never fired a gun at either of them. What he did was bad enough, and it's a shame that the story was then distorted and sensationalized by others to make his actions sound much worse than they really were. Thanks again to vivfox for posting that most recent article to "set the record straight" here on the Ledge.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Recently I read The Element: How Finding your Passion Changes Everything, by Sir Ken Robinson. This noted creativity expert studies very successful creative people. In his book, he cites the experiences of many creative types who didn’t know what they were good at until they heard or saw something that struck a chord within them.

For instance, Robinson interviewed drummer Mick Fleetwood of the band Fleetwood Mac, who, as a young boy, struggled in school but loved to tap on things. What Fleetwood called “this tapping business” really came to life when he went to a live musical performance for the first time and realized that he wanted to be in that kind of environment:

“One day, I walked out of school and I sat under a large tree in the grounds. I’m not religious, but with tears pouring down my face, I prayed to God that I wouldn’t be in this place anymore. I wanted to be in London and play in a jazz club. It was totally naïve and ridiculous, but I made a firm commitment to myself that I was going to be a drummer.”

What came next was a series of “breaks” that might never have occurred if Mick had stayed in school.

Mick’s parents understood that school was not a place for someone with Mick’s kind of intelligence. At sixteen, he approached them about leaving school, and rather than insisting that he press on until graduation, they put him on a train to London with a drum kit and allowed him to pursue his inspiration.
Note that Fleetwood’s parents didn’t force him to play the drums, nor did they dissuade him from following his dream in order to follow one of theirs. Robinson’s book is full of stories of people who successfully followed their own interests, or passions as Robinson calls them. Not one of them achieved greatness by following their parents’ passions. In fact, in most cases the parents, if mentioned at all, either encouraged their children to find their own passions, or at the very least did not get in their way.

http://barbarafrankonline.com/blog.p...eve-greatness/
Old 02-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default One bloggers take on B-Sides

The B-side gives the artist opportunity to release material that doesn’t seem to fit on albums. With each single, the Pixies showed that they had so many classic songs, they could afford to chuck a few away on B-sides. The song Wave of Mutilation on their album Doolittle was a classic display of the band’s characteristic quiet-loud-quiet dynamic tension. But I prefer the slower UK Surf version, which is softer, bathed in reverberating guitar.

Man of the World, a fragile Peter Green-era highlight, was backed with the thuggish Someone’s Going to Get Their Head Kicked in Tonight. It doesn’t sound anything like Fleetwood Mac, evidenced by the fact that the Rezillos managed to cover it. Conversely, What the World is Waiting for captures the essence of the Stone Roses: hubristic lyrics, loose guitar riffing, skittering drums and lolloping bass. Without What the World is Waiting For, there’d be no Bluetones. But don’t hold that against it.

http://davereinstein.com/2011/02/03/...3-the-results/
Old 02-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow - Pixies, Fleetwood Mac, and The Stone Roses all in one short blog post, very nice. Three good songs too.