User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Christy's review of Houston

SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just typed a super long Houston review and pressed some button and it's GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*SCREAM WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Starting over....sh*t.

Yep, from the glance I saw, that lady in Houston looked like Susan Sarandon....that would have been so weird if it was her!!!!!

This review is going to be talking about a beyotch from hell. If you are her, you can bite me. You RUINED my Houston experience. PPFFTT!!

I saw/talked to Jake (no, you didn't scare me!! LOL The hair and glasses threw me.), Joanne (jjsigns....HEY GIRL!!! I am so grateful for the ride back to Conroe!! You are an angel...and we had fun making fun of the beyotch. OL), Livia, Jessica Leigh and Discomama1....HEY EVERYONE!! Nice to see you all!! Jake, glad you got up front, to see the Two Birds in action...awwww. LOL!!

The beyotch from hell story: Here goes nuttin. I was standing there, with nobody beside me...this red head comes up and says "I'm just gonna take a picture of Stevie." Okay, I thought, no problem. She stayed. She was drunk, her breath smelled like vomit mixed with dookie. Gross. She went back and forth from Lindsey's side to Stevie's all damn night. She reached up during IKINW and played...YES, I said IKINW. He had his eyes closed, she was reaching up playing the guitar, and when he opened his eyes, he was a little shocked, but smiled at her and then stepped up so she couldn't touch it, but that didn't mean she didn't TRY to more. Lawd. She came back over to my side (sh*t) during uhhh...I don't know Rhiannon or some song. I don't know why, but it bored me. It really never has before, but it did. I'm not saying it wasn't good or anything, I guess I was depressed from Miss Beyotch...who knows. She kept yelling at this other girl on the other side of me, "Where's my neice!?" That girl was inebriated too I think, but not sure, she was not obnoxious, she was jumping ALOT and enjoying the show...got lots of Lindsey love...she was okay. She also left for a song or two to get....ANOTHER DRINK. Jesus, give me strength. She kept pushing me over, bumping me, talking to me..."Isn't Mick beautiful?" I go, "No." and she goes "Oh, I think he's so beautiful." "They should just get married. Don't you think they should get married?" I go, "No." "I'd marry him in a second. Wouldn't you marry him in a second?" To that, I said..."Yes." LOL!! I tried to ignore her, but it was very difficult. Right before Big Love, she goes "Lindsey, can I have the towel?" and he threw it to someone else (Gimme 20 minutes....ROTFLMAO!!!!!!). Whew, I'm back. LOL She goes "Awww....well, can I have your heart then?" He put his hand on his heart and nodded. (Insert finger down throat gagging icon here) During Sara, she was singing loudly and off key (RUINING it for me) and kept yelling their names during every friggin song. Fast forward to the end of the show....I held out my book and poster for Lindsey, he comes over to me first, takes them and gives me a "What do I do with this?" look. LOL I go "That's for you!" and he goes "Thank you." and gives me a sweet look. Awwww. Then, people shove their hands up there for him to grab and he bends down to grab beyotch's hand....GET THIS....she PULLS him towards her and kisses his hand....and he ALMOST FELL OFF THE STAGE!!!! If he had, he would have fallen on top of me...as he was right in front of me. I was MORTIFIED. He caught himself and held onto the speakers, and laughed very nervously. Stupid beyotch. I'm not bitter or anything. LOL

People enjoyed Mick. Can you believe it? LOL Kidding. I just don't enjoy it after seeing it umpteen times. I get a breather during that time, from screaming and stuff. LOL

Stevie didn't mess up the words to GDW...YAY!! LOL

I screamed COME!!! again. Hehe.

Landslide was dedicated to us Texans....the NON-OBNOXIOUS ONES!!

At the end of the show, after I handed Lindsey my book/poster, I didn't watch his reaction, I was tired of standing on my tippy toes. My legs were shaking so bad towards the end. We stood on the cables. Ugh. Anywho, the guy behind me goes "OMG, he just showed Stevie your book!! She made a face like 'How cool!'" I WAS STOKED!!! Then some others said the same thing to me....and I was like "OMG!! Awesome!!!!" I hope he enjoys that book and the poster too.

Ya'll heard about Landslide and how the Houstonians (and others. LOL) were way loud and held out "Snooooooooooooooowwwww") and it tickled her and Lindsey to death!!! SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!! I pray someone got it on tape, video, SOMETHING!! Adorable moment!

The crowd was very loud during GYOW too!! I was shocked.

I didn't get anything signed in Houston....was worried about getting the book/poster to him. But, I think I got enough this tour.

The roses on Stevie's stand in Dallas were GORGEOUS, full, red and beautiful...the ones in Houston must have been gagged by humidity...they looked almost dead!! LOL

The guy behind me was AMAZED at Lindsey!! He kept yelling out "Give it to us, baby!! Come on, baby!!" to both of them!! LMAO!!

The other man behind me got a towel!! I was so happy he did, because he was right behind beyotch and she turned to him after he caught it and went "Give that to me. I'm a girl...give me the towel." and he goes "I have three girls at home." I gave him the thumbsup. Yep, I'm a beyotch. Hehehehe.

OMG, I forgot something he did in Dallas...lemme say it while it's fresh in my mind!! During Tusk, when he does that laugh thing he went "Mwaahahaha...ay ay ay ay ay ay ay!!!!!" like an Indian (I'm part Cherokee, I can say Indian. LOL) or something....I was LMAO!!! Also, another new thing he's doing during the beginning of Tusk....punching his fist out. Never seen that before. When did he start doing that?!?!

Joanne (jjsigns) got one of the setlists! Yay! We almost got a petal off Stevie's rose, but we found out they came off someone's roses for Stevie, we both threw it back on the stage. LOL

I called my mom during the show. She loves Don't Stop, so I called her right before they played it. She was stoked!!

I got a VERY COOL photo of Lindsey looking right at me during Goodbye Baby...it's kinda fuzzy and weird, but it kicks a$$!!! I waited until he either looked or smiled (or both! LOL) at me, then I clicked away. Hee!!

Lil LeeLee was over to the side, like Jake said...with these big ol' headphones on her ears! CUTE!!! Lindsey went over to play to her during some song...can't remember. Dreams? I dunno. I didn't see Kristen in Houston, but many say she was there with LeeLee. LeeLee didn't stay the whole show, maybe a quarter or half.

Security was very strict in Houston, unlike Dallas where they barely checked our purses at all. In Houston, we were wanded, and had to open every zippered compartent (I almost had a massive coronary as my camera was in a zippered pouch!!) and he made me open my wallet! He didn't see my camera bag tho!! THANK GOD!! I paid $7.50 for a hot dog and a bottled water...HAD TO, I was starving, hadn't eaten all day. Sweet Jebus!!

Every dang event staff had to check our tickets, and they gave us these retarded plastic things you could hang around your neck, to put your ticket in, so I did, and then, went "I look stupid with this thing on." LOL

It was pretty packed in Houston (and Dallas...it sold well, IMO) and I want to thank (even tho I'm sure they aren't Ledgies. LOL) the two men behind me for not being obnoxious and for giving me some space.

Oh, BTW, Jake, I got a photo of the "Lindsey jig"!! When you told me that, I was like "Huh?" but that's because I was concentrating on taking the photo and it's an EXCELLENT picture of "the bows"....including jig. LOL

Taku is just a terrific cheerleader for the show...always trying to hype the crowd! Great job!

They BOTH sounded amazing!! The sound in Dallas sucked, the sound in Houston...WAY BETTER, IMO.

****Sorry this review had alot about beyotch, but she was such a HUGE part of the damn show, I thought maybe she was IN the friggin band. If I told you all about my bus rides/hotel room crap, this would go on for another 10 pages, so I'll spare you.

In the words of Lindsey...."that's enough for me"...I am HORRIBLE with details...I'm sure others saw stuff I didn't see (like Lindsey showing Stevie my book...WAAHHHH!!! I didn't see that!!!) and are better at details.

Some pics to come tonight...others tomorrow hopefully!!

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 06-18-2004 at 10:13 PM..
Old 06-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

This review is going to be talking about a beyotch from hell. If you are her, you can bite me. You RUINED my Houston experience. PPFFTT!!
I hate when some a--hole ruins a great time by being an even more annoying drunk f--khead.

Quote:

Landslide was dedicated to us Texans....the NON-OBNOXIOUS ONES!!
Non-obnoxious and sober too

Quote:

At the end of the show, after I handed Lindsey my book/poster, I didn't watch his reaction, I was tired of standing on my tippy toes. My legs were shaking so bad towards the end. We stood on the cables. Ugh. Anywho, the guy behind me goes "OMG, he just showed Stevie your book!! She made a face like 'How cool!'" I WAS STOKED!!! Then some others said the same thing to me....and I was like "OMG!! Awesome!!!!" I hope he enjoys that book and the poster too.
That's great...I wished I could've seen that because I betcha it was priceless...Way to go wondergirl!!!

Quote:

OMG, I forgot something he did in Dallas...lemme say it while it's fresh in my mind!! During Tusk, when he does that laugh thing he went "Mwaahahaha...ay ay ay ay ay ay ay!!!!!" like an Indian (I'm part Cherokee, I can say Indian. LOL) or something....I was LMAO!!! Also, another new thing he's doing during the beginning of Tusk....punching his fist out. Never seen that before. When did he start doing that?!?!
He did sound rather "Native" when he did that Tusk laugh. Btw, I am a member on the tribal rolls of the Cherokee Nation Of Oklahoma...Even though I do not look it at all, I'm just too damn pale

Also, I remember something about Dallas that occurred in your location, What the hell happened during GYOW with the audience participation on the Turner??? Linds' almost didn't make it back to the mic in time but I couldnt tell why...I did see he was laughing about something. Did the fans try to keep playing the Turner when he knew it was time to head back to the mic?

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Ledgie

I'm glad you "expounded" on the woman from hell. LOL Now I have a question for you Christy, did you take any pictures of Stevie? Since mine all turned out terribly i hope you did. I should have used Jake as a tripod.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

i was way back in the 11th row and i saw you hand the book to lindsey and also watched him and stevie look at it together...very cool...

this was my first FM show ever and i also had to endure an obnoxious drunk person a few seats away...we should really be allowed to shoot these people...

also, it might have been where i was sitting, but the sound was AWFUL...are you saying it was even WORSE in dallas? sheesh...oh well, it was still worth it just to be in the presence of those four people...

interesting things i got to see:

lindsey being driven right past me as i waited in line before the gates were opened...it pays to get there early!

slightly less interesting: cory walking past me shortly before the show started...

not very interesting, but funny: watching EVERYONE around me being completely dumbfounded during mick's solo...and quite a few of them walking out...

all in all even though there were some disappointments with the mostly lame crowd and bad sound, it was a really cool show...what was in the book you gave him? pictures and stuff? it's neat to imagine him sitting on the bus looking through it...
Old 06-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How low was the stage that she was able to reach his guitar during IKINW?

I noticed the fist punching thing during this leg of the tour, he wasn't doing it last year. I like it

Did you like the new addition to the Lindsey Stand Back tribal dance?

I'm glad you got your things to Lindsey and I hope your show wasn't totally ruined, it seems like we've all had more than our fair share of morons this leg of the tour....must be the sheds combined with the beer and other cocktails they serve. At some shows people are walking around with 2 ft high clear plastic drink glasses filled with some colored concoction that look like it's enough to quench the thirst of every man and woman in the place. Then they plop it down, hold it over your head, spill and splash it on you.

Quote:
Isn't Mick beautiful?" I go, "No." and she goes "Oh, I think he's so beautiful."

Yeah, I've had a few of those and you just stare at them as they try to flirt with him, it's like you're suddenly having a nightmare right smack in the middle of the best night of your life. UGH It's at that moment that you realize it's not only liquor, these morons are on serious drugs.

Last edited by Cour; 06-18-2004 at 11:05 PM..
Old 06-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Christy

I am so sorry about the drunk lady. There were a few of them in Hershey, too. Maybe they need to have a non-alcoholic show or something. I think some people just go to drink.

Sounds like Lindsey really enjoyed your book! What kind of book was it?

I am glad that guy got the towel, too.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Yeppers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsigns
I'm glad you "expounded" on the woman from hell. LOL Now I have a question for you Christy, did you take any pictures of Stevie? Since mine all turned out terribly i hope you did. I should have used Jake as a tripod.
I'm about to post the links to only a HANDFUL of photos. It's midnight, I didn't get much sleep the past two nights. More pics to come this weekend folks!!

Brian, I don't know what happened during GYOW, I was being crushed to death in the sea of people!! LOL Ya'll, my glasses were shoved over, I was afraid they'd break!!!! I played the Turner.....A LOT...how the hell did I forget saying that in my review!?!?!??!!!?! I'm tired.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christy, I enjoyed reading your reviews. They made me laugh, epsecially your descriptions of the beyotch. And that's so cool that you were able to give your present to Lindsey.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Hi there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time
i was way back in the 11th row and i saw you hand the book to lindsey and also watched him and stevie look at it together...very cool...

this was my first FM show ever and i also had to endure an obnoxious drunk person a few seats away...we should really be allowed to shoot these people...

also, it might have been where i was sitting, but the sound was AWFUL...are you saying it was even WORSE in dallas? sheesh...oh well, it was still worth it just to be in the presence of those four people...

interesting things i got to see:

lindsey being driven right past me as i waited in line before the gates were opened...it pays to get there early!

slightly less interesting: cory walking past me shortly before the show started...

not very interesting, but funny: watching EVERYONE around me being completely dumbfounded during mick's solo...and quite a few of them walking out...

all in all even though there were some disappointments with the mostly lame crowd and bad sound, it was a really cool show...what was in the book you gave him? pictures and stuff? it's neat to imagine him sitting on the bus looking through it...
First of all....Welcome to the Ledge!! Yes, I posted photos I printed from the net, wrote quotes and stuff. I'm kinda hoping Cory mentions it in a tour diary, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much. LOL

Geez, drunk people EVERYWHERE. Well, considering Smirnoff just sucks period anyways, Houston was WAY better soundwise, yes.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lmao!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
How low was the stage that she was able to reach his guitar during IKINW?

Did you like the new addition to the Lindsey Stand Back tribal dance?

I'm glad you got your things to Lindsey and I hope your show wasn't totally ruined, it seems like we've all had more than our fair share of morons this leg of the tour....must be the sheds combined with the beer and other cocktails they serve. At some shows people are walking around with 2 ft high clear plastic drink glasses filled with some colored concoction that look like it's enough to quench the thirst of every man and woman in the place. Then they plop it down, hold it over your head, spill and splash it on you.
The stage was pretty low...but I'm short, so it was too high, IMO. LOL!!! The Stand Back tribal dance is GREATNESS!! Hehe. That plastic glass is what I was talking about that in Dallas, the girl threw it to Lindsey during Mick's part of WT!! She got his towel....he got a plastic beer thingie.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First of all....Welcome to the Ledge!! Yes, I posted photos I printed from the net, wrote quotes and stuff. I'm kinda hoping Cory mentions it in a tour diary, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much. LOL

Oh, that would be so cool! I hope it happens for ya! What did the poster you handed to him look like? I wish I could think of something to write and give to him like your photo book. Guess I'm not very creative! I wouldn't have been as nice as you were with those lame ass drunk slobs , how about an elbow in the gut, or a stomp on the foot. But, I'm afraid I would start a fight, which would not be good. I think all venues should take a look at the way Auburn handles the flippin' rude ass drunks - they have a beer garden outside of the seating and they can only drink in there - no exceptions! So that way all the drunks are corraled in their fenced off area where they deserve to be!
Anyway, great review, can't wait to see your pics!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 06-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Before I go to bed...

Here is my Lindsey Rules sign!! Hehe...couldn't miss THAT, huh? LOL

It was a small sign....and someone in Houston made a Lindsey Rules sign, and I need to get a hold of them because they owe me trademark money!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lindsey Rules sign.jpg (17.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 06-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It was a small sign....and someone in Houston made a Lindsey Rules sign, and I need to get a hold of them because they owe me trademark money!

I know, well I had a sign that said "Lindsey Rulz" for all the shows I went to last year. I also had the John Rulz sign and right after I went to my last show, the very next show someone posted and said they brought a "John Rulz" (yes, spelled the exact same way) sign and John saw it and asked for it or something. At least come up with your own idea, not that mine was original, but really.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 06-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb More randomness....

I remember watching Stevie drink through her straw. LOL

They beyotch saying to me "Stevie hates me....she hates everyone." Moron.

Mick's headset mic went out in Houston and I read on another board he called Houston....Dallas. LOL I remember going to myself "What did he say?!" but his mic was cutting out, so I couldn't make it out. Stevie pointed to her mic like, "Use mine, Mick."
Old 06-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We? Are such fangirls Great pics, btw! I'm already having withdrawls and it's only been a week...I need to find out about Camden soon before I go craaazy!!! Glad you had a great time (except for the drunkards)