User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Christy's review of Dallas

Disclaimer: If you are a Ledgie and you were one of the obnoxious people next to me in Dallas....PPPPFFFTTT!! BITE ME and learn to control your liquor for goodness sake! Geez!!

Okay, I'm trying to remember stuff, bear with me. I was peeved that I had 2nd row when I was told it was front row, but hey, I was up front anyways. I met the girl who met Stevie last year and Stevie told her she met her in a previous life...she's a sweet girl...she's not a Ledgie. BTW, she got her shirt singed by Miss Stevie at the Houston show!!!! She asked Cory if she could take it back and it came back signed Stevie Nicks with the Wild Heart logo....that was so sweet of Cory!! She freakin' ROCKS!! She was peeved because she had Row A as well, bought them from a broker, but she still made her way up to the stage smack dab in front of her idol!!

Moving on....the show....kicked some major a$$!!! The sound sucked, IMO, as I couldn't understand a WORD any of them said. BOO!! I was so excited to hear IKINW live!!!! A lady I've dubbed Booby McBoob/Drunky McDrunk was a couple of people over from me....she was bouncing her Two Birds all over the dang place. Another lady, I shall call her Smokey McSmoke was in front of my mom. Then, we had Talky McTalk behind me....screaming in her cell phone "My husband's up there!! He's right in front of us!!"

I remember these details: Stevie dedicating Landslide to Roger, their pilot...he's from Texas, right?

Seeing/talking to Brian (estranged4life) was rad! Hey Brian! He's a trooper for coming down even tho he didn't feel well. Hope Debbie is doing okay!!

ISA has a new VERY DARK part....close to the beginning of the main solo...it's WAY rad and I hope someone bootlegged at LEAST one of the Texas shows....also, because I screamed out "COME!!!!!!" right before it. LOL I did that in Houston too. Hehe. Nobody but me probably caught the new dark part in ISA. LOL

Dammit, details are fuzzy because of the two shows intertwining! LOL My mom LOVED the show...I think alot more than last year...she'd never been that close at the concert, EVER. She's loves Don't Stop! More on that later....

Yes, I cried...sobbed...whatever during Red Rover. I closed my eyes, put my fingers in my ears for maximum sound effect and put my head down. I was a freakin' MESS afterwards.

Sara....I didn't get to enjoy in Dallas. Smokey McSmoke decided, "Hey, I want a smoke. Can you hand me my purse?!" I had to turn around ask the lady to give me her purse and handed it to her. Sigh....I didn't really get to enjoy Sara last night either...more in my Houston review. Dammit.

I made a sign that says Lindsey Rules on it....more details on what happened to it later...Jake already mentioned it in his review, but I'll tell more about it. He saw my sign and pointed at me and smiled!! Hehe.

I remember that Stevie messed up the words on GDW. She went "Heartless challenge, pick their prey but they never cry out loud..." Woops...it's lousy lovers, Miss Stevie.

I loved her Sara shimmy shake!! CUTE!!!

My photos came out AWESOME!! They are coming, gimme time to shrink them and put my name on them.....they are SOOOOOOO much better than my England photos.....even tho, I have to say...the English crowds FRICKIN RULE!!!!! I appreciate them so much for not being obnoxious and drunk
(well,that one guy on the last London show, but he wasn't as bad as the morons in Texas.) Rude Americans. LOL!

I saw Kristen at the Dallas show!! She is so frickin beautiful. She was at first, on stage, then I saw her walking down along the front row. Nobody stopped her or anything and I wanted to get her photo, but I was too slow, she walked up towards the out. Wish I could have said hello to her.

The event staff didn't check our tickets in Dallas, we just sat down...Houston was way different. More on that later.

Some lady and guy went "Wait, we have to stand up?" to the Event Staff. Amateurs.

My mom and I both held up the OOTC cover throughout the show and Lindsey was in shock. LOL I had taken a black Sharpie for him to use, but the guy in front of us (Isaac Hanson's twin!! LOL) had a silver marker, and Lindsey used THAT instead!! I was STOKED!!! Silver is WAY better than black!!

Random thoughts: I am hoarse today from two days of SCREAMING. LOL Thank you GOD for not letting it rain either day!!!!!

Off topic, but sad: I found out today that 4 people drowned in the Fort Worth Water Gardens Wednesday night. May God heal their sorrows. 3 kids and 1 dad.

No, didn't get a sweaty towel, but didn't want one either. LOL I accomplished what I wanted in Houston....giving Lindsey the book and poster. Got lots of smiles, points, him singing part of Beautiful Child to me too!!!

Sorry you got molested, Brian, read my Houston review for my story. LOL Also, sorry we missed ya after the show.

Booby McBoob/Drunky McDrunk threw a cigarrette at Lindsey during....uh...some song. LOL She also threw her alcoholic beverage flask thingie at him during WT...when he sits at the side of the stage. He threw her his towel. She was not giving up bugging him until she got that damn towel. I hope it flew out the car window after the show. Yep, I'm a beyotch.

I'm so fuzzy on the Dallas show....my show details are running together. I'll try to remember more from Dallas. Lemme move on to Houston...THAT is fresher in my mind.

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 06-18-2004 at 09:05 PM..
Old 06-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like a good time, except for those rude people. Sorry you had to go through that.

Congrats on the OOTC poster!

(referring to the "Death Star" laser)
Dr. Evil- "...I thought we'd name it in his honor: The Alan Parsons Project."
Scott- "The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung?"
Old 06-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review, Christy! It looks like you managed to have a good time despite the morons who continue to ruin the shows for many fans.

I knew you'd get Red Rover since you love that song, it's like a dream come true hearing it live

I can't wait to hear about your book and poster...sounds like you got major Lindsey Love
Old 06-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking "isnt that weird"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Moving on....the show....kicked some major a$$!!! The sound sucked, IMO, as I couldn't understand a WORD any of them said. BOO!! I was so excited to hear IKINW live!!!! A lady I've dubbed Booby McBoob/Drunky McDrunk was a couple of people over from me....she was bouncing her Two Birds all over the dang place.
It's weird, But on the side of the venue where your Mother & yourself sat the sound seems to be drowned out (From possibly the walls reflecting the sound. Back in 2001 Stevie's PA sounded awful because of the reflecting sound...) but it sounded great on the side where I sat. As I said before "The Smirnoff Parking Garage"!!!

I think Booby McBoob's twin was the woman who wanted me to be her "play" thing (Only after she "bounced" towards all the other males in my row, Who practically ignored her, Including a few who were with their wives!!!)

Quote:

Seeing/talking to Brian (estranged4life) was rad! Hey Brian! He's a trooper for coming down even tho he didn't feel well. Hope Debbie is doing okay!!
It was fun, Because when we started talking there wasnt that many people entering the venue which worried me that this show did not sell at all (Wrong!!!) Btw, Debbie is doing fine...I feel alright, But I will be a walking dead sore throat after this Tuesday's "outpatient operation"

Quote:

Dammit, details are fuzzy because of the two shows intertwining! LOL My mom LOVED the show...I think alot more than last year...she'd never been that close at the concert, EVER. She's loves Don't Stop! More on that later....

I'm glad yer Mother enjoyed the show...Did she wanna be Linds' "Come" girl???

Quote:

Yes, I cried...sobbed...whatever during Red Rover. I closed my eyes, put my fingers in my ears for maximum sound effect and put my head down. I was a freakin' MESS afterwards.

I was trying to see where you were when RR started, But it was like looking at a can full of sardines (Yuck!), Cause the people were packed in tightly at the front of the stage.

Quote:

I remember that Stevie messed up the words on GDW. She went "Heartless challenge, pick their prey but they never cry out loud..." Woops...it's lousy lovers, Miss Stevie.

She did screw 'em up bigtime (LOL!!!), Cause I was singing the song to myself when I noticed her screwup...Oh well, But it was still a rockin' GDW none-the-less

Quote:

I loved her Sara shimmy shake!! CUTE!!!

ALOT of Stevie seem to shimmy if ya ask me...Ahhh, those 2 birds of Rhiannon

Quote:

Off topic, but sad: I found out today that 4 people drowned in the Fort Worth Water Gardens Wednesday night. May God heal their sorrows. 3 kids and 1 dad.

I read that on the front page of the Thursday edition of the Dallas Morning News, Rather tragic & very sad...I feel for those who lost their loved ones

Quote:

Sorry you got molested, Brian, read my Houston review for my story. LOL Also, sorry we missed ya after the show.

Okie-dokie...I'll check out your Houston review. Livia, Jessica Leigh & myself looked for ya to see how ya survived through RR & Come, but alas we missed ya.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow More thoughts....

Just thought of something else....so many guys enjoy Lindsey's playing...whereas not many women do.....'cept me. LOL Smokey McSmoke paid ZERO attention to ISA, Come and any other solo. PFFTT! Whatevah.

Littlelies7...it wasn't an OOTC poster, it was the record for OOTC. I have a poster, but no way was I gonna haul that thing around. LOL

Brian...yep, the sound SUCKED major. My mom doesn't know what a "Come girl" is. LOL I was down in the crowd (I'm a shortie, ya know. LOL) during Red Rover.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Littlelies7...it wasn't an OOTC poster, it was the record for OOTC. I have a poster, but no way was I gonna haul that thing around. LOL
Whoops, sorry. Glad you got the record signed!

(referring to the "Death Star" laser)
Dr. Evil- "...I thought we'd name it in his honor: The Alan Parsons Project."
Scott- "The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung?"
Old 06-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Something I remembered...

John got a stuffed Rockhopper penguin in Dallas...SO CUTE!! He held it up towards the end of the show for everyone and we all yelled for him!
Old 06-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wink LOVED your review!!

I keep trying to add my thoughts to it, as I was on the front row on Lindsey's side but my post keeps being wiped out for some reason. I log in, try to post, it asks me to log in again, then says invalid thread or something. This happened twice already and it's driving me nuts! I was right there between Smoky McSmoke and Drunky McDrunk and I HAVE SO MUCH TO ADD!
Old 06-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wink LOVED your review!!

Seems to be working now, I'll try this again. Maybe I'm too slow or something. Anyway, as I said I was right down there in Kook Central. Ol' Smoky kept hollering LINDSEY GIMME YOUR TOWEL about a ZILLION times. Just over and over and over. Ol' Drunky threw 2 unlit cigarettes at Lindsey! Who does that??! Shortly after that weirdness I felt drops of liquid flying at me from somewhere. Yep, Ol' Drunky was dipping her straw into her drink and BLOWING LIQUOR AT LINDSEY. Oh. My. Gawd. THEN she asked my boyfriend if she could set her foot-tall icky-sticky drink glass on the stage in front of us. Right there where we and a coupla other guys had set our Lindsey items to hopefully get signed so we'd be ready with them at the end of the show. My man looked at her like she was crazy, which she was, and said NO!-We don't want that crap spilling all over our stuff or us. Man, I am SO TIRED of being a kook magnet. I mean, really. NO ONE loves to get drunk or high as much as I do, but I didn't have so much as a cigarette the day of the concert. I wanted each and every brain cell fully alert and focused on the band! I can party the other 364 days of the year when Fleetwood Mac isn't right there in my face. It's a shame others don't feel the same way and try to ruin it for the rest of us.
I'm just gonna post this much for now and see if this thing will work or not. -MORE TO COME!-
Old 06-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Hey there!!!!

Are you the girl with the guy who looked like Isaac Hanson?! You were wearing a chrocheted beanie cap thing?

My Gawsh, how did I forget the beer being sprayed on us!!! Yeah, I got some of that crap on my arm too. Thanks for bringing that up.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wink More thoughts on Dallas

OK, continuing on: I could've DIED when you said that Ol' Drunky got Lindsey's towel. I saw him autograph it and toss it out there, but I didn't know it was for the Head Kook. Even Ol' Smoky wasn't as irritating as she was. Bad behavior should NOT be rewarded!! Isn't that always how it goes, though? Boo! Hiss! By the way, I was the girl in the crochet hat. You mentioned that some girl dressed like Stevie kept trying to talk to Lindsey the whole time. I just wanted to make sure you know IT WASN'T ME! I was too awestruck to say anything. I just whooped and clapped at the appropriate times to do so. My boyfriend was the one with the silver pen. Isaac Hanson, eh??! That is SO humiliating! I told him someone posted that just to see him cringe in horror. That is just too funny! Actually, I think he looks just like Tom Petty on his first record. Were you the Lung Lady? There was this girl behind us who would periodically let out this blood-curdling, I'm-being-horribly-murdered scream. She only did so in between songs at the appropriate times so it wasn't annoying or anything, just funny after a while. I kept thinking, how does she DO that? That's not even human! It cracked me up! In spite of all the crowd shenanigans I had an AMAZING time and a religious experience musically. Glad you got to be there and go on to Houston. I will try to collect my thoughts some more and see if I have more stuff to add. I'm sure I will.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking Oops!

Quote:
Are you the girl with the guy who looked like Isaac Hanson?! You were wearing a chrocheted beanie cap thing?

My Gawsh, how did I forget the beer being sprayed on us!!! Yeah, I got some of that crap on my arm too. Thanks for bringing that up.
Oops! You somehow posted in between my posts! Yes that was us!
Old 06-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Rotflmao!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbirdjel
My boyfriend was the one with the silver pen. Isaac Hanson, eh??! That is SO humiliating! I told him someone posted that just to see him cringe in horror. That is just too funny! Actually, I think he looks just like Tom Petty on his first record. Were you the Lung Lady? There was this girl behind us who would periodically let out this blood-curdling, I'm-being-horribly-murdered scream. She only did so in between songs at the appropriate times so it wasn't annoying or anything, just funny after a while. I kept thinking, how does she DO that? That's not even human! It cracked me up! In spite of all the crowd shenanigans I had an AMAZING time and a religious experience musically. Glad you got to be there and go on to Houston. I will try to collect my thoughts some more and see if I have more stuff to add. I'm sure I will.
I AM LUNG LADY!!!!! My new nickname has been found!! LMAO!!! That was probably me, yes! Sorry for saying he looks like Isaac, but he did, I almost thought it WAS him, but your boyfriend's hair is alot longer than his. Tom Petty, yeah, he did resemble him too!!! I wish I had known you were a Ledgie, I would have introduced myself! Your boyfriend got everything signed by Lindsey, right?! I was stoked you guys brought a silver pen, because he signed my OOTC record cover right in the middle!! Hope we didn't crush you guys, when he signed. If we did !!!!

I'm-being-horribly-murdered scream!! LMAO!!!! I am hoarse from screaming in Dallas/Houston!! I sound like I've been smoking my whole life!!

Glad you guys got stuff signed and enjoyed the show!!

I screamed out "COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" like a freakin' banshee.....yep, that was me. Hehe.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Red face Oh My

Oh man, please know I meant that in a good way! I was a little envious, as I'm only a mediocre hollerer, not a pure screamer like yourself. Glad you liked the silver pen! Both of our items were dark so we figured silver would show up better. Everyone else had their own black pens so I was hoping nobody minded when he used ours instead. I got my "Trouble" 45 sleeve signed and Boyfriend got his SYW CD cover signed. Last year I got my "Go Insane" sheet music (!) signed. Having my favorite LB items signed has got to be one of the most amazing things that's ever happened to me. I usually don't have much of what I like to call Rock 'n' Roll Luck (kick-ass seats, autographs, etc.). After giving it some thought, Boyfriend said the Hanson thing wasn't so bad after all cuz he's like 21 and we're pretty old-I'm 35 and he's 36. . I'm super-new to this forum thing so I had no idea who to look for. I rarely post anything, as I usually prefer to just circle like a vulture.