The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:17 AM

You know how you can tell if $tevie is lying.

Her lips are moving.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding why Stevie would wait until now to exact her payback on Lindsey for whatever nastiness he perpetrated towards her in the past, there is an old saying: "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

In other words, if you want to really get back at someone, don't do it, don't "serve it up to them" when you are hot, angry, really in the emotional upset phase. Wait. Let things, and let yourself, cool down. When your emotions are calmer, cooler, you can make a more rational decision. You can be more cold, hard, calculating if you are not still worked up and emotional. Wait. Carefully. Let the other person and everyone else think the fuss is over. And when you are not all fired up by emotions, you can plot an even more cold revenge.

I don't know if Stevie actually spent recent 30 years plotting out how to get her revenge, but boy when she saw her chance, she did not for one second let it go by. She jumped on it. She wasn't thinking about the longterm legacy of the band, she wasn't thinking about hey this is one last go with these guys and I'm free. She clearly still harbored resentments to Lindsey.

And I actually think she's harbored resentments or whatever towards LB since the SYW album. She's put up roadblock after roadblock every step of the way since then to NOT do anything more than the cash grab tours with this band. NOTHING else. Mick publicly groveled at her feet to get her to do stuff, LB publicly groveled, writing songs to her (the EP and even on SYW) and was very careful in interviews to say complimentary things etc. When groveling wasn't enough Mick gave interviews blaming her for the death of the band, etc. In fact, to me, Mick publicly shamed her about this a thousand times moreso than LB did. Why isn't she mad at him?

In any event, the opportunity came, and she took it. I don't think AT ALL that her actions were caused by Tom's death, or that she is "acting out of grief". Stevie is very clever, and she knows a good opportunity when she sees one. Tom's death just gave her a plausible cover for justifying taking her revenge finally.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Regarding why Stevie would wait until now to exact her payback on Lindsey for whatever nastiness he perpetrated towards her in the past, there is an old saying: "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

In other words, if you want to really get back at someone, don't do it, don't "serve it up to them" when you are hot, angry, really in the emotional upset phase. Wait. Let things, and let yourself, cool down. When your emotions are calmer, cooler, you can make a more rational decision. You can be more cold, hard, calculating if you are not still worked up and emotional. Wait. Carefully. Let the other person and everyone else think the fuss is over. And when you are not all fired up by emotions, you can plot an even more cold revenge.

I don't know if Stevie actually spent recent 30 years plotting out how to get her revenge, but boy when she saw her chance, she did not for one second let it go by. She jumped on it. She wasn't thinking about the longterm legacy of the band, she wasn't thinking about hey this is one last go with these guys and I'm free. She clearly still harbored resentments to Lindsey.

And I actually think she's harbored resentments or whatever towards LB since the SYW album. She's put up roadblock after roadblock every step of the way since then to NOT do anything more than the cash grab tours with this band. NOTHING else. Mick publicly groveled at her feet to get her to do stuff, LB publicly groveled, writing songs to her (the EP and even on SYW) and was very careful in interviews to say complimentary things etc. When groveling wasn't enough Mick gave interviews blaming her for the death of the band, etc. In fact, to me, Mick publicly shamed her about this a thousand times moreso than LB did. Why isn't she mad at him?

In any event, the opportunity came, and she took it. I don't think AT ALL that her actions were caused by Tom's death, or that she is "acting out of grief". Stevie is very clever, and she knows a good opportunity when she sees one. Tom's death just gave her a plausible cover for justifying taking her revenge finally.
Pretty spot on. IMO.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure how many of you have checked out Lindsey's forum, but there is talk on his Instagram of how he wanted Fleetwood Mac to wait to tour till he was finished his tour.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
Not sure how many of you have checked out Lindsey's forum, but there is talk on his Instagram of how he wanted Fleetwood Mac to wait to tour till he was finished his tour.
it's called nuance and sarcasm.

of course the misunderstanding and willful misinterpretation i am told is already all over Nicks-cultist social media groups is not surprising.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-28-2018, 04:24 PM

It's called sarcasm. A wit you need if you love FMac and family.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's called sarcasm. A wit you need if you love FMac and family.
There's a shocking lack of that here lately.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default From the Taking Things Literally Dept.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
There's a shocking lack of that here lately.
Like I said, you can tell when $he's lying if her lips are moving.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Like I said, you can tell when $he's lying if her lips are moving.
Those are probably fake, too.