Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Video Clip Request

There is a Wild Heart Era interview where they are outside and the interviewer asks Stevie what the Wild Heart is. She ends up saying something like The Wild Heart isn't as fragile as Bella Donna and says the word wild about 10 times haha. This used to be on YouTube but sadly I can't find it anymore. If anyone has a copy or a link they would be willing to share I would be eternally grateful!
Old 04-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

You are referring to the 1983 US Festival interview with MTV's Mark Goodman. Both are high as a kite during the interview. Mark wrote in the book the amounts of coke he did with rock stars and he and Stevie were really good friends.
The question he asks is "is there a song from The Wild Heart that is close to you? Stand Back?" Then Stevie says The Nightbird because she lost someone close to herself lately. You are correct she also says The Wild Heart is really wild and not as fragile as Bella Donna. Try searching for Stevie interview during the 1983 US Festival.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Karen Probably took it down when she was looking for 24K demos for Stevie. Let's ask Karen to bring it back
Old 06-08-2018, 10:03 AM

I understand what clip you're talking about but I can't find it right now, I think it wasn't titled properly on youtube, however it's not the interview with Mark Goodman because that one wasn't outside.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I understand what clip you're talking about but I can't find it right now, I think it wasn't titled properly on youtube, however it's not the interview with Mark Goodman because that one wasn't outside.
Yes it was outside during the US Festival. The Wild Heart was just released and Mark asks her about the difference between Bella Donna and Wild Heart. Then he asks her what her favorite song is off the album (he says maybe Stand Back) and she talks about Night Bird and losing her best friend.
Stevie is in a black cape and both her and Mark are high as a kite. She keeps swaying back and forth and uses the word wild too many times
I think it was removed from YouTube.

I think you are thinking of the MTV sit down interview with Mark Goodman. That was much more staged and where she talks about Lindsey ruining her electric skillet. The other one Mark was on assignment at the US Festival where Stevie was playing. It was outside with tents next to them.
Mark and Stevie were really good friends. She knew she could trust him. They did tons of coke together. The clip is the only time I have seen Mark appear to be high.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-08-2018 at 04:03 PM..
Old 06-08-2018, 04:11 PM

Yes, I was referencing this interview with Mark Goodman:

I don't remember who was the other interviewer because it's been a long time, but yes I do remember the video and upon further research I've seen it's been removed due to copyright infringement. However I found this quotes & stills from the interview:

https://stevienicksquotes.tumblr.com/post/137098408220/asked-about-the-wild-heart-the-wild-heart-is

https://stevienicksquotes.tumblr.com/post/140695973965/asked-which-song-from-the-album-is-closest-to-her

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 06-08-2018 at 04:14 PM..