The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Straight Back from Mirage.... different on LP?

Hi fellow Mac fans I am greatly puzzled. I recently got back into vinyl because I missed my records, especially my Mac ones. I got an old stereo with a BSR changer complete with those old huge speakers and i soon remembered why i missed my records as soon as I put the Mirage album on.
After getting through side 1, I flipped it over to side 2 and rocked out to Lindsey's 'Empire State' (always one of my favs being that i live in NY). That song ended and 'Straight Back' came on (personally my favorite Stevie song on this collection). I very quickly noticed that some of the backing vocal parts were missing on the first chorus. Needless to say, I was a little surprised and felt it a little odd. The song went on and I noticed that some of Lindsey's guitar wasn't there either.
Then the bridge came after the second verse...... and I noticed that Stevie's backing track where she says Hours and hours of waiting.... while she sings She remembers how good it can be.... was also missing. Little did I know that my dismay had only begun. When the chorus kicked back in to take the song out..... Lindsey's lead guitar was just not there AT ALL It was completely MIA Not even a faint sign of it in the background. I just had to listen to it again and when I did, I noticed that it seems like Lindsey isn't there at all Is it possible that they just forgot to add the overdubs to this one song when they pressed this run of albums? Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my copy that is like this. I am truly baffled. Help me if you can.... email me at.... souldrifter74@yahoo.com

Eric
Old 06-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by souldrifter74 View Post
Hi fellow Mac fans I am greatly puzzled. I recently got back into vinyl because I missed my records, especially my Mac ones. I got an old stereo with a BSR changer complete with those old huge speakers and i soon remembered why i missed my records as soon as I put the Mirage album on.
After getting through side 1, I flipped it over to side 2 and rocked out to Lindsey's 'Empire State' (always one of my favs being that i live in NY). That song ended and 'Straight Back' came on (personally my favorite Stevie song on this collection). I very quickly noticed that some of the backing vocal parts were missing on the first chorus. Needless to say, I was a little surprised and felt it a little odd. The song went on and I noticed that some of Lindsey's guitar wasn't there either.
Then the bridge came after the second verse...... and I noticed that Stevie's backing track where she says Hours and hours of waiting.... while she sings She remembers how good it can be.... was also missing. Little did I know that my dismay had only begun. When the chorus kicked back in to take the song out..... Lindsey's lead guitar was just not there AT ALL It was completely MIA Not even a faint sign of it in the background. I just had to listen to it again and when I did, I noticed that it seems like Lindsey isn't there at all Is it possible that they just forgot to add the overdubs to this one song when they pressed this run of albums?
No, all the albums were manufactured with that mix.

moviekinks.blogspot.com