The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:16 PM

I love the Mirage cover. All 3 look amazing on it.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't know what Lindsey is on the Myers-Briggs scale and wasn't really addressing that. Don't know how he'd answer the test questions.
no idea but i'd imagine he's taken all these different tests... the man talks about Rorschach inkblots when discussing the meaning of his songs.

one thing i'd be willing to bet on is that he comes out as highly dominant if using DISC:

High "D" people = demanding, forceful, egocentric, strong willed, driving, determined, ambitious, aggressive, and pioneering.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
....and we have a winner! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
LOL!! You are my everything sometimes!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

seeing this talk putting together lindsey, balls, and ballet outfits i keep waiting for someone else to jump in but nothing's happening
Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
seeing this talk putting together lindsey, balls, and ballet outfits i keep waiting for someone else to jump in but nothing's happening
I know! It's certainly a spicy topic!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tutu works better.

Michele
Old 04-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know! It's certainly a spicy topic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Tutu works better.
well, since that would be Tusk-era, Lindsey in - or out - of anything would be extremely hot. those roomy tusk suits were actually hiding too much of him. luckily we can still see some of those purple shirt / tight jeans Tusk-recording clips.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to change the topic too radically (because who doesn't like to discuss Lindsey in ballet tights?? ) but did anyone else pick up on Ken's assessment of Stevie back then? He says a few times how sweet and funny she used to be and how she would radically change after Rumours. He also says that she quickly became "friends" with people who would handle her affairs for her and she would soon become completely unavailable and unreachable. I get the last part, she enters the realm of superstardom and now has handlers who deal with her day-to-day affairs and appointments, but the first part about how she used to be so great and then implying that now she's not, or, back then after Rumours she completely changed is kind of sad to read. Fame really gets its grip on you I guess, not to mention the drugging and drinking.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Not to change the topic too radically (because who doesn't like to discuss Lindsey in ballet tights?? ) but did anyone else pick up on Ken's assessment of Stevie back then? He says a few times how sweet and funny she used to be and how she would radically change after Rumours. He also says that she quickly became "friends" with people who would handle her affairs for her and she would soon become completely unavailable and unreachable. I get the last part, she enters the realm of superstardom and now has handlers who deal with her day-to-day affairs and appointments, but the first part about how she used to be so great and then implying that now she's not, or, back then after Rumours she completely changed is kind of sad to read. Fame really gets its grip on you I guess, not to mention the drugging and drinking.
i don't know. while some of this might make sense (fame + drugs definitely amount to a brutal combination), what clearly comes through in the book is that Ken seems to be awfully pi**ed at all the macsters these days. he's been consistently complaining how they cut him out of their current lives.

so i tend to enjoy and believe many tidbits and facts he lists but his characterizations of what *he* thinks of mac members as people i would take with a huge grain of salt.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I went to the book signing here in Los Angeles. There was a Q and A. I asked him what it was like producing Tusk and Mirage compared to Rumours.

Part of his response was that Stevie would often threaten to quit when she didn't get her way adding more to the drama. He also commented on how the waste of money on luxury was sickening.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure that's true to an extent, but no one is just one way all the time. There are still just as many people who are close - or know Stevie now - that say she's a sweet, caring, funny person. And none of those people had to say that. I believe they are being genuine. Maybe there's a reason she wasn't sweet & funny to Ken after Rumours...

Waddy described Stevie as "innocent" in the BN days. She hadn't learned about the harsh realities of the business side of music. Fame & money attracts leeches and the realization that you can't trust even the people you were once close to makes a person more cynical and skeptical. If you are signing people's paychecks then you are always aware of why they are there, regardless of how much they say they care or like or love you.

I'll have to read his book for myself, but these comments so far make it sound like he's grinding an axe a little.

Last edited by CADreaming; 04-30-2012 at 10:45 AM..
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I went to the book signing here in Los Angeles. There was a Q and A. I asked him what it was like producing Tusk and Mirage compared to Rumours.

Part of his response was that Stevie would often threaten to quit when she didn't get her way adding more to the drama.
Wow, that's the first I've heard of this! You always hear from Stevie that she was the peacemaker and always the one trying to hold FM together throughout the drama. This tells quite a different story. But then again, she threatened to quit when Silver Springs didn't make it on Rumours so maybe she was always a bit of a drama queen, fame or no fame!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll have to read his book for myself, but these comments so far make it sound like he's grinding an axe a little.
I don't know if he's grinding an axe so much as just not holding back on his critical opinions. In other words, I don't necessarily think he's trying to be vindictive, he's just not mincing words and not censoring himself in any way (even about his paramours-which really, who cares?). And I really think he never really liked Lindsey. He doesn't have much good to say about him and talks about how annoying he is to this day.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I don't know if he's grinding an axe so much as just not holding back on his critical opinions. In other words, I don't necessarily think he's trying to be vindictive, he's just not mincing words and not censoring himself in any way (even about his paramours-which really, who cares?). And I really think he never really liked Lindsey. He doesn't have much good to say about him and talks about how annoying he is to this day.
He mentioned to me as I was passing that Lindsey was very fond of Christine and liked her very much despite what you read in SYW interviews regarding her departure. But yeah I agree with your accessment regarding Ken. He's just not really holding back...
Old 04-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not to change the topic too radically (because who doesn't like to discuss Lindsey in ballet tights?? ) but did anyone else pick up on Ken's assessment of Stevie back then? He says a few times how sweet and funny she used to be and how she would radically change after Rumours. He also says that she quickly became "friends" with people who would handle her affairs for her and she would soon become completely unavailable and unreachable.
It seems that it would be obvious that Stevie would become more inaccessible & protected by her inner circle, assistants etc., after the stratosphere success of Rumours! She became a hot commodity, everyone wanted a piece of her whether professional or personal. Ken's assessment of Stevie's demeanor comes across radically & personally over sensitive. There are many accounts of Stevie being very generous during the height of her fame with FM & her solo career, to the point of being taken advantage of.

Quote:

Part of his response was that Stevie would often threaten to quit when she didn't get her way adding more to the drama. He also commented on how the waste of money on luxury was sickening.
Its well documented that Stevie threatened to quit in disgust when she found out the boys (Mick, John & Lindsey) decided to title the album "Tusk"! Big deal! Obviously she was being dramatic and trying to get her point of view across anyway she could, that's her right of being 1/5 of a supposed democracy in this band When we all know they treated Stevie as little sister until she finally wielded her power in the band after Bella Donna became a 3 million selling record in 1981/82. And as far as the waste of money on luxury being sickening to Ken!? That's funny, because he sure reaped the rewards of that luxury & I'm sure he was enjoying it along with the rest of the band while it was happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know. while some of this might make sense (fame + drugs definitely amount to a brutal combination), what clearly comes through in the book is that Ken seems to be awfully pi**ed at all the macsters these days. he's been consistently complaining how they cut him out of their current lives.
Again, I think Ken is being a little over sensitive & is showing his thin skin. He hasn't worked with the band professionally in 30 years! 30 flippin years! In the meantime, after "Mirage" the band splintered into several different directions and "Mirage" was the beginning of each band member having their own manager & representation. Fleetwood Mac was no longer functioning the same as they had from 75' thru 80'. There was a complete sea change during and after "Mirage"!

Last edited by Christopher; 04-30-2012 at 11:24 AM..