User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Stevie has longed for years to cover Peter and do Black Magic Woman. She was like I totally need to bastardize someone else in this bands lyrics now that Chris is back to singing Dont Stop. Mean jerk Lindsey wouldn’t let her do BMW. Oh wait, she didn’t even realize it was a Fleetwood Mac song.
EXACTLY, she openly admitted that she only recalled the Santana cover.

Sure, she’s carrying the torch for a blues leaning FM set. Riiiight. Hilarious.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But, if the question was whatÂ’s the difference between Stevie promoting an album in 2012 and Lindsey promoting an album in 2018, she could say that and a lot of people would sympathize with that.
Whatever.
I guess it was really her band during the Lindsey years because her albums charted at #6 and #7 and she can get a concert audience over 10,000. Hence, she gave the final nod of the head on touring timing and schedules.

If we're not talking about an answer for Stevie to give to a journalist, it really wasn't just for Mick & Stevie to deny Lindsey the opportunity to tour before or during a 2018 Mac tour. Besides, it was a jukebox Mac tour in 2018/19; no new music and still warhorse heavy. They only did 6 backwall FM songs throughout the entire tour and they didn't last that long in the set either. Stevie was on 3 of those 6 songs, and BMW had hardly any singing. But lovely ah,ah,ah,ahs!

Just because Lindsey didn't have top ten albums or concerts at the Chevrolet Centre doesn't mean his career was a failure. People show up at his concerts. Doesn't matter if it's 900 people. If people enjoy the music and connect with the music, it's wonderful.
Neale said to me in 2011 that he told Lindsey "The people that come to see you, are there to see you. They're not there for a night out." Stevie didn't write a song attached to a movie that is extremely well known; Lindsey did. It's got a great tune to hum to. Neale also said Lindsey doesn't like performing the song.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Functioning band? Stevie just said nobody has talked to her in months.
Functioning = they can read a setlist, perform songs that 2 of the guys had no hand in writing, make the songs sound like the recorded version, indulge Stevie for an instrumental clash so she can "dance" as the Gold Dust Woman, then call it a night!
Old 10-16-2020, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Functioning = they can read a setlist, perform songs that 2 of the guys had no hand in writing, make the songs sound like the recorded version, indulge Stevie for an instrumental clash so she can "dance" as the Gold Dust Woman, then call it a night!
HAHAHAHA the whole thing is such bunk, especially the “set lists have been the same for 20 years because of Lindsey - now we can finally do station man!” Argument that people try to float.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lol you’re right, I was giving mick too much credit. They have enough warm bodies on stage to cover some songs. That’s all he really meant.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I LOVE how you somehow can still quote bullish*t quotes from mick or Stevie as if it’s actual fact, as if you take it as complete truth.
I think it’s hilarious that anyone is still debating what Mick was talking about to Rolling Stone in August, 2017. It was obvious to me he meant, pre-1975 material, and low and behold, they played Black Magic Woman, Tell Me All The Things You Do, Oh Well, Hypnotized, and, later, Man Of The World. And, they even did later songs like All Over Again and Isn’t It Midnight. Mick said that’s what they were going to do in August, 2017 and that’s exactly what they did. Where’s the bull****?

Quote:
Doing things we haven’t done in years does not automatically equate to pre-75 fm material.
But the fact he mentioned Buckingham Nicks and Christine playing blues was a pretty good clue. It turns out that’s exactly what he meant. They actually did that.

Quote:
She could of been referring to Crystal or Blue Letter or When I See You Again. Clearly that quote illustrates Christine wanted to do some older blues stuff but to try and say it was Stevie? Gimme a break.
The only actual blues song in the set was Black Magic Woman, which Stevie sang.

Funny how Fleetwood Mac is simultaneously blasted around here as being nothing more than a glorified backup band for Stevie, that Fleetwood Mac is now just the Stevie show, yet nobody wants to believe that Stevie was also responsible for the early and later era songs in the setlist. Nevermind the fact that the formula Fleetwood Mac used in 2018-19 was the same formula Stevie used in 2017.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dude I’m done arguing about this.
Right...having Lindsey and a large chunk of his material now out of the band and set list HAD NOTHING to do with their sudden love fest of pre-75 material which half of it was cut out and replaced anyways.

This is big news, you must be the first ledgie to have access to tour rehearsals since you’re so definite in this being due to Stevie Nicks.

My guess is, her biggest contribution to the set list was the addition of gypsy and the Tom petty tribute. Again, she didn’t even know Black Magic Woman was a Fleetwood Mac song...but sure, she’s carrying that pre-75 torch LOLOLOL

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-16-2020 at 08:13 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And record a new song...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And, they even did later songs like All Over Again and Isn’t It Midnight.

Funny how Fleetwood Mac is simultaneously blasted around here as being nothing more than a glorified backup band for Stevie, that Fleetwood Mac is now just the Stevie show, yet nobody wants to believe that Stevie was also responsible for the early and later era songs in the setlist.
In 2014/15, they did Little Lies, Over My Head, Think About Me, Seven Wonders, and Bleed to Love Her - those are gems. Those Chris songs hadn't been played in forever just like Isn't it Midnight.

Stevie is responsible for Midnight, All Over Again, and Hold Me being played in 2019/19? Was Chris not able to choose which songs she wanted to perform?

Stevie brought nothing new from her songbook to the 2018/19 set. Storms was well played in 2009.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And record a new song...
That is not a Fleetwood Mac song. Mick and John are not on it. That song is equivalent to "That's What Friends Are For." It's a guest feature; it's Neil's song.

You have no precedent to use for a Neil/Mike FM sound because Fleetwood and Mac aren't on Find Your Way.

You'd need Mick and John with Mike and Neil on a new composition to call it Fleetwood Mac.

Are Soldier's Angel and I Miss You a Fleetwood Mac song?
Old 10-16-2020, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dude I’m done arguing about this.
Right...having Lindsey and a large chunk of his material now out of the band and set list HAD NOTHING to do with their sudden love fest of pre-75 material which half of it was cut out and replaced anyways.
Again, it’s exactly what Mick said he and Stevie wanted to do for that tour in August, 2017. It could have worked with the Rumours band, too.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And record a new song...
The new Fleetwood Mac Lite never recorded a new song. What are you even referring to?
Old 10-16-2020, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, it’s exactly what Mick said he and Stevie wanted to do for that tour in August, 2017. It could have worked with the Rumours band, too.
But it’s actually not. Stevie was vague about doing stuff that had been forgotten or not done in years. There’s tons of stuff from 75 onward that could fall into those categories. Yes, Christine had expressed interest in some of the earlier material. You’re trying to say that quote implies that Christine, mick, and Stevie were all pushing for pre 75 material. That quote in no way clearly states that. It doesn’t specify what Stevie is referring to.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is not a Fleetwood Mac song. Mick and John are not on it. That song is equivalent to "That's What Friends Are For." It's a guest feature; it's Neil's song.

You have no precedent to use for a Neil/Mike FM sound because Fleetwood and Mac aren't on Find Your Way.

You'd need Mick and John with Mike and Neil on a new composition to call it Fleetwood Mac.

Are Soldier's Angel and I Miss You a Fleetwood Mac song?
Didn’t say that was a Fleetwood Mac song. My point was “functioning band.” Stevie was agreeable to recording with Neil Finn, who was the only one she hadn’t recorded with before. She couldn’t be clearer that it wasn’t happening again with Lindsey after EP.

ETA: I put it in the same almost Mac category as Sentimental Lady, Can’t Help Falling In Love, It Ain’t Over, Roll With Me Henry, Twisted, Jeremy Spencer’s first solo album, and LBCM.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 10-16-2020 at 08:28 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The new Fleetwood Mac Lite never recorded a new song. What are you even referring to?
He must mean the charity song "Find Your Way Home' by Neil Finn ..it features Stevie and Christine croaking along . A real stretch to call it Fleetwood Mac though.