User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
I'd say it's Stevie herself who got sick of it, from the videos I watched she's going through the motions with the song. She didn't even write it, so I'd say she is just bored with it.
But she seemed to really like linking it to American Horror Story. Michele
Old 04-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But she seemed to really like linking it to American Horror Story. Michele
I'm sad that is gone. I was going to shout COVEN!!! before the song started and record her saying "American Horror Story", my favorite TV show.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mixed feelings about Seven Wonders. It was for the most part, written by Sandy Stewart.
So that alone can make it a contender for one of the first to go on this tour.
It also has always been considered one of the worst studio vocal performances by Stevie Nicks on a Fleetwood Mac album. I know people love it, but it's not even close to an "essential" Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks song.
The arrangement on this tour sounded great but I sort of see it as a bathroom/drink break opportunity; and on this tour no song should qualify for that.

I wince when I hear it on Tango In The Night. (But I wince when I hear every Stevie Nicks song on that album). I guess for me, it's just not up to the standards of the rest of the set list -- a disposable Fleetwood Mac track, if there can be one.

The bigger mystery for me is why they cut Sara from this year's tour. Last year it was about as perfect as it's been since 1979. I loved the new arrangement and the weaving of vocals from Lindsey at the end. I think it was triumphant and I won't be surprised if it finds it's way back in the set list on the next leg overseas.

I'm not sure that the solo piano is the issue with Songbird. From a few youtube videos I heard, it sounded like Chris was really struggling with her voice at points with this song. Maybe they felt it was better to end on more of an up/energetic note.

I would vote for the return of Sara and Sad Angel. Seven Wonders can be put to bed for good as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by dontlookdown; 04-03-2015 at 05:07 PM..
Old 04-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Sevenwonders and glad to hear it live months ago.Songbird is OK.

I'm still shock that Hold Me did not make the setlist.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think Christine's dropping of Songbird has to do with her hand.

Maybe Seven Wonders was dropped because Stevie is trying to preserve her voice a bit. It must be really tough to sing night after night the way she is doing and not risk some decline in energy, etc. Her soar throat issue has happened on several of the band's big tours before. So maybe she's using a tad of prevention as medicine, scaling back a wee bit.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing some of the vocals dropped in favor of instrumental extensions on the songs, a little bit of jamming and some inspired set-piece solos maybe? I wish.

More likely Stevie is saving her voice.

Its still a mystery to me about what happen to Chris's hand.

They always can play a medley of tunes.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't miss 7W as a song, but when something happens that brings them to the attention of a new audience like American Horror Story or the pony moonwalking commercial, I think they should capitalize on it.

That's why I'm eager for Everywhere to get to the UK.

Michele
Old 04-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
It also has always been considered one of the worst studio vocal performances by Stevie Nicks on a Fleetwood Mac album.
By whom?? Lindsey wouldn't even let her rerecord the vocal when she realized she sang the wrong words because he thought that vocal take was so great.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
By whom?? Lindsey wouldn't even let her rerecord the vocal when she realized she sang the wrong words because he thought that vocal take was so great.
By me, for example . I hated it from the day TITN came out and that has never changed. I'm actually glad it is no longer on the setlist, even Stevie reading from a telephone book would please me more.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A shame about Seven Wonders getting dropped. AHS made it popular again. On YouTube, I think the music video has more views than any other FM video since AHS. Go figure. I also liked it back on the Shake The Cage Tour.

Anyway. If she's bored with it, why drop it and not put something else in its place? Say You Will would be fun, especially with Christine adding something to it too. Even Sad Angel would be nice to hear again.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mixed feelings about Seven Wonders. It was for the most part, written by Sandy Stewart.
So that alone can make it a contender for one of the first to go on this tour.
It also has always been considered one of the worst studio vocal performances by Stevie Nicks on a Fleetwood Mac album. I know people love it, but it's not even close to an "essential" Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks song.
The arrangement on this tour sounded great but I sort of see it as a bathroom/drink break opportunity; and on this tour no song should qualify for that.

I wince when I hear it on Tango In The Night. (But I wince when I hear every Stevie Nicks song on that album). I guess for me, it's just not up to the standards of the rest of the set list -- a disposable Fleetwood Mac track, if there can be one.

The bigger mystery for me is why they cut Sara from this year's tour. Last year it was about as perfect as it's been since 1979. I loved the new arrangement and the weaving of vocals from Lindsey at the end. I think it was triumphant and I won't be surprised if it finds it's way back in the set list on the next leg overseas.

I'm not sure that the solo piano is the issue with Songbird. From a few youtube videos I heard, it sounded like Chris was really struggling with her voice at points with this song. Maybe they felt it was better to end on more of an up/energetic note.

I would vote for the return of Sara and Sad Angel. Seven Wonders can be put to bed for good as far as I'm concerned.
I enjoyed those two selections on the 2013 tour. Would also like to hear Ms. Fantasy live at some point in the future.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It also has always been considered one of the worst studio vocal performances by Stevie Nicks on a Fleetwood Mac album.
-- a disposable Fleetwood Mac track, if there can be one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
By me, for example . I hated it from the day TITN came out and that has never changed. I'm actually glad it is no longer on the setlist, even Stevie reading from a telephone book would please me more.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion...

...but you are wrong, Seven Wonders is absolutely brilliant
Old 04-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
I agree that it's one of the worst (embarrassingly so) vocal performances of SN on a FM album. She's had some pretty bad ones (Rock A little album) on her own, but this is her at her worst vocal excess phase.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never heard she sang the wrong words on Seven Wonders. Does anyone know this story? Is this why she sounds marbled mouthed on some parts?
Old 04-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since Tango In The Night, Stevie's voice has improved markedly on all of her albums and Fleetwood Mac's.
I've even noticed great leaps between Trouble In Shangri La and In Your Dreams. And also from In Your Dreams to 24k Gold.
So much more depth, character and control.
It's shocking to go back to Rock a Little and TITN now.
She really re-launched her career by taking care of her voice.
Now we need to get Lindsey to work on his.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anybody heard if Chris is playing Songbird again yet?