Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What's your favourite Stevie quotes?

Fun to know! I love everything she says 'cause she got a great sense of humour but here are my favourites (they are in different colors so you know):

"If you can't rock'n'roll, you're old!" -

"I was not going to be a stupid girl singer. I was going to be way more than that."
"By the time I was five, I was a little diva."

"I came here for a reason. I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady. I came here to be a poet!"

"I'm behind the time but in my own fashion world."

It's like somewhere between my Texas accent and my Utah accent and my L.A accent and my San Francisco accent and my ENGLISH accent. It's like people would, you know, wonder where I was from, but when I was with them I was very english. So you take on that sort of english thing, you know, where you are "Very proper" (imitating the english accent) and everything is absolutley, you know, it's either perfect or it's not and that's how, you know, that's how you talk. I mean it's just, you know, "John I ring you up when I get home!" (imitating Christine's english accent). It's like you get that with my other funny accent's that I had to thrown in it's like, I sang ridicculous. People would say "I wonder where she's from? Maybe Mars?"

Stevie: "I'm a rock'n'roll singer! I'm NOT a model, I'm NOT an actress. I would never, ever, ever, EVER, EVER be able to model for Vogue...However (laughing)"

Interviewer: "Why not?"

Stevie: "Because I'm only 5 ft 1 inches tall! And because you know what? I don't care about being pretty that much. What I wanna do is, I wanna sing to you!"

Talking about when Fleetwood Mac would performe in the Bill Clinton inauguration 1993.

"We we're not going to miss performing for the president of United States, so pack up your tranquilizers we're going to Washington DC!"

I keep thinking that one of these days somebody's just gonna grab and hold in my skirt and pull me right off the stage and nobody ever does that, Nobody ever, ever, EVER tries to hurt me. And I think they know, first of all, that I'm a whole lot tougher that they think and that the platform boots that I wear would not be comfortable in their face and the tambourine that I'm usually carrying would not be comfortable around their neck. So they have a respect for my ability to fight for myself"

"Mick made a call on new years eve and the next day we met them and the next day we had dinner and the next day we went into rehersal and rehears for three wes and the next day we were in rehersal for recording the album and two weeks later we were recording and six months later we were famous"

Interviewer: "What do you think about Mick's book?"

Stevie: "I didn't read it...I lived it...I was there...If I read it, I would go through with a BIG read marking pensil, like a teacher, which is what I was trying to be, and I would be putting question marks (laughing and does a question mark in the air) and scratching out things and putting big LIE (writes a big lie in the air) and you know, circleing things "Could've been written better". It's like, that's the way I am when it comes to writing."

So, you're next, what's your favourites???