User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yep.... about an hour after posting my question here the email showed up.

630 show time for the M&G, please refrain from drinking any alcohol before showing up.
Earliest M&G so far were San Diego at 5 (that we almost missed), and Sands will also be at 5. 6:30 is kinda late under Lindsey's standards.

See you in NH.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2018, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
ha! wonder if word got back that we'd been commenting on that little bit of his jacket lining we noticed earlier.
This tweet made me feel much better about my own jacket lining showing awkwardly in my m&g photo.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

This show was perfection. I only wish I could have gone to more than one. THIS is where the "fresh energy" is...not at the FM shows as reviewers would have you believe. I love re-invigorated Lindsey!! Admire him so much for crushing it so hard in spite of (or because of) the painful experiences of the past year. Here's to a great new start. I hope he draws strength and healing from seeing all the love and support for him on this tour.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2018, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazing night in NYC. During the M&G--he was beyond gracious and so thankful for the fans who were there (and those who had traveled and seen him along the way) I wish I could have said more in the brief moments I met him, but my shyness kicked in and all I could muster was "I am so thrilled to meet you, and thank you for doing this"
The show---his graciousness was apparent from the moment he hit the stage. The joy this group had in playing together was clear from the first note played.
Tusk--sounded better last night that it does with the "full Mac" backing it up.
Soul Drifter--my personal favorite was touching. Knowing he had dedicated Shut us Down to Stevie earlier in the tour made me listen even closer, and it choked me up.
GYOW was awesome. Again, no need for the Full Mac Backing, and in seeing the videos from the recent tour--a candle cannot be held to LB's rendition of it.
Someone was shouting for Countdown so much that Lindsey took a brief pause between songs, called the gentleman "The Countdown Dude" Acknowledged he was asking for it because he cared, and promised to include it in the next tour as
the guys hadn't rehearsed it.
He mentioned they may extend this tour, and said new music and a tour behind it next year, although timing behind it TBD.

His energy and joy were palpable, his talent is indisputable (he should do an acoustic tour)and his replacements are no where in his league in any regard.

Go see this man!!
Old 12-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopingtofly View Post
This show was perfection. I only wish I could have gone to more than one. THIS is where the "fresh energy" is...not at the FM shows as reviewers would have you believe. I love re-invigorated Lindsey!!
As apparently one of the very few people on this board who saw both LB and FM this year, I can easily say that both gave incredible performances! I guess I got the best of both worlds.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Someone was shouting for Countdown so much that Lindsey took a brief pause between songs, called the gentleman "The Countdown Dude" Acknowledged he was asking for it because he cared, and promised to include it in the next tour as
the guys hadn't rehearsed it.
He mentioned they may extend this tour, and said new music and a tour behind it next year, although timing behind it TBD.
YES!!!! That is absolutely awesome he acknowledged the guy in the audience. Countdown is my favorite LB song. And that's great he may extend his current tour. I will definitely see him on his next tour.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://gr8erdays.com/2018/12/05/lind...-way-a-review/

Review by Gr8er Days with a nice kicker.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
http://gr8erdays.com/2018/12/05/lind...-way-a-review/

Review by Gr8er Days with a nice kicker.
thank you! pasting the whole thing for posterity.

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM GOES HIS OWN WAY: A REVIEW

Lindsey Buckingham Goes His Own Way: A Review

My friend Mike invited me — spur-of-the-moment — to go with him to the Lindsey Buckingham Solo Anthology North American Tour 2018 at Town Hall in NYC last night. The tickets, including a VIP meet-and-greet pass, were free, and I have always had a soft spot for Buckingham, now 69.

Buckingham, from the heart (Image by Mike Summers)

It wasn't until I got to the venue that it dawned on me my appreciation for Buckingham and, to the extent I have it, Fleetwood Mac, had come from my high school friend Jeff, a sort of neo-hippie with a dark streak who love Buckingham's angry diction and raging guitar licks, as well as his mellower side, usually brought out when spiked with Stevie Nicks (b. 1948) and Christine McVie (b. 1943).

Here I am (L) with Jeff (R). We thought this fake-kissing-in-the-mirror pic was radical. (Image by Matthew Rettenmund)

I got a little emotional thinking about the fact that Jeff died years ago (and I didn't find out for years after the fact), and yet here was Lindsey Buckingham, freshly severed from Fleetwood Mac, moving onward and upward. And here was I, fretting about my finances, my choices in life, my upcoming birthday, and not pausing to think, "But I'm alive."

Buckingham's show — following a completely charming set by the gifted J.S. Ondara — was very much about "but I'm alive," an optimistic celebration of his past that served as a confidently proud assertion of legacy, and of direction.

Old Bucks (Image via Matthew Rettenmund)

He was on a major charm offensive all night, having first been so sweet during his meet-and-greets, warmly taking what fans had to offer (including a kiss on the neck from one) and giving it back. I told him I'd never seen him perform live and he said, "I hope I don't disappoint." (By the way, the disclaimer for the meet-and-greet warned us to not arrive smelling of alcohol, but then it was held in the venue's bar — go figure. He didn't seem fazed by that, but did helpfully inform the young, young, young photographer that a direct overhead light never helped anyone.)

Onstage, he radiated humility, stopping the show several times to thank us for supporting him, and to refer to his post-Mac phase as "a new beginning." He appeared to be overcome at times, especially when singing the newly meaningful "Never Going Back Again" (1977).

I knew I was a shallow fan— I didn't pretend to be as big a booster as the much younger girl and guy we spoke to, one of whom could barely string words together out of excitement and the other of whom said she wished she'd been alive in the '80s to experience Fleetwood Mac's comeback then. "I wish I'd been alive in the '90s!" I didn't chirp back, but should've.

Truthfully, going into the spontaneous evening, I was so potentially detached I thought I might leave after hearing "Trouble" (1981; a slice of pop perfection), or "Holiday Road" (1983; done with hilarious dog barks and ending with a simulated orgasm) or "Go Insane" (1984; performed true to the single's arrangement), but as they appeared, intertwined with Fleetwood Mac classics and a few songs I hadn't heard, I realized more and more I had no interest in going.

Buckingham even surprised me to death by performing "Slow Dancing" (1984), my #1 hoped-for, likely-wouldn't-be-sung tune of the night, and it was glorious. Buckingham fizz.

Throughout, his virtuosic guitar skills (as well as top-notch support from his rockin' band) dazzled, building to a crescendo by the end that left me clueless as to how, after all these years, those fingers are so nimble. It was as physically impressive a feat as watching an Olympian in action.

And believe me, all of this works even 30, 40 years after he was that big-haired, eyelinered, pouty snack who looked good in music videos while still delivering live.

It was an inspiring evening of music and a testament to getting on with the hand you've been dealt. Judging by how powerful he was up there as a solo act, the night's four-word review could've been, "Honestly, f*ck Stevie Nicks."

Full set list:

"Instrumental" (2018)

"Don't Look Down" (1992)

"Go Insane" (1984)

"Surrender the Rain" (1992)

"Not Too Late" (2006)

"Doing What I Can" (1992)

"Trouble" (1981)

"I Must Go" (1984)

"Street of Dreams" (1992)

"Shut Us Down" (2005)

"Never Going Back Again" (1977)

"Big Love" (1987)

"In Our Own Time" (2011)

"Slow Dancing" (1984)

"Soul Drifter" (1992)

"Holiday Road" (1983)

"Tusk" (1979)

"I'm So Afraid" (1975)

"Go Your Own Way" (1977)

"Turn It On" (1992)

"Down on Rodeo" (2006)

"Treason" (2008)

Old 12-05-2018, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Amazing night in NYC. During the M&G--he was beyond gracious and so thankful for the fans who were there (and those who had traveled and seen him along the way) I wish I could have said more in the brief moments I met him, but my shyness kicked in and all I could muster was "I am so thrilled to meet you, and thank you for doing this"
Thanks for your great review!
Old 12-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lots of great photos on that article link.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:06 PM
button-lip
This message has been deleted by button-lip.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:01 AM
button-lip
Old 12-16-2018, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Not Too Late

I Must Go

Much better than the original studio versions. I never much cared for either song but I like these versions, particularly the band arrangement of "Not Too Late" (a big improvement). Thanks.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:45 PM
button-lip