Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Behind the Mask.
Lindsey did play on that album Just joking.

But I see what you're saying
Old 12-07-2021, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
while you obviously accepted (as she wanted FM fans to) that it is SN's band now, LB apparently has not, and he's fighting back. i don't think Mick has, either.

you are telling him he should accept it.

however, as you know, i personally and selfishly don't want him to go back. because i like creativity, new music, small venues, fast moving shows and not having to go bankrupt in order to see my favorite musician live.

but i get it why he's trying to set the record straight.
This last sh*t show tour is the first one I've EVER missed. I have accepted that it's Old I'm Not The Boss's band now. Notice it was my first tour ever missed? F*CK $tevie Nicks.

He can and should call her out for the POS she's become. But(again), to want to go back is pathetic.

I hate it when my underground bands "make it". I love seeing them with 300 people in a club.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Offering you the generosity of an explanation of A) which means you're financially stable so it doesn't matter if you don't make money on the album because people don't buy the album.
They’re not my words. I’d assume that’s what she meant.

Quote:
Her last solo tour of 5 years ago had more hits in it than any of her previous tours. The In Your Dreams Tour was her most ambitious setlist.

The 2018-2019 FM tour featured the least amount of Stevie's songs in recent years. Most of the 2018-2019 Tour setlist was the same as SYW-OWTS Tour. And with the addition of classic rock radio songs Hypnotized, Man of the World, and Tell Me All the Things- it was certainly a Greatest Hits Tour, even if songs weren't singles (Monday Morning, GDW, World Turning...they're hits)
She/they also did obscure stuff, like “Crying In The Night” and “All Over Again” (from easily the most obscure Fleetwood Mac album ever). Then again, the 2018 shows I saw were earlier in the tour.

Quote:
How do you like Stolen Car by Elton?
I’m not an Elton John fan to begin with. The last thing she was on that I listened to was the song with Neil Finn. Furthermore, I’ve only listened to three of Lindsey’s new songs.

This thread is kind of hilarious to me. That it’s still a conversation is kind of pathetic, starting with Lindsey.

I mean, sure, she stalled as a singer and songwriter, but he stalled as a producer and songwriter. His sped up acoustic guitar, simple bass, sparse drums, extraneous percussion, comically distorted guitar solos, Fairlight backing vocals, and introspective psychobabble lyrics do as much for me as her nasally monotone vocals. Both have been in a creative state of arrested development since the mid-80s if we’re being honest.

1981 Lindsey Buckingham would want to choke the crap out of 2021 Lindsey Buckingham. Dredging up four year old drama, picking fights in the press, and name dropping. He’s become every bit the caricature of his former self as has Stevie.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2021, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
1981 Lindsey Buckingham would want to choke the crap out of 2021 Lindsey Buckingham. Dredging up four year old drama, picking fights in the press, and name dropping. He’s become every bit the caricature of his former self as has Stevie.
I've said this since the beginning. Tusk Lindsey would've told them to kiss his ass, and never looked back. He looks desperate now. Not a good look.

How many millions do you have, Lindsey? Good god, don't go back with your tail between your legs. Be Johnny Cash, and have your middle finger up for every pic taken of you. "That's for you, $tevie!"
Old 12-07-2021, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She/they also did obscure stuff, like “Crying In The Night” and “All Over Again” (from easily the most obscure Fleetwood Mac album ever). Then again, the 2018 shows I saw were earlier in the tour.
I definitely had fun at the 2016 Stevie shows I went to. Crying in the Night was such a short performance. I think under 3 minutes! The novelty of that tour for me was the stage production. It was stunning.

But for In Your Dreams tour, she did 7 songs from IYD and 3 from Trouble in Shangri-La so a lot of new/recent material.

Yes, All Over Again they played at the shows I went to as the final song. I wished they would've done Hollywood or Nights in Estoril rather than a depressing ballad from Time. I wanted more Stevie songs like Beautiful Child, Crystal, Sisters of the Moon, or Destiny Rules. But Stevie did the 5 usuals (Dreams, Landslide, Rhiannon, Gypsy, Gold Dust) and covered other people's songs.

Quote:
I mean, sure, she stalled as a singer and songwriter, but he stalled as a producer and songwriter. His sped up acoustic guitar, simple bass, sparse drums, extraneous percussion, comically distorted guitar solos, Fairlight backing vocals, and introspective psychobabble lyrics do as much for me as her nasally monotone vocals. Both have been in a creative state of arrested development since the mid-80s if we’re being honest.
You don't like the Out of the Cradle album?
Old 12-07-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:

I just saw him in Los Angeles. To be fair the fake vocals were fantastic.
It's honestly the most non genius, non organic, non forward thing I've seen in a very long time.

He was afraid of 1977's Rumours vibe bleeding them into Tusk. Yet, from prior to BuckVie til now, he's doing the same arrangement on everything.

The Big Love version he's been doing since 1997 is so tired and over done, I can't imagine how he thinks he is doing anything creative. And the yelps aren't really unique anymore.

I love his new album. It's really a very lovely album. And I've been able to listen to it incessantly. There's not really anything new here, however. (Swan Song has finally a different beat) I won't get into the plagarized news of that.

Drop in and listen to Go Insane. Listen to DW Suite in headphones. ..if we go go go go go go go go insane sane sane sane sane sane, we can all al al go together ether ether ether ether ether.... Now there's a journey.

But live, these pieces feel like nearly the same arrangements. LB, guitar, and tons of backing tracks with the illusion that you're hearing everything played and sung. Again, I know he's been doing it for years. But, lord have mercy. You're in a theater. Have the band play, get a bass player, and sing like Stevie, (no matter how nasal or off key and horrible it sounds). I'm not paying to see you fake it. Do another Q and A at the grammy museum if that's what you want.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-07-2021 at 07:44 PM..
Old 12-07-2021, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

love how our threads just roll off the topic so effortlessly

the point of Lindsey's interview is pretty straightforward and we all know true:

Stevie Nicks prevented Fleetwood Mac releasing any new albums since SYW in 2013.

everyone else in that band wanted to release new music. just look at Mick's interviews hoping she will join them, back in 2013, and then both Mick and Christine's in 2014-15, even 2016. SN singlehandedly managed to prevent what every other band member wanted.

apparently there are a lot of people out there (not on this board) who don't like these facts being brought up, so they try to muddy the waters.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-07-2021, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've said this since the beginning. Tusk Lindsey would've told them to kiss his ass, and never looked back. "
on the other hand, Tusk Lindsey seemed to have been a drugged out and drunk out of his mind nasty human.

modern day Lindsey is a warm nice down to earth human being, still creating some good music and having tons of fun on stage.

i'm glad i never met Tusk Lindsey.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You don't like the Out of the Cradle album?
It’s okay. “Street of Dreams” is a masterpiece.

I’m not sure it was worth the five year wait. It definitely would have benefited from Mick and John. I’m not super impressed that he did most of the instrumentation himself. It makes it feel synthetic.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2021, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
on the other hand, Tusk Lindsey seemed to have been a drugged out and drunk out of his mind nasty human.

modern day Lindsey is a warm nice down to earth human being, still creating some good music and having tons of fun on stage.

i'm glad i never met Tusk Lindsey.
I can agree with that. I've never met him, but if I did, it would certainly want it to be now Lindsey.

Hey, I'll keep beating a dead goat...err, horse here, but it's still PATHETIC for him to want to go back. The MUSICAL LEADER is giving in to the diva. F*ck that! He should be embarrassed for even admitting that he wants to go back.
"Here are my testes, $tevie. They're yours now. Go ahead and stomp on them. By the way, I wore my Sunday dog collar for you to drag me around by. I'll be good, I promise"
Old 12-07-2021, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
But sometimes I also look at it like this: She had her ultra-prolific period in the late 70s/early 80s; his has been much more recent. In the end, the two of them will probably come out about even in the amount of material they created. It's just that their timing was way different.
But there is a significant difference. Much of Lindsey’s creativity from 1974-1980 was wrapped up in the arrangement and production of the band’s music, in being its architect. When Stevie wasn’t singing one of her songs or providing harmonies, she could go off and write and draw in her journal. He wrote and produced three of his solo albums between 1981-1992 and, in between, he fronted the band on several lucrative projects. Stevie had other people to take care of the production and musicianship on her records. After Say You Will, Lindsey’s output increased dramatically. And he’s still producing his own music. Meanwhile, Stevie appears to have gone fallow, not really nourishing any creative projects except those that allow her to raid her dwindling backlog of demos from decades earlier—all with a big lift from David Stewart. It’s an uneven comparison.

On the other hand, Stevie can rightfully note that, as a man, Lindsey could still pursue his music career and have a family. She could not. For her it was one or the other.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
He wrote and produced three of his solo albums between 1981-1992 and, in between, he fronted the band on several lucrative projects.
It took him five years to release OOTC after quitting Fleetwood Mac and then he went eleven years between OOTC and SYW without releasing a studio album. In that same eleven year period, Stevie released two solo albums and did three solo tours. The Dance was maybe a six month commitment.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2021, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Either she's a liar or something isn't working upstairs.
It can't be both??
Old 12-08-2021, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
It can't be both??
$he's at LEAST both.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 12-08-2021 at 11:03 AM..
Old 12-08-2021, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t see how that how dismisses the idea that Stevie doesn’t want to work with Lindsey in the studio anymore. I thought it was pretty obvious that Stevie wasn’t really happy with Say You Will…But something clearly happened there that turned Stevie off with wanting to record with Lindsey again.
Yeah absolutely. I think since Stevie did the firing, it’s natural for most of us to instantly make her out as the villain and when in that mode we can often forget that Lindsey can be totally difficult. Not sure if any of you saw the post from their former makeup artist a few months back where she talks about finding his behavior and treatment towards staff to be so appalling during her years on the road with FM that it made her entirely disillusioned with the whole celebrity world and became part of the reason why she left the field entirely. And this wasn’t crazy coked out Rumours Lindsey, this was like 1997. If he can turn off a random young makeup artist intensely enough to make her leave her career behind, imagine how much he can grate on the nerves of SN who is an ex of his with an already hostile relationship with him.

And I think we all know Stevie’s very difficult and controlling herself, and not always the most reasonable or sane. So I don’t think there’s heroes or villains here, just two people who don’t mix at all anymore. Reminds me of Twisted when she refers to both of them as demons. I think deep down they both know that neither is innocent in whatever their issues are. But one has far more fame and power so of course she “wins” their long running little war (if running Fleetwood Mac can be considered a “win”, sounds like hell on earth to me though lol).

So no I wasn’t surprised in the slightest that they never made new music together after SYW or that the two eventually broke up professionally. I honestly think the most surprising part of their story is how long they managed to keep it going. It’s insane that we got 7 albums, 9(ish) tours, and plenty of one-off collaborations between these two people who have had such deep issues for a solid 45 years or so.

While it makes sense to me that she won’t work with Lindsey, I do wonder if she will ever do anything besides solo material ever again. Doesn’t seem like she wants to make music now unless it’s just her and her people, in her house, under her control, with nobody to have to compromise with. I kind of doubt she’ll do anything with FM now, even sans Lindsey.