Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking 11-1 Pittsburgh

So the Pittsburgh show was really great tonight but beforehand I was at a local pizza place and somebody was playing all the best Fleetwood Mac songs and I almost started crying my eyes out. In that moment it really hit me that Lindsey is no longer in Fleetwood Mac.
My husband and I had 3rd row seats on Christine’s side and I have to say she looked so happy. The set list stayed the same but they switched up the order on a few songs. They displayed the city on the screen with the words ‘Stronger Than Hate’ a few times and before Landslide Stevie almost lost it talking about the shootings and how her mom told her she was on a mission to go out into the world and sing her songs and try to make people better. She dedicated the song to the city and we all cried.
It was so weird without Lindsey but there was also something freeing about it too. The band looked so happy. I kept looking for something all night but they really just looked ecstatic to be playing with each other.
Few notes: People were lost during Black Magic Woman, Tell Me All The Things You Do and Isn’t it Midnight! Lol, because the order got switched around I didn’t know if Isn’t It Midnight was gonna happen so I lost my mind when it did. I was the only one excited for that song! HA~
The crowd was insane they were as loud as when I saw Justin Timberlake in September. My in-laws were there and had a blast and said 'Lindsey Who?' at the end. I tried to explain that even though his guitar solos went on too long from time to time they wouldn’t still be relevant if it weren’t for him.
I'm so glad I went though it was really a kick ass show!

Last edited by kak125; 11-02-2018 at 12:26 PM..
Old 11-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Landslide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-asNyfX6Ns
Old 11-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Ahh thank you! I was looking for this video.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wdve local radio station review

We'll probably never see Fleetwood Mac again in Pittsburgh. They were great tonite at PPG Paints. Neil Finn & Mike Campbell do a tremendous job filling in for Lindsey Buckingham. And those are some BIG shoes to fill. We saw Lindsey in Homestead exactly 2 weeks ago, he & his band were super, jag-off that he is, but he was so much responsible for Fleetwood Mac becoming world-famous in the '70's. Tonite without Lindsey, the band didn't miss a beat, not to us anyway. Stevie can't hit the high notes anymore, she doesn't even try to, but she also just turned 70! Mick Fleetwood was ferocious on drums. Christine sounded fine. So did her ex-husband John on bass. Neil Finn did a special tribute to "the grieving families in Squirrel Hill." Everyone held up their lit phones, it was very moving & so touching to see that Fleetwood Mac knew exactly what city they were in tonite, referencing what Pittsburgh has been thru since last Saturday in Squirrel Hill.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The Chain - Pittsburgh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVyV5CSZPiw
Old 11-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Landslide with the full dedication to Pittsburgh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQCO9D5RHts
Old 11-02-2018, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Landslide with the full dedication to Pittsburgh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQCO9D5RHts
This is very special and I know these are real tears (pun intended).
Old 11-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dreams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXEr4tjD960

Everywhere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HzwATWKFBs

Gypsy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJuSbV1UJ44

Gold Dust Woman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCs8EO_R0dI

Rhiannon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKouiBTIChY
Old 11-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the first time ever I have not seen Fleetwood Mac in Pittsburgh. I boycotted because of Lindsey and then some health problems made it hard to go also.

I've been watching videos of the tour so far and I kept thinking, yea, I hate that Lindsey is gone, but I should go anyway. I wish I had gone.

I have noticed too that they seem very happy playing together. I'm sure Stevie is much happier, and John seems the same as always, lol, but Christine seems to really be enjoying herself. Maybe without Lindsey being so controlling they feel more free onstage. Maybe without the Lindsey/Stevie conflict they all feel better. I wish I would have gone.

Did they leave out I Got You and Hypnotized?

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 11-02-2018, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
This is the first time ever I have not seen Fleetwood Mac in Pittsburgh. I boycotted because of Lindsey and then some health problems made it hard to go also.

I've been watching videos of the tour so far and I kept thinking, yea, I hate that Lindsey is gone, but I should go anyway. I wish I had gone.

I have noticed too that they seem very happy playing together. I'm sure Stevie is much happier, and John seems the same as always, lol, but Christine seems to really be enjoying herself. Maybe without Lindsey being so controlling they feel more free onstage. Maybe without the Lindsey/Stevie conflict they all feel better. I wish I would have gone.

Did they leave out I Got You and Hypnotized?
Ahh it's too bad you couldn't go but maybe you can catch a future date somewhere that isn't too far away. I hope you get better soon. I am really glad I went I thought it would be weird but it wasn't at all. It was fantastic and I was just amazed at how much fun everybody was having. Even Stevie & John were joking around.
Yes unfortunately they left out I Got You and Hypnotized. Ugh. I am still upset about that. I am seriously considering seeing them again maybe in Toronto or DC. I was checking ticketmaster all week and while it might not have been sold out it was pretty damn close. The upper and lower level side sections were even sold I was surprised.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Wdve local radio station review

We'll probably never see Fleetwood Mac again in Pittsburgh. They were great tonite at PPG Paints. Neil Finn & Mike Campbell do a tremendous job filling in for Lindsey Buckingham. And those are some BIG shoes to fill. We saw Lindsey in Homestead exactly 2 weeks ago, he & his band were super, jag-off that he is, but he was so much responsible for Fleetwood Mac becoming world-famous in the '70's. Tonite without Lindsey, the band didn't miss a beat, not to us anyway. Stevie can't hit the high notes anymore, she doesn't even try to, but she also just turned 70! Mick Fleetwood was ferocious on drums. Christine sounded fine. So did her ex-husband John on bass. Neil Finn did a special tribute to "the grieving families in Squirrel Hill." Everyone held up their lit phones, it was very moving & so touching to see that Fleetwood Mac knew exactly what city they were in tonite, referencing what Pittsburgh has been thru since last Saturday in Squirrel Hill.
Class act.