The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2004, 12:46 PM

Did VH1 have to schedule this to conflict with The Sopranos?

I guess I'll just have to look for the Sopranos' many encores on one of the many HBO channels I get.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's usually repeated on Tuesday nights, I believe. On the "regular" HBO.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by JamieSPC
Given that most of the footage I've seen is widescreen (letterboxed), I would think this was always intended for a DVD and fully expect to see one within the year. It wouldn't make sense not to. Plus, haven't we always been told that both this and the Soundstage show would get a DVD release?
No, some people said it would be released on DVD with no confirmation and it got passed off as fact. It has never been said by anyone other than fans that it would be on DVD. The same thing was said about Lindsey's Soundstage being released on DVD with the Boston concert. The only thing we know for a fact is that the Boston concert will be on DVD.

However, the Warren Zevon episode of "Inside Out" was released on DVD, so the FM one will be probably be released, too.

Old 03-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
No, some people said it would be released on DVD with no confirmation and it got passed off as fact. It has never been said by anyone other than fans that it would be on DVD.
See, I'm pretty sure I read either Mick or Lindsey saying that they're hoping to release the documentary on DVD at some point.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This isn't directly from Mick or Lindsey, but UPI.com had this to say in 2002:
Quote:
"The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac," 36 songs in a double-CD package due for release Oct. 15 on Reprise Records, chronicles the career of one of rock's best-known groups. The band also has finished a new studio album scheduled for a release in the spring of 2003. The as-yet unnamed album will feature members of the group's most familiar lineup -- Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie -- and is the first recording of new material to include both Nicks and Buckingham since 1989's "Tango In The Night."
An extensive tour, with dates to be announced shortly, will follow the eagerly awaited new release. The best-of package includes "Dreams," "Don't Stop," "Go Your Own Way," "The Chain," "Rhiannon," "You Make Loving Fun," "Little Lies," "Tusk" and in-concert renditions of "Big Love," "I'm So Afraid" and "Go Insane," originally heard on the group's 1997 live recording, "The Dance." Also included is the group's studio version of the Stevie Nicks original, "Landslide," currently a hit single for the Dixie Chicks.
Among the enhanced-CD package's special features are never-before-seen video footage of the band, a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the recording of their upcoming album and a link to an exclusive Web site with upcoming tour information. A full-length documentary of the recording process will be broadcast and released as a DVD next year.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
This isn't directly from Mick or Lindsey, but UPI.com had this to say in 2002:
C'mon, Johnny, that's a bit of a stretch.

Is UPI the only source that said it would be broadcast and released on DVD?

Listen, I think it will be released on DVD because Zevon's eppy was. I'm just saying that certain people passed it off as fact when it wasn't, and people subsequently believed that it would be.

Old 03-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
C'mon, Johnny, that's a bit of a stretch.

Is UPI the only source that said it would be broadcast and released on DVD?

Listen, I think it will be released on DVD because Zevon's eppy was. I'm just saying that certain people passed it off as fact when it wasn't, and people subsequently believed that it would be.
Not sure that that's a "stretch" really, as I was simply trying to show that the rumour of a DVD release didn't begin with hopeful fans.

I know I've read that info in at least one other article, but I can't remember exactly where, and don't feel like wasting a lot of time searching for it.

(As a side-note... the official word from Fleetwood Mac's camp last year, was that the Boston shows were being recorded for PBS' Soundstage series. It was only a Boston Globe reviewer who stated the concert was being filmed for a DVD release... and we all pretty much then accepted that as fact, too.)

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-08-2004 at 03:37 PM..
Old 03-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not sure that that's a "stretch" really, as I was simply trying to show that the rumour of a DVD release didn't begin with hopeful fans.

I know I've read that info in at least one other article, but I can't remember exactly where, and don't feel like wasting a lot of time searching for it.
Then let's just agree to disagree.

Still, I'm rather curious to see how many fans still believe that the Boston concert and Lindsey's Soundstage episode are going to be released as a two pack after someone mentioned it months back. You know they're out there.

Old 03-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(As a side-note... the official word from Fleetwood Mac's camp last year, was that the Boston shows were being recorded for PBS' Soundstage series. It was only a Boston Globe reviewer who stated the concert was being filmed for a DVD release... and we all pretty much then accepted that as fact, too.)
Nope. As I said before, I had asked some of the cameramen at the show about a DVD possibility and was told it was being taped for Soundstage and DVD. I suspect the Boston globe reviewer got the same info from the same crew.

Anyways, I have no desire to get into a pissing contest.

Old 03-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Nope. As I said before, I had asked some of the cameramen at the show about a DVD possibility and was told it was being taped for Soundstage and DVD. I suspect the Boston globe reviewer got the same info from the same crew.
Still, you have to admit that even though the cameramen told you personally that it was also being filmed for DVD release, it was still just your word as a fan, until FM officially stated otherwise.
Quote:
Anyways, I have no desire to get into a pissing contest.
Neither do I, and that wasn't my intention.
I just wanted to show that there was some grain of truth to the documentary-on-DVD notion, outside of writing it off as simply optimistic fans spreading rumours.

(By the way, rumours being passed off as fact, bug me to no end, too... so I definitely understand where you're coming from.)
Old 03-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still, you have to admit that even though the cameramen told you personally that it was also being filmed for DVD release, it was still just your word as a fan, until FM officially stated otherwise.

Neither do I, and that wasn't my intention.
I just wanted to show that there was some grain of truth to the documentary-on-DVD notion, outside of writing it off as simply optimistic fans spreading rumours.

(By the way, rumours being passed off as fact, bug me to no end, too... so I definitely understand where you're coming from.)
Eek. The icon that I clicked didn't show up after the "pissing contest" remark and it came off as bitchy. Sorry! It was meant as a lighthearted remark, not a rude one.

As for the cameraman, that's a bit different than someone just saying "Yup, it'll go onto DVD!" I'm more prone to believe someone who is actually involved in the making of the product than someone whose wishful thinking is purported as fact.

Old 03-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

if they were smart they should release a DVD of a show since nearly every major arena act has released one (And/or a live album) as of late from a current US tour:

Paul McCartney-Back In The US
The Rolling Stones-Four Flicks
U2-Elevation:Live In Boston

I have the feeling the Soundstage Boston show will be disappointing since they will have to edit down a 2 hour 20 minute concert to under an hour...

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am also kind of surprised that some cable channel like HBO has not picked it up like they have done for Cher and The Stones. But, I will take what they will give and be happy and also being hoping the DVD contains extra songs, etc!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
I have the feeling the Soundstage Boston show will be disappointing since they will have to edit down a 2 hour 20 minute concert to under an hour...

Brian j.
I remember reading somewhere that it would be edited down to two hours, but I'm not sure. If it's edited to two hours, I don't think we'll miss much. They'll probably get rid of Mick's awful drum solo, most of the introductions to the songs, and edit out the time between the songs. So, I think we'll probably get the full show.

Old 03-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, they could cut out 30 minutes of lag time and keep almost all of the songs.

I wonder if SN and LB have done any looping or pro-tools to make the vocals better. I am not saying this in a bad way. iI just know a lot of artist do this and FM and SN solo have done it in the past

save the cheerleader - save the world