User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Nothing Ever Changes?

"I can turn all your music on. I can make you feel alive! I am gone but I'm never gone from you!" Ms. Wild Heart is back! What an amazing night! I got to go to this show with my good friend Regina! I had to hear Wild Heart and Bella Donna again! (Will Sister Honey show up? I would love to meet Mabel Normand in person!) The possibilities are endless! This is the tour you die-hard Stevie fans have been dreaming about! If you get a chance, GO!

SEANJT, I was there and I saw it happen! YES, Stevie Nicks absolutely saw you and your album! What an amazing moment that was! I totally get it. It feels like some crazy kind of energy transfer and I'm thrilled for you! I was trying to explain this to a friend--you see these people on the stage, when you think of them "in an album" and then there they are! And you think, somehow, you are invisible to them, but then you have that moment, that connection. I totally get it!

BLUE LIGHT, yep, I would be happy if Stevie did continue this tour longer. There's a lot of people in the middle of the country that are looking for a Nicks Fix. And there's even MORE people outside of USA that have been wanting to see Stevie solo for a long time! (quite of number of them are here!) I was on the floor too but a few peeps were steadfast in their little metal folding chairs when Chrissie Hynde first came out. They weren't old folks. You would think it has to be discouraging to be a world class rocker and see people seated, but it didn't stop The Pretenders one iota! The music and the awesomeness of the performance soon kicked them outta their chairs!

Nonetheless, the little metal chair people sat down during Stevie's Moonlight. I get it. They were tired, and Moonlight is a calmer song. Chrissie and Stevie wore them out! Maybe some out there didn't know the song. Didn't matter. Stevie sold Moonlight! She poured her SOUL into it. By the end, I didn't see anyone seated! MSG was up and cheering! What an amazing performance! I don't know how Stevie does it, but it was more powerful then even the album! And how beautiful was that white coat with all those wolves roaming around, with the snow swirling? This show was all about changing it up!

But there was some familiar friends to be found in Madison Square Garden. Stevie brought along the Gold Dust Woman. As soon as that distinct cowbell cadence began, even before Stevie walked to the microphone, everyone was up! I get the Liz Taylor reference–Stevie is dripping with black diamond elegance. But that Gold Dust Woman comes alive as Stevie transforms herself into that deeply troubled and afflicted soul. It's powerful stuff! I love that Gold Dust Woman, but I'm always happy to see Stevie come back at the end!

I don't think it would be Stevie SOLO without Edge of Seventeen. It constantly changes and grows, but this time it was a loving tribute to Prince. But it's still our song. I know what it sounds like. Somewhere deep in the middle of the night. It's our Stevie's voice! And it's Waddy that makes that bird fly!

And speaking of birds, Rhiannon also flew in for an encore. Stevie told us in Philadelphia, I believe, that Rhiannon has never missed a tour, either in Fleetwood Mac or solo. We all have connections and associations to all of these songs, even the new ones! I love Rhiannon. I'm so glad she made it! After all, she is like a cat in the dark, and then she is the darkness! Once in a million years a lady like Stevie comes along. I am glad we have her and her amazing music!

And the musicians who filled Madison Square Garden with all the music we love were perfect, every note! Ricky Peterson, Darrell Smith, Scott Crago, Carlos Rios, Al Ortiz (who knew the man could sing, too!), and the man in black, the amazing Waddy Wachtel! Stevie says Waddy makes it safe for her to do all of this, particularly this tour, and he gives her the courage. Waddy we all love you! And I love Stevie's introductions of everyone! (I bet they must all be squirming, wondering what Stevie might tell us about them!) Sharon Celani, who I will love forever for her part on Edge of Seventeen, and Marilyn Martin (who first brought Sorcerer to the masses) both sang their hearts out.

Stevie promised us a totally different show! She delivered! And LANDSLIDE? The most perfect song I have ever heard in Madison Square Garden or maybe at any venue! Thank you NEW YORK!!! You were the choir! Thank you Stevie– WE LOVE YOU!!!