The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default When will Stevie do a final tour?

Do you think it'd be announced in advance?

When do you think it will be?

Suddenly I'm kinda worried the 24K Gold Tour will be her final solo tour. O_o Some parts of those speeches kinda made it seem like she's digging up really old songs so she can sing them before retiring (like the Wild Heart).
Old 11-29-2016, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Stevie loves the limelight too much to ever fully retire. Her health seems to be just fine, so I can easily see her soldiering on for some time. She herself talks about how she even gets bored staying in a hotel room for more than a couple of nights; she'd go completely nuts if she retired. I honestly see her continuing to perform until she isn't physically or mentally able to do so.

As far as why she broke out old gems for this tour, I think that's multifaceted. Firstly, they're like a comfort food for her after the recent years long concurrent Mac tours. She can wrap herself up in her own history and escape from Fleetwood Mac for a few months. Secondly, I suspect she wants to sing hard songs like Wild Heart before her voice degrades any further. Thirdly, I'd guess she just wanted to do something different after doing the same songs year in and year out. And what better time to do so than during a short little tour book ended between two Mac tours.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie is going to tour until she physically is unable to. She's always said how she chose to be a poet over everything else so I don't think the idea of retiring is anywhere in her head. I remember reading something where even Mick said something like that, she'll keep going long after Fleetwood Mac has its last act.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope never or after I'm gone.Look at Tony Bennett .He is in his 80's and still touring.Plus these classic country artists like Loretta Lynn are still touring and appearing on the Grand Ole Opry.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-30-2016, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Stevie loves the limelight too much to ever fully retire. Her health seems to be just fine, so I can easily see her soldiering on for some time. She herself talks about how she even gets bored staying in a hotel room for more than a couple of nights; she'd go completely nuts if she retired. I honestly see her continuing to perform until she isn't physically or mentally able to do so.

As far as why she broke out old gems for this tour, I think that's multifaceted. Firstly, they're like a comfort food for her after the recent years long concurrent Mac tours. She can wrap herself up in her own history and escape from Fleetwood Mac for a few months. Secondly, I suspect she wants to sing hard songs like Wild Heart before her voice degrades any further. Thirdly, I'd guess she just wanted to do something different after doing the same songs year in and year out. And what better time to do so than during a short little tour book ended between two Mac tours.
true. so funny how we get the spiel she spouted at the end of the last Mac tour....about how she never sees her house and how she has her little trailer in Malibu and has no furniture in it coz she's never home and she wants to just have down time...... and then goes on a solo tour
Old 11-30-2016, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I truly hope this tour isn't her last. This was my first time ever seeing Stevie live and it was probably the best night of my life this far! I just wish I had become a fan a bit sooner (or been born a bit earlier since I'm just 18 haha). But yeah I agree, Stevie will most likely go on until she can't anymore just because it's who she is. I think a final tour would probably be advertised as such since farewell tours usually sell more seats because people realize this is their last chance to see an artist.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Stevie has good genes. Both her parents lived a long time. I imagine there will be at least one more solo tour after this HUGE world tour with the Mac next year.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For many years Stevie said she could see herself doing this into her 80's and 90's, that they could just bring a rocking chair out on stage!
However, since her mom's death, I think she's gotten a greater sense of her own mortality. I don't think this is her last tour, but I think you are going to see her be more judicious with her time, both with Fleetwood Mac and as a solo act. There are still a lot of things she wants to do, and not as much time to do them all now. Should be interesting to see what she decides on!
Old 11-30-2016, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Dave Stewart really inspired Stevie to imagine all the doors that are open to her. For instance, he encouraged her to publish her photo exhibit last year, and he also said she should do a one-woman show/medley of her catalog someday... Next thing we know Wild Heart is transitioning into Bella Donna and some very old gems are resurfacing. So I think it's him more than anything. I think Stevie has realized recently that she is one of the few artists who CAN do these sorts of things and doesn't necessarily need Fleetwood Mac as a crutch so she's allowing herself to dream bigger.

As for retiring... I hope she's not planning on that anytime soon. I'm almost certain that the next FM tour will be Stevie's last with Fleetwood Mac however I believe that she herself will continue performing solo.

Last edited by lilyfee; 11-30-2016 at 06:55 PM..
Old 11-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I hope never or after I'm gone.Look at Tony Bennett .He is in his 80's and still touring.
Tony turned 90 in August. lol
Old 11-30-2016, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Tony turned 90 in August. lol
And still going strong.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016