Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I forgot...there was a keith olsen lawsuit

Not shocked the band hasn't recognized him when he passed...

http://www.melodicrock.com/interviews/keitholsen.html

Diddly-squat is what we call it in Australia.
That's Yiddish for baby ****. Anyway, I was working on some band that I can't remember what it was. Then I met Mick Fleetwood and he wanted to hear… because he was looking for some place he could make an album really cheap. And so I said, well you know there's this studio called Silent City. You can make pretty cheap albums out there, we'll make a deal with them. And he asked me to produce the record. And on New Year's Eve he called me and says, 'Well Keith I got some good news and bad news. The bad news is, Bob Welch has left the band so we won't be starting that album in February'. And I went, 'Here we go.' (laughs). 'But the good news is, you know those two kids, who were they? Lindsey and Stevie? Do you think they'd want to join my band? Could you go and find out?' And I took 12 hours of constant pounding on them to try to convince them to join Fleetwood Mac on a trial basis only. And they joined Fleetwood Mac as a trial basis and they said they'd do it just for 6 weeks. Then they got better, then they found out that they were making money, just because her brother's paying their salary at 500 bucks a week. They said, well this is great. We went into the studio, 3 months later we came out with that album.

And a legend was born.

And a legend was born.
I worked with them on that album. And then I really don't want to say what happened. I'm still friends with Lindsey and Stevie to this day. But I don't really speak very much to the rest of them. There was, just a nasty lawsuit. Justt wanted to get paid, that's all I wanted to do is get my percentage. And so anyway…

So it goes.

So they went and decided to go and hire this kid who was my second engineer to be their 'engineer' because they could save money. A million and a half dollars later they finished. But it was hard to work with somebody when you're in a lawsuit with them.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

That's Yiddish for baby ****. Anyway, I was working on some band that I can't remember what it was. Then I met Mick Fleetwood and he wanted to hear… because he was looking for some place he could make an album really cheap. And so I said, well you know there's this studio called Silent City. You can make pretty cheap albums out there, we'll make a deal with them. And he asked me to produce the record. And on New Year's Eve he called me and says, 'Well Keith I got some good news and bad news. The bad news is, Bob Welch has left the band so we won't be starting that album in February'. And I went, 'Here we go.' (laughs). 'But the good news is, you know those two kids, who were they? Lindsey and Stevie? Do you think they'd want to join my band? Could you go and find out?' And I took 12 hours of constant pounding on them to try to convince them to join Fleetwood Mac on a trial basis only. And they joined Fleetwood Mac as a trial basis and they said they'd do it just for 6 weeks. Then they got better, then they found out that they were making money, just because her brother's paying their salary at 500 bucks a week. They said, well this is great. We went into the studio, 3 months later we came out with that album.

And a legend was born.

And a legend was born.
I worked with them on that album. And then I really don't want to say what happened. I'm still friends with Lindsey and Stevie to this day. But I don't really speak very much to the rest of them. There was, just a nasty lawsuit. Justt wanted to get paid, that's all I wanted to do is get my percentage. And so anyway…

So it goes.

So they went and decided to go and hire this kid who was my second engineer to be their 'engineer' because they could save money. A million and a half dollars later they finished. But it was hard to work with somebody when you're in a lawsuit with them.
Mick has a history of screwing people out of what's rightfully theirs. #douchecanoe
Old 03-18-2020, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We don’t know what exactly happened but I do know businesses are businesses. Ask Xerox about Steve Jobs, Ask the MacDonald’s founders about Ray Kroc. Ask George Cukor about his friend David O. Selznick. Ask Tim Paterson about who became billionaire with his DOS. If there are “villains” who screwed people, there is a LOT of stories about it.

When it comes to "what's rightfully theirs", you must read the small print, or don't sign anything.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, this explains Mick not saying anything. I never expected Chris or John to say anything. But Mick.... without Keith there'd be no Rumours5, which as we know has bailed Mick out more than once or twice.

But, as Keith said, he was still friendly with Stevie and Lindsey. So much so that when Stevie got stuck on Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You on Rock A Little in the mid 80s she turned to Keith for help.

And enough that Keith said nice things about them in various Behind the Music and other sorts of documentary stuff especially in the Sound City documentary. And they seemed to have nice things to say about him. No one thinks they were inviting each other over for dinner or hanging out and watching tv but there was a mutual professional friendliness and respect. So that still makes the S&L silence weird. I don't think anyone expects a gushing testimonial, but jeebus and simple tweet to acknowledge his passing seems pretty routine these days.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, this explains Mick not saying anything. I never expected Chris or John to say anything. But Mick.... without Keith there'd be no Rumours5, which as we know has bailed Mick out more than once or twice.

But, as Keith said, he was still friendly with Stevie and Lindsey. So much so that when Stevie got stuck on Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You on Rock A Little in the mid 80s she turned to Keith for help.

And enough that Keith said nice things about them in various Behind the Music and other sorts of documentary stuff especially in the Sound City documentary. And they seemed to have nice things to say about him. No one thinks they were inviting each other over for dinner or hanging out and watching tv but there was a mutual professional friendliness and respect. So that still makes the S&L silence weird. I don't think anyone expects a gushing testimonial, but jeebus and simple tweet to acknowledge his passing seems pretty routine these days.

I think it's been proven that Stevie is "friendly" with a lot of people when she needs her arse bailed out, but otherwise...
Old 03-21-2020, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's been proven that Stevie is "friendly" with a lot of people when she needs her arse bailed out, but otherwise...
So, what’s Lindsey’s excuse?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-21-2020, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And a legend was born.

And a legend was born.

So it goes.

this cannot be more clear in asnwering the questions some were raising in the other thread - why KO was dropped as a producer on Classic 5's second album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2020, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like it was Mick's greed then ..he was to the manner born. Stevie was a much nicer person back then IMO ..at least compared to who she is now.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Looks like it was Mick's greed then ..he was to the manner born. Stevie was a much nicer person back then IMO ..at least compared to who she is now.
She absolutely was a well grounded non-entitled human being. I adored her back then. She was her best when she wasn't making everything about herself. Loved her interviews with Jim Ladd. I listened to them as they were happening. Fame some changes people. She's now at her absolute worst.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-22-2020 at 10:27 AM..