User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
It won't play for me for some reason.
It's surely been removed because of copyright infringement, however the album is out tomorrow so you will be able to hear it from official sources like spotify.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the way Stevie's voice sounds on this. Beautiful!
Old 07-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
You know this song is all about being self absorbed. It makes it perfect for Stevie.
it would be a great fit for Lindsey too! Maybe they could record it as a duet...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 07-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
it would be a great fit for Lindsey too! Maybe they could record it as a duet...
This is the type of song that belonged on Trouble In Shangri La. The title track is all about decadent, narcissistic people. - "you can't consume all the beauty in the room" - Unfortunately she didn't continue the theme throughout. This song is the type she needed on that album to strengthen that narrative. Plus it's just a good song with fresh harmonies.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys are really building this song up for me. I haven't seen a song so universally liked this century! What would you compare it to?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-20-2017, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be downloading the track off Itunes tomorrow as well as Google play for my phone :-)
Old 07-20-2017, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

PS Wouldn't it be awesome if this becomes a single and Stevie actually gets some airplay?
Old 07-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
You guys are really building this song up for me. I haven't seen a song so universally liked this century! What would you compare it to?
It's hard to say, but it's a slow burn that ends with the competing back ground vocals, from both, that are up front and center, like her older songs used to be produced.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard a thirty second clip on Youtube and I was impressed! I saw the lyrics ahead of time and cringed but Stevie sings softly and her voice somehow blends beautifully with Lana's voice and style! Very excited to hear the full song tomorrow!
Old 07-20-2017, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Heard a thirty second clip on Youtube and I was impressed! I saw the lyrics ahead of time and cringed but Stevie sings softly and her voice somehow blends beautifully with Lana's voice and style! Very excited to hear the full song tomorrow!
I haaaaate Lana Del Rey's "I want to die in a red dress sad summertime cigarettes money daddy" lyrics so much lol it's why I have not really been hyped for this at all
Old 07-20-2017, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Just an AMAZING song. Stevie really understands her vocal commitment to this song. Once heard, you'll know what I mean.

I don't know if its "single" material only because its very dark and eerie, but what a gem it is!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! I expected to be let down from high expectations but this did not. Way more impressive then that movie soundtrack song. This is probably second only to Midnight Wind where I think Stevie's presence as "the guest" takes the song into anther orbit. If anything that was always the coolest thing about young Stevie. Her ability to have her bg vocals take over and dominate a song. Even something as minor as her singing loudly on the over my head live versions of the 70s was common back then. This past Fleetwood Mac tour I thought Stevie would put a little of that magic on world turning with Christine back to sing the lead vocals. But this was not the case. While Stevie has added some serious fire to her own songs live recently ( GDW and Moonlight in particular) I had given up that a song "featuring Stevie nicks" would ever be significant again beyond "well I guess it's sort of cool to hear Stevie's pleasantly nasal vocals making Santa clause is coming to town a bit more Erie" and always prepared myself not to get let down like Sheryl crows cmon cmon where basically if you during the volume up to 11 at the chorus you can kind of hear Stevie shouting this chord terribly both incredibly loud and yet sounding like a whisper.

But after all that rambling this new song gives me hope she may get back to her song stealing ways. BBBP (am I first to alliterate? I like it) in the tail end of her career. Second to midnight wind for me personally. Better then gold. Better then whenever I call you friend. Even better then anther favorite, ebony eyes .

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow! I expected to be let down from high expectations but this did not. Way more impressive then that movie soundtrack song. This is probably second only to Midnight Wind where I think Stevie's presence as "the guest" takes the song into anther orbit. If anything that was always the coolest thing about young Stevie. Her ability to have her bg vocals take over and dominate a song. Even something as minor as her singing loudly on the over my head live versions of the 70s was common back then. This past Fleetwood Mac tour I thought Stevie would put a little of that magic on world turning with Christine back to sing the lead vocals. But this was not the case. While Stevie has added some serious fire to her own songs live recently ( GDW and Moonlight in particular) I had given up that a song "featuring Stevie nicks" would ever be significant again beyond "well I guess it's sort of cool to hear Stevie's pleasantly nasal vocals making Santa clause is coming to town a bit more Erie" and always prepared myself not to get let down like Sheryl crows cmon cmon where basically if you during the volume up to 11 at the chorus you can kind of hear Stevie shouting this chord terribly both incredibly loud and yet sounding like a whisper.

But after all that rambling this new song gives me hope she may get back to her song stealing ways. BBBP (am I first to alliterate? I like it) in the tail end of her career. Second to midnight wind for me personally. Better then gold. Better then whenever I call you friend. Even better then anther favorite, ebony eyes .
Well she had just worked with Sheryl Crow again and I think She has a duet on Sheryls next album.

As far as Lust for Life - another great album from Lana!
Old 07-21-2017, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Revised lyrics to the ones that were previously posted. They're singing "lie, lie, lie" not "la, la, la".

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
(Lana Del Rey/Stevie Nicks/Rick Nowels/Justin Parker)

Blue is the color of the planet from the view above
Long live our reign
Long live our love
Green is the planet from the eyes of a turtle dove
‘Til it runs red, runs red with blood

We get so tired and we complain
‘Bout how it’s hard to live
It’s more than just a video game

But we’re just beautiful people
With beautiful problems, yeah
Beautiful problems, God knows we've got them
But we gotta try (lie, lie, lie)
Every day and night (lie, lie, lie)

Blue is the color of the shirt of the man I love
He’s hard at work, hard to the touch
But warm is the body of the girl from the land he loves
My heart is soft, my past is rough

But when I love him, get a feeling
Something close to like a sugar rush
It runs through me
But is it wasted love
(It’s not wasted love)

But we’re just beautiful people
With beautiful problems, yeah
But we gotta try (lie, lie, lie)
Every day and night (lie, lie, lie)

Hmm...
Hmm-hmm-hmm
Hmm-hmm-hmm
Hmm-hmm-hmm

Yeah we’ve gotta try (lie, lie, lie)
We gotta walk through fire (lie, lie, lie)
Because we’re just

Beautiful people with beautiful problems, yeah
(We’re just)
Beautiful problems, God knows we've got them, yeah
(Beautiful people)
Beautiful people with beautiful problems, yeah
(We're just)

So beautiful...
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah