The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Lindsey release BLUE LIGHT?
No 1 5.88%
Yes, before the tour 3 17.65%
Yes, during or soon after the tour 6 35.29%
Yes, but long after the tour 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2020, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Will we get BLUE LIGHT?

Will we get BLUE LIGHT at all? Before or after the tour commences?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a commercial strategy, it should be release before or beginning the tour. But it is Lindsey, a true artist. Money is not his main motivation. So who knows.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My prediction is that Lindsey has different things he would like to say, so we will either get a Blue Light with new songs or Blue Light will turn into GoS and act as the source for songs on various future albums.

I suspect this tour is a warm-up.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope we get it as early as possible but I think the most likely is that this tour will serve as a way to finish the Anthology tour/a warm-up for an album release and tour.

If Blue Light was almost in the bag a year ago I hope it doesn't get GOS'd. It probably has something to say as a unified album and it would be a shame to release it piecemeal.

That said, if Lindsey has been working on new material in the last year then maybe he could release that first, while it is topical and raw, and save Blue Light for later.

But I just want new Lindsey music, no matter what it is!
Old 03-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Ledgie

Blue Light's release is dependent on how much of it has been completed and, if any, if how much remains to be completed and if Lindsey will release it independently or on a label.

Touring without anything new for years becomes stale and boring Lindsey would be wise to perform at least one new song from Blue Light if the album is not released before the tour begins.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Blue Light's release is dependent on how much of it has been completed and, if any, if how much remains to be completed and if Lindsey will release it independently or on a label.
we already knew in 2018 that Blue Light was basically completed, and that label was looking at the best way to release it. yes, he has a label. same one that released Solo Anthology. we know all this because he was asked by numerous fans at m&gs in 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Touring without anything new for years becomes stale and boring Lindsey would be wise to perform at least one new song from Blue Light if the album is not released before the tour begins.
this spring tour is just a short part 2 of fall 2018 Solo Anthology tour. so that's more months, than years. i suspect that considering the heart attack and voice issues last year - which delayed this SA part 2 tour for a year - this spring tour is also serving to get him back up to speed and show how good he still is, before releasing an album and touring behind it, presumably in the fall.

btw, there are posts and comments on facebook with his past collaborators who recently (like few days ago!) talked to Lindsey. he and the band started rehearsing for the tour, and Lindsey is excited to next release the new album he has completed and tour it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-09-2020, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Depends if this "new leg" for the anthology tour is completing a contractual obligation. If it is I could see a fall tour for Blue Light. If not then it's anyone's guess.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Depends if this "new leg" for the anthology tour is completing a contractual obligation. If it is I could see a fall tour for Blue Light. .
And depends if he is still in good shape after those 12 gigs. It's not that much but since he had heart surgery last year, and tours are usually tiring, who knows.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There was a post on Facebook in the Fleetwood Mac News with a quote from Lindsey on A) what he's listening to (among other things, the new HAIM single....man, I would LOVE to see him produce them!), and B) what his future plans are....rehearsals have been stopped, since the Spring shows are canceled, but he (hopefully) plans to be back out on the road in August, TO PROMOTE HIS NEW ALBUM.
(He referenced the new album twice, but did NOT call it by name, so I wonder if he's rethinking Blue Light.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well this poll became obsolete 😆

Old 05-12-2020, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
There was a post on Facebook in the Fleetwood Mac News with a quote from Lindsey on A) what he's listening to (among other things, the new HAIM single....man, I would LOVE to see him produce them!), and B) what his future plans are....rehearsals have been stopped, since the Spring shows are canceled, but he (hopefully) plans to be back out on the road in August, TO PROMOTE HIS NEW ALBUM.
(He referenced the new album twice, but did NOT call it by name, so I wonder if he's rethinking Blue Light.
Before this post I’d have thought this August leg was just a contractual obligation pending since his heart attack. But if he talked about promoting his new album, then maybe it will see the light whenever they decide to continue this tour. Hopefully next year since I won’t be able to travel this year.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Before this post I’d have thought this August leg was just a contractual obligation pending since his heart attack. But if he talked about promoting his new album, then maybe it will see the light whenever they decide to continue this tour. Hopefully next year since I won’t be able to travel this year.
i really hope he pushes those dates to next year - and soon! if he postpones i will keep my tickets, because they are front rows.

but i hate to throw all that money away if he for whatever reason actually goes on in Jul/Aug - and i'm almost 100% sure that if that happens i will not travel to those shows.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2020, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i also want to change my vote for either before or during the tour now.

i think he's scraping Solo Anthology Part 2 mini tour, and will go on with the new album tour. at least i hope so, whenever it happens!

actually it would be nice if he would drop the album during the quarantine and figure out some innovative ways to promote it.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i really hope he pushes those dates to next year - and soon! if he postpones i will keep my tickets, because they are front rows.

but i hate to throw all that money away if he for whatever reason actually goes on in Jul/Aug - and i'm almost 100% sure that if that happens i will not travel to those shows.
Well, the idea of a second postponement never crossed my mind. That's why I asked for a refund. Damn, now I lost my front row ticket! Oh, well!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

#ReleaseTheLindseyBuckinghamAlbum