User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Funny you should mention that. I can't help recalling in Mick's book how Stevie cried and begged Lindsey not to leave. Oh how times have changed...
I believe her stance changed because in ‘87 she still had a bit of new music in her, and she needed him to make it sound good. And she still thought she could keep him for herself when she wanted him romantically. Or had some free time and no one else was available.

This time around, she has no music in her so he’s not needed, and she knows she will never have him romantically now. As much as she tossed him aside numerous times, she’s known since The Dance that she is no longer needed by him. And goodness knows she’s tried to make it seem like she has him still, all the stupid comments about his kids being like her kids, they’ll be with each other when they die, blah blah blah. She’s so full of it.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. I can't help recalling in Mick's book how Stevie cried and begged Lindsey not to leave. Oh how times have changed...
She even admittedly attacked him.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I believe her stance changed because in ‘87 she still had a bit of new music in her, and she needed him to make it sound good. And she still thought she could keep him for herself when she wanted him romantically. Or had some free time and no one else was available.

This time around, she has no music in her so he’s not needed, and she knows she will never have him romantically now. As much as she tossed him aside numerous times, she’s known since The Dance that she is no longer needed by him. And goodness knows she’s tried to make it seem like she has him still, all the stupid comments about his kids being like her kids, they’ll be with each other when they die, blah blah blah. She’s so full of it.
After The Dance, he had Kristen and babies on the way...
Old 07-18-2019, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Kak125, thank you for transcribing that but can I ask you one favor?

"Lindsay said, 'She’s coming too, so either you take both of us or I can’t join your band,'" Stevie recalls. "The rest is history - and to be continued."

Can you change the "a" to an "e" and then I will delete this particular post. You got it right in all his mentions after this one though.
I can fix it but I didn't transcribe it. I just copied and pasted the article.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I can fix it but I didn't transcribe it. I just copied and pasted the article.
Oh darn, you shattered my illusions. I just noticed someone else quoted the entire article so me deleting my post is moot.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I bet people had the same reaction in 87' when they literally kicked the living sh*t out of each other. Stevie even said "my family will kill you."

People are reflective and forgiving. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility.
Perhaps not. Both were emotionally charged splits with animosity all round (1987 was more flagrant, it seems to me).

It took ten years for the band to reunite after the 1987 split. Those ten years were filled with a lot of emotional crud that didn’t seem to want to get resolved—for example, Lindsey’s cold, uncomfortable presence at the Clinton Inaugural press conference, or Stevie’s 1994 radio interview comments about Lindsey.

So far, this split—which is still less than two years on—is filled with the same signs. Nobody on either side appears to be in any sort of mood for reuniting. Ten years isn’t a universal axiom for healing, but it gives you an idea of the psychic dust that would need to settle before the people involved would start to feel that they’d like to play with one another again. In 1987, the band members were all 40 or 45 years old, so ten years down the road was feasible. A Fleetwood Mac with 50-year-olds was no big deal. This time, the prospect of a Fleetwood Mac with 80- and 85-year-olds is an appalling stretch of unlikelihood.

There’s also the cumulative effect of multiple splits at work. Like an earthquake-retrofitted building that gets more precarious after two large quakes, the second breakup weakens the integrity of the foundation more than the first did.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I believe her stance changed because in ‘87 she still had a bit of new music in her, and she needed him to make it sound good..
And in 1987 a new Fleetwood Mac album with the Rumours five could and did sell millions (despite her very slight participation in the making of it)So Lindsey was still very much needed for his skills. The instant he left their twelve years of big hits stopped as abruptly as it has begun when he joined.So again it was all about the money .

Old 07-18-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
And in 1987 a new Fleetwood Mac album with the Rumours five could and did sell millions (despite her very slight participation in the making of it)So Lindsey was still very much needed for his skills. The instant he left their twelve years of big hits stopped as abruptly as it has begun when he joined.So again it was all about the money .
And hits are a thing of the past, regardless of the producer. So they have proved they don't need him to tour.

The only thing I've noticed, (which I've never seen on any other FM tour) : The lowering of ticket prices. My brother said Cleveland had a flash sale of really great seats selling for $99 a piece. And when he checked a week before they were $225.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 07-18-2019 at 01:00 PM..
Old 07-18-2019, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It must be really hard for Lindsey to realize how this clowns have used him over the years. How they have welcomed him with open arms just because they needed him and not because they truly loved him as a family member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And hits are a thing of the past, regardless of the producer. So they have proved they don't need him to tour.

The only thing I've noticed, (which I've never seen on any other FM tour) : The lowering of ticket prices. My brother said Cleveland had a flash sale of really great seats selling for $99 a piece. And when he checked a week before they were $225.
I have seen last minute front row center tickets for $99.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:33 PM

Yep, He said he didn't want to be that close because the sound sucks. He had 4 row in lower bowl just down from the stage.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Oh darn, you shattered my illusions. I just noticed someone else quoted the entire article so me deleting my post is moot.
It's all good! Yeah when Lindsey's name is misspelled it really irks me too. I'm surprised I didn't notice it when I posted it. I always do a quick check to make sure the article posted correctly. I did go back and fix the original one.

Yeah I can't see them ever getting back together. I saw them in Pittsburgh 3rd row and enjoyed the show but yeah the sound was turned down way too low. I didn't even need to use my earplugs. I remember seeing them in Toronto on the Say You Will Tour and forgot my earplugs and was almost crying during Come because it was so loud it was really hurting my ears. Ahh that show was so good though I got Lindsey to sign my ticket. I always loved being on his side during concerts.

Last edited by kak125; 07-18-2019 at 03:25 PM..
Old 07-18-2019, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And goodness knows she’s tried to make it seem like she has him still, all the stupid comments about his kids being like her kids, they’ll be with each other when they die, blah blah blah. She’s so full of it.
Stevie Nicks, July 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbnm2z3Atk

2:11: "It is, in many ways, one of the greatest love stories ever told. It’s like one of those great romances of the century."
2:27: "It’s a relationship that spans centuries and has come out on top.”
18:44: “Sometimes I see the boy I first met when he was seventeen. And I haven’t seen him since we first joined Fleetwood Mac."
Old 07-19-2019, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
In 1987, the band members were all 40 or 45 years old, so ten years down the road was feasible.
In 2019, with the band members are all 75 to 80 years old, 2 months down the road is being optimistic.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
August 7, 1987.
We gathered at Christine's house, where from the start feelings ran high. No one wanted to face the humiliation of a canceled tour it was like a hideous specter from our distant past except for Lindsey, who just wanted out. The meeting was civil for about five minutes. Stevie felt devastated. She took Lindsey's rejection of us personally. "You can't do this," she said. "Why are you doing this?"
Lindsey apologised. "Look, I'm sorry. I just can't do any more. I've given twelve years of my life to this band! I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't... hack it..."
///////////
I looked over at Stevie, who was brushing back tears. "Lindsey," she said, "you've broken my ****ing heart on this."

Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood with Stephen Davis. 1990

“Last January, Fleetwood Mac made the decision to continue to tour without me,” Buckingham said in a statement to Rolling Stone regarding the suit. “I remain deeply surprised and saddened, as this decision ends the beautiful 43-year legacy we built together. Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents.”
Rolling Stone magazine, October 11, 2018.

Well, I do agree 100% with this 2018 Lindsey quote, but I guess (and no matter how accurate was Mick in his 1990 book, I think it reflects the actual Lindsey state of mind at that moment) he didn't care about Fleetwood Mac legacy in 1987.

So more than one member changed his/her point of view over the years. Anyway as Meryl Streep said in "Ricki" movie: "You know, the crowd loves that drama and tension. Yeah? That was what made Fleetwood Mac really popular."

Last edited by Villavic; 07-22-2019 at 11:55 AM..
Old 07-22-2019, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
August 7, 1987.
We gathered at Christine's house, where from the start feelings ran high. No one wanted to face the humiliation of a canceled tour it was like a hideous specter from our distant past except for Lindsey, who just wanted out. The meeting was civil for about five minutes. Stevie felt devastated. She took Lindsey's rejection of us personally. "You can't do this," she said. "Why are you doing this?"
Lindsey apologised. "Look, I'm sorry. I just can't do any more. I've given twelve years of my life to this band! I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't... hack it..."
///////////
I looked over at Stevie, who was brushing back tears. "Lindsey," she said, "you've broken my ****ing heart on this."

Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood with Stephen Davis. 1990

“Last January, Fleetwood Mac made the decision to continue to tour without me,” Buckingham said in a statement to Rolling Stone regarding the suit. “I remain deeply surprised and saddened, as this decision ends the beautiful 43-year legacy we built together. Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents.”
Rolling Stone magazine, October 11, 2018.

Well, I do agree 100% with this 2018 Lindsey quote, but I guess (and no matter how accurate was Mick in his 1990 book, I think it reflects the actual Lindsey state of mind at that moment) he didn't care about Fleetwood Mac legacy in 1987.

So more than one member changed his/her point of view over the years. Anyway as Meryl Streep said in "Ricki" movie: "You know, the crowd loves that drama and tension. Yeah? That was what made Fleetwood Mac really popular."
Seems about right. Most 38 year olds aren’t at the “legacy” stage as compared to a guy closing in on 70.