Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's go by album:

Fleetwood Mac: "Warm Ways" - no, just no.
Rumours: "Don't Stop" - it's not that it's bad, it just makes me think of Bill Clinton.
Tusk: "That's Enough For Me" - okay, we get it.
Mirage: "Oh Diane" - I'm going with others on that one. It's got like a... '50s-ish vibe. Very odd.
Tango in the Night: "Caroline" - huh?
Say You Will - "Come" and "Silver Girl" - the production on these songs makes me cringe.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey- Oh Diane and Not That Funny. They just kill me, sorry.
Christine- Warm Ways. Just no.
Stevie- Silver Girl.

~She wonders how many more hours her heart will feel broken~
Old 07-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I think you are getting your girls mixed up. Do you mean Sweet Girl? Also, I love Twisted and consider it to be an honerary Fleetwood Mac song. They should have included it in their live set.
You're right. I mean Sweet Girl. Although, the combo of Silver Girl and RTTG back to back kind of makes me say "hate" too. It's just having two songs I am ambivalent about side by side like that that really pushes things over the edge. Either song by itself is probably not hateworthy.

Michele
Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't appreciate Oh Diane until I heard the demo/outtake version that doesn't have verses. It's really raw and comes off like an angsty Beach Boys song...and I'm currently obsessed with it. I'm guessing the verses were a bit of an afterthought, and the overall toning down of the song for the album is a disappointment.

The only song I can think of that I truly hate, will stop what I'm doing to change it, etc is Empire State. I LOVE Mirage...but WTF? I should really just burn a version of the album sans Empire State.

I'm listening to Silver Girl after all your hating on the song. I think I only really like it because it reminds me of my estranged mother...and it's really mellow.

Also love WISYA, but it would suck without Lindsey's part at the end.

So...apparently I don't hate much.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i agree, i loathe this song too~ chris is such a talent, but this song really blew & still does~ i never play it all the way thru & will stop whatever i am doing at the time to change it~
Really?? Wow this surprises me.... I love the Stevie background vocals in this song (tell me lies) as well as the video........ hate hate hate Only Over You and Mystified........Family Man......I cringe when I hear the first verses of Goodbye Baby..... absolutely adore the demo though...... a good example of a good demo gone bad in my opinion.....

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac- Sugar Daddy
Rumours- Oh Daddy (and I don't even dislike it that much, its just my least favorite on the album)
Tusk- Never Make Me Cry and WMYTYTO
Mirage- Empire State and Only Over You
Tango- When I see you Again and Family Man
Say You Will- Come (and only because I LOVE the live version and the CD verison doesn't do it for me)
Old 07-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

by album
Fleetwood Mac - Warm Ways
Rumours - Oh Daddy
Tusk - Never Make Me Cry
Mirage - Oh Diane
Tango - Family Man/When I See You Again (tie)
Say You Will - Say Goodbye

*note, I don't "hate" these songs...just my least favs*

also, is it just me, or is TITN not on iTunes anymore..did I miss the memo?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Supporting Ledgie

This is really tough for me because I don't really hate any Fleetwood mac songs (except a few off of TIME--sorry, ChiliD)

STEVIE SONG--I have to say ANGEL (from Tusk is one of them)---& not because its a bad song, but because of the production. If you watch the TUSK documentary, the song sounds so much rockier during the sessions. Why they mixed it the way they did, I don't know.

BAND SONG--2nd HAND NEWS...I pick this one only because, to me, it just DOES NOT WORK LIVE. It sounds terrible live. Quit doing onstage.

STEVIE SONG #2--ILLUME--Sorry Stevie. I love the message of the song, but her vocal is just terrible on this track.

LINDSEY SONG--Big Love--from TANGO in the NIGHT. I really hate the way this song sounds, so nothing to do with the lyrics. I remember hearing it when I was kid. Love The Dance era version though.

CHRISTINE SONG--Probably Warm Ways or Sugar Daddy. I love the white Fleetwood Mac album, but either of those two songs I tend to skip.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks Song : When I See You Again from Tango In The Night I just don't like this song at all its nerve racking. probably the only song I do not like at all by Stevie.

Lindsey Buckingham Song: Not That Funny from Tusk just don't like this song its annoying when I hear it.

Christine McVie song: Sugar Daddy from The White Fleetwood Mac album not my favorite from her
Old 07-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Everyone keeps saying how much they hate Warm Ways, but WHY? I think it's a beautiful song.

My least favorites are:

Lindsey: Oh Diane - Too 50s ish sounding and cheesy

Stevie: When I See You Again - terrible vocal, too repetitive, but Lindsey is the saving grace

Christine: Sugar Daddy - just weird, and it's just a bland version of SYLM. Should have been left off the album IMO. The Tower/Goodbye Baby should've been on the White Fleetwood Mac album instead. Then Say You Will version could be replaced with Not Make Believe.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine- Hold Me, cant stand it

Stevie-When I See You Again

Lindsey-Empire State
Old 07-04-2009, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie: Probably "Silver Girl". I just.... don't get it. It just makes her seem old and boring and totally un-Stevie.

Lindsey: "Oh Diane".

As for Christine... I don't know. I don't necessarily dislike any of her songs but very very few of them "do anything" for me.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't understand all the hate on Little Lies. Yeah, it's possibly a bit "pop" and 80s but it's a superior example of that kind of music, and thechorus just has to be sung along to and played loudly when driving. I Love it!

Lindsey: Empire State (I'm not keen on Mirage at the best of times, apart from Gypsy which is my favourite Stevie song) or That's All For Everyone

Stevie - When I See You Again or Freedom

Chris - Warm Ways or You and I Part II

It took me a loooooong time to like Oh Diane and while I'm still not overly keen, I can listen to it, just not often!
Old 07-04-2009, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooooh - I've been upgraded to Senior Ledgie!

Is that what happens when you hit 100 posts?!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Well, I can stand Oh Diane and WISYA when I don't hear them too often. And for Silver Girl...I haven't even listened to the whole song. SYW is such a bad album. The only songs I like are Thrown Down and Peacekeeper.
I don't actually hate any Christine song, there are only ones I don't like so much. My least favourite Lindsey song is Family Man and I hate No Questions Asked by Stevie.