The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2003, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Only two tickets in the front row per venue for fan club members???

Take a look at this post from Mick's board:

Just checked with a friend whose brother works at Ticketmaster. He checked the logs for all purchases at each venue in todays pre-sale. The fan club indeed was correct about offering Front Rows, they offered 2 tickets in the front row for each venue. However, the closest available seats for after that was 10th row and only 2 pairs were made available in that row. The only acception was Columbus, OH which had 6 pairs in 6, 7th and 8th row. Where were 20% of the best floor seats at each venue ??!!. The season ticket holder pre-sale had better seats available than our pre-sale. The eagles fan club pulled the same bull%$#t. They claim "we design this presale so brokers and scalpers can't get the good tickets". What they don't realise is brokers and scalpers don't purchase the crappy seats that these fan clubs make available in their pre-sales so they are not deterring anything.

How exactly does that account for 20% of the "best seats"? I would love to see the math for that calculation!!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 03-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course, if you have $900 to spend on two tickets, you can go over to ebay and get yourself some row 16 seats . . . .

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 03-14-2003, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone on Mick's board got 3 front row seats.....
Old 03-14-2003, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Posted on Mick's board:

I stubbled upon this board from an email I received from the Fan Club and wanted to confirm that there were no more than 20 tickets available within the first 20 rows for any presale. I have been buying tickets for a large hotel chain for over 15 years, we do tons of promotions and give hundreds of tickets out to our clients weekly. I have purchase through Ticketmaster presales practically everyday, over 90% of the time I get seats within the first 5 rows released. I can also confirm the post someone made on this board that only 1 pair of row 1 seats were available for each venue, then 4 tickets in row 10, then a few in the row 20s. The bulk of tickets were in the rear floor sections and in bad lower level seats. A quite reliable connection we have at Ticketmaster said this is what they call a "top down" presale, its when they put the worst of the top price seats onsale first. These are typically the hardest seats for them to sell because people are usually only willing to pay $100+ for good seats, then they select the cheaper seats. If you check shows that have gone onsale you will always see the worst "best" seats are the ones that are left. Basically this was a scam from both the fan club and Ticketmaster, the fan club led us to believe that for $60 we can get first crack at good seats, and on Ticketmasters end they ensure the bad "best" seats get sold so they shows will for sure sell out come the public sale. The real front row seats will go onsale to the public on Monday but will get sold in less than 1 second. I have already contacted Visa, they have credited back my $60 and are investigating. If more of us complain then it will be pretty obvious that a scam took place and we should fairly easily get our money back. Again I have been doing this for over 15 years, I can confirm all of your suspicions.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well here are the NY ones:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2164951926

Pip
Old 03-14-2003, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like most of the front row seats are over at ebay... also what a coincidence that there seems to be alot of sets of 4 tickets for sale

Pip
Old 03-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got 10th row, that means that I got 2 of the 4. Wow. That was luck then. What bull.

I cannot believe that people who are joining these fanclubs are just putting them up for over $1000 on Ebay. Im so angry I want to throw this computer. Its one thing to put seats up there after the fact...but to take OUR tickets at 125-150 a peice and then sell them for SO much more...I mean really.

Im so angry at everything...at how so many got screwed...at Ebay for allowing this total rip off and just at the fact that we are fans and these tickets are way too much to start with. 125 is just too much and almost not worth it.

Ugh