User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Lindsey had a choice too. If he chose to tour October this year he could have done so. If Lindsey was ready and willing, no way would he have been replaced.
you should go read some of the threads here. and watch that video of Lindsey refuting band's lies.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you should go read some of the threads here. and watch that video of Lindsey refuting band's lies.
I have seen that video. I can barely hear or understand what he is saying. But apparently it is proof that he wanted to tour at the same time as everyone else. Apparently this was going to be possible with him doing a solo tour at the exact same time as the band tour.
Elle, do you seriously believe that Lindsey was ready, willing and available to tour when the band wanted him? If so what's the real reason he was fired? I look forward to the conspiracy theories!
I'm so glad I won't have to suffer through yet another tired rendition of I'm So Afraid this November! I'm watching the dance right now and taking a tea break for this never ending song.

Last edited by secret love; 05-05-2018 at 07:08 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have seen that video. I can barely hear or understand what he is saying. But apparently it is proof that he wanted to tour at the same time as everyone else. Apparently this was going to be possible with him doing a solo tour at the exact same time as the band tour.
Elle, do you seriously believe that Lindsey was ready, willing and available to tour when the band wanted him? If so what's the real reason he was fired? I look forward to the conspiracy theories!
yes. and now we won't get that.

you can read thousands of threads of conspiracy theories around here. we don't need yet another one.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. and now we won't get that.

you can read thousands of threads of conspiracy theories around here. we don't need yet another one.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that if Lindsey was truly available, that he would be sacked just out of spite. I mean they just had a hugely successful Rumours line up tour only three years ago. If everyone was actually on the same page about touring, why not try to emulate the success of 2015 rather than risk jeopardising it with a risky new line up? Doesn't make any sense Elle and you're smarter than that. Sorry to sledge you Elle, but you're just blinded by how much you love Lindsey and Kirsten. They can do no wrong in your eyes.

Last edited by secret love; 05-05-2018 at 07:20 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry to sledge you Elle,
Probably really just shouldn't, and as a matter of fact, don't sledge anyone.

Using sorry at the start of your sentence does not validate being allowed your comment. it reeks of ad hominem enough to start with.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No.

I'm hugely excited to see Fleetwood Mac with Mike Campbell.
I was crushed when I heard the news -- I don't know anyone else on this planet who's a bigger Buckingham fan than I am; but I'm also a huge music fan in general -- and that's why I've always been drawn to the band. I go for the music.
The manufactured drama and the drug addition stories -- it never interested me.

The songs interest me and they've been under my skin since I was a young teenager, before Tusk came out. The only other band that I thought might be better as a live act is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. So having Mike step in is sort of a fantasy. But I would have rather had him in the band along with Lindsey.

It'll be fun. One of the best things about growing older is you stop micro-managing life. And you stop taking everything so seriously. And you stop making everything about yourself.
The majority of Fleetwood Mac fans are on board with this move. A little shell-shocked, but definitely curious. We have to remember how small a fraction of fans are represented on social media.
And then there are the Tom Petty fans, who seem to be over the moon about this new line up.

The Burnette/Vito years were very bland. Neither of them are great singers, and their playing is pretty paint-by-numbers. Mike Campbell has an amazing sound with muscle to spare. He'll blow the roof of arenas on this tour, and I can't wait.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
The majority of Fleetwood Mac fans are on board with this move. A little shell-shocked, but definitely curious. We have to remember how small a fraction of fans are represented on social media.
I disagree, 100%. True FM fans know that this scenario is bullsh*t. They're going to drop ticket prices like a hot turd.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To quote my very casual FM fan brother, "Why bother? It's not Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey. I am so glad I got to take my kids to see the band with all 5".

BTW my nephew is 16 and is very into Tusk and thinks LB's guitar playing is a thing of wonder. He's even learned to travis pick. My niece (20) is a HUGE Stevie fan. Well I'm going to have to fill her in on what she's been up to.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I disagree, 100%. True FM fans know that this scenario is bullsh*t. They're going to drop ticket prices like a hot turd.
I hope so. I hope they end their career with a huge embarrassment. They deserve it. I have to remind people that I've only been a SN hater the last couple of years. She has worn on my last nerve the way she has been acting. I used to be her biggest fan, and while I will always love lots of her music, I'm not going to worship her personally anymore. She's become insufferable.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hope so. I hope they end their career with a huge embarrassment. They deserve it. I have to remind people that I've only been a SN hater the last couple of years. She has worn on my last nerve the way she has been acting. I used to be her biggest fan, and while I will always love lots of her music, I'm not going to worship her personally anymore. She's become insufferable.
I agree completely. This final act is the worst way they could have ever ended their legacy. Whoever IS responsible should die from shame.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I'm hugely excited to see Fleetwood Mac with Mike Campbell.
I was crushed when I heard the news -- I don't know anyone else on this planet who's a bigger Buckingham fan than I am; but I'm also a huge music fan in general -- and that's why I've always been drawn to the band. I go for the music.

It'll be fun. One of the best things about growing older is you stop micro-managing life. And you stop taking everything so seriously. And you stop making everything about yourself.
And then there are the Tom Petty fans, who seem to be over the moon about this new line up.

The Burnette/Vito years were very bland. Neither of them are great singers, and their playing is pretty paint-by-numbers. Mike Campbell has an amazing sound with muscle to spare. He'll blow the roof of arenas on this tour, and I can't wait.
Interesting post. Like you said, for me, it's about the music, so this latest lineup change doesn't faze me too much, beyond my initial disappointment. When Christine, Stevie, and Rick left and Bekka Bramlett and Dave Mason replaced them, I wasn't very excited, but I gave them a chance and bought Time and really didn't care for it at all. And I didn't see them in concert. But the current lineup, now that is a band I'm excited about!

Re The BTM era, while I agree neither Rick or Billy were extraordinary vocalists, I definitely thought Rick was an incredible guitarist- both on the albums and live. His guitar work on the live versions of Isn't It Midnight and Oh Well, and on the recorded version of Save Me, were blistering and blew my mind. And whoever played that guitar on No Questions Asked (I'm assuming it was Rick but it could have been Billy) did an awesome job. I mean, whether you like that song or not, the guitar work is the best thing about it!
Old 05-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Interesting post. Like you said, for me, it's about the music, so this latest lineup change doesn't faze me too much, beyond my initial disappointment. When Christine, Stevie, and Rick left and Bekka Bramlett and Dave Mason replaced them, I wasn't very excited, but I gave them a chance and bought Time and really didn't care for it at all. And I didn't see them in concert. But the current lineup, now that is a band I'm excited about!

Re The BTM era, while I agree neither Rick or Billy were extraordinary vocalists, I definitely thought Rick was an incredible guitarist- both on the albums and live. His guitar work on the live versions of Isn't It Midnight and Oh Well, and on the recorded version of Save Me, were blistering and blew my mind. And whoever played that guitar on No Questions Asked (I'm assuming it was Rick but it could have been Billy) did an awesome job. I mean, whether you like that song or not, the guitar work is the best thing about it!

Agree. What I meant about Rick and Billy’s playing is that there really isn’t anything unique about their sound. They are masterful musicians but they didn’t create their own unique sound the way Lindsey and Mike have.

And as stated up-thread a little:
The true Fleetwood Mac sound has always been John and Mick.
That drum and bass combo is why the songs get under people’s skin and become irreplaceable earworms.
And that’s why I showed up for the Tango shows and the Behind The Mask shows.
Despite myself, I was hugely impressed with how they sounded.

I sat out Time because the songs felt weak and I’m not a fan of Beka’s voice.

Ironically I sat out the last two tours because I see a lot of live shows and a greatest hits setlist in a big arena wasn’t worth the cash for me. Do I regret it?
Absolutely - especially after hearing how much they had improved as a band since the SYW tour.
So here we are today with Mike Campbell stepping in and I gotta admit, I’m pretty damn excited. And I’ll be excited for Lindsey’s solo shows too.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope! I’m very excited. Already have tickets to one show, will likely go to at least 3, like I did for the last two FM tours.