Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Technical difficulties or is this the new "Dreams"

Has Waddy decided Dreams doesn't need a lead guitar part anymore? You can barely hear Carlos playing the more delicate parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GASSFAQpMcw&t=417s
Old 06-02-2023, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Has Waddy decided Dreams doesn't need a lead guitar part anymore? You can barely hear Carlos playing the more delicate parts.

I hear it from the other guy(not Waddy, IDK the other guy's name).
Old 06-02-2023, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Carlos does sound low, but his solo was high.

What is really opening my eyes is that "you know what you LOSSSST"

Why not hit the "what you HA-AD"
Old 06-02-2023, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The more I listen to these live videos from the tour on YouTube, the more I'm convinced that 50% of what I'm hearing is pre-recorded tracks. Obviously, Stevie's vocals are 100% live, but it's like karaoke with the musicians adding some light subtle innuendos on top of the karaoke tracks. The background vocals all seem pre-recorded, as they are on karaoke tracks.
Old 06-02-2023, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This whole tour is a head scratcher. She does great vocally in some areas and then barely attempts other areas.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This whole tour is a head scratcher. She does great vocally in some areas and then barely attempts other areas.
It’s like the 2010 Tour; live debut of a song, a few covers, and then stuff that the big fans have seen plenty of times live. What’s unfortunate is the set list is so similar to last year’s?
Old 06-03-2023, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

she doesn't hit the high note on "it's only RIIIGHT" and then she realllllly gets pitchy on "that you should play it the way you feel it"

that does not sound like pre-recorded to me, because why in the hail would you use THAT take? Yikes.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can see that, but I think she's also trying to find places to put some lower notes in places where she usually goes high because she's trying to not overdo it. I mean, she's getting older I guess she has to be more protective about stuff like that?

Have you ever noticed sometimes when she tries new notes it's like her rhythm is kinda off and it sounds shaky like she's not feeling confident about how she sung a particular line. I think she's trying but she hasn't like solidified it into a place that sounds okay and then becomes a part of her routine. I think when you hear notes go kinda warbly like that, it's just her getting nervous or having some kind of weird tick about it.

She did mention something during the pandemic of her Epstein Barr virus making a resurface which can make you tired and all that, coupled with her age I think she's looking a little less lackluster vocal performance wise than she has since 2019. Maybe the pandemic era of not singing all that much for 2-3 years weakened her ability so belt out like she used to.

There's a lot of things at play here, and to me it seems like she's kinda fighting to get that energy back, but in some instances I think she's just kinda thinking it is what it is until she can't sing anymore.

Case and point, when she did the Jazz Fest touring again, she did not sound that good on that show. You could tell her breath was like short or something.