The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I asked that question!! I thought of Ted Kennedy too! Clinton wouldn't surprise me at all either, but Richard said he was a senator.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I asked that question!! I thought of Ted Kennedy too! Clinton wouldn't surprise me at all either, but Richard said he was a senator.
Also, he's someone who is dead now and, luckily, Clinton isn't.

Michele
Old 10-05-2014, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And Chris has a certain resemblance to his first wife, who was also a classically trained pianist...
Old 10-05-2014, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And Chris has a certain resemblance to his first wife, who was also a classically trained pianist...
Haha! I didn't know the pianist part...
Old 10-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I asked him about Chris and the Senator too. He never answered the question. There's something in Mick's book about Fleetwood Mac doing a benefit for a senator back in the late 1970's. That senator was Birch Bayh of Indiana. He is now dead & he was a great senator, although not as great as Ted Kennedy. I have a feeling that senator with Chris was Senator Bayh.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I asked him about Chris and the Senator too. He never answered the question. There's something in Mick's book about Fleetwood Mac doing a benefit for a senator back in the late 1970's. That senator was Birch Bayh of Indiana. He is now dead & he was a great senator, although not as great as Ted Kennedy. I have a feeling that senator with Chris was Senator Bayh.
Oh great. Birch Bayh saved Teddy's life once. His son is a jerk, but Birch Bayh was indeed a great senator. Apparently a leche as well, though.

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just catching up on Richard's blog posts.

Lovely picture of Lindsey and Christine looking out of the window of the chateau in France.

Also, nice picture of Richard, Lindsey and Billy Burnette embracing. Rare.

I think the question about whether Lindsey still swims competitively was hysterical. First of all, isn't he a little old for that? Secondly, if he did, wouldn't it have come out in an interview at some point. I mean, I think the world at large would be interested in the fact that the guitar player in a world-famous band spends competitively. Thirdly, wouldn't his tummy be a little flatter, if he did?

I liked reading that Lindsey listened to Prince. I have always wondered if he did and one time in particular I thought the way LB had the guitar mimic a vocal line seemed like he had heard Incense and Candles.

Michele
Old 10-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I mean, I think the world at large would be interested in the fact that the guitar player in a world-famous band spends competitively.
I think the drummer has him beat.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Just catching up on Richard's blog posts.

Lovely picture of Lindsey and Christine looking out of the window of the chateau in France.

Also, nice picture of Richard, Lindsey and Billy Burnette embracing. Rare.

I think the question about whether Lindsey still swims competitively was hysterical. First of all, isn't he a little old for that? Secondly, if he did, wouldn't it have come out in an interview at some point. I mean, I think the world at large would be interested in the fact that the guitar player in a world-famous band spends competitively. Thirdly, wouldn't his tummy be a little flatter, if he did?

I liked reading that Lindsey listened to Prince. I have always wondered if he did and one time in particular I thought the way LB had the guitar mimic a vocal line seemed like he had heard Incense and Candles.

Michele
As we all suspected, lots of pics of Lindsey, Christine from the Mirage recordings. Not a lot of Stevie.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
I think the drummer has him beat.
Yes, Mick does spend competitively doesn't he?

My brain and fingers are unconnected. SWIMS.

Michele
Old 10-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So rather interesting post today. Richard's assistant said Lindsey was a self-absorbed asshole on Twitter and someone asked him about it. Maybe Richard hasn't exactly written what happened when he left the band on his blog and Stacey knows much more? It's very weird that Lindsey was one of his best friends and Richard produced all of the albums, and now they not only don't keep in touch but Richard isn't recognized for his contributions. He wasn't even invited to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. Makes sense that he might feel betrayed and that this is primarily Lindsey's doing. Might have come from that 1 hour interview when Lindsey didn't even mention Richard...

Last edited by bethelblues; 10-18-2014 at 10:00 PM..
Old 10-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
So rather interesting post today. Richard's assistant said Lindsey was a self-absorbed asshole on Twitter and someone asked him about it. Maybe Richard hasn't exactly written what happened when he left the band on his blog and Stacey knows much more? It's very weird that Lindsey was one of his best friends and Richard produced all of the albums, and now they not only don't keep in touch but Richard isn't recognized for his contributions. He wasn't even invited to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. Makes sense that he might feel betrayed and that this is primarily Lindsey's doing. Might have come from that 1 hour interview when Lindsey didn't even mention Richard...
There are three sides to every story. I started out thinking Rich didn't haven any ulterior motives besides generously sharing his Times With FM, now, I feel he truly is reaching out for the bands (anyone of the 5) friendship or acknowledgement. This would explain him not answering questions that don't suit in fulfilling this mission. He answered the more controversial q's in the beginning to garner attention.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure if he wants to be friends again in terms of hanging out and all, but I do get the sense that as they are all older, and he is in wobbly health, that he is thinking about history and legacy, and making sure that his contributions are documented and put out there. I think from various of his comments, and certainly very clearly from his comments about this recent LB interview, he (Richard) is peeved at the way Lindsey always talks as if he (LB) was THE sole creative force behind everything from Rumours onward, and that HE alone was the genius who made every song what it was. Both Richard and Ken are credited as producers on those albums and also have Grammys for them. The fact that Lindsey feels the need to play out his own insecurities about being overlooked as the 'visionary' he is leads him to just ignore anyone else's part. And to Richard that seems to be hurtful, a bit petty, and feels dismissive. I think, just my opinion, but from his comments what he wants more than anything is just a crumb of acknowledgement from Lindsey for his work over 15 or more years. Ironically it seems like Lindsey is doing to Richard what he feels the band always did to him (not recognize or acknowledge his hard work).
Old 10-19-2014, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have had only one of my questions to Richard answered. That was in the first few days of his blog. I have probably asked ten more since then and not one time has he answered back. But if one more person asks what a punter is and he posts it AGAIN, I will lose it. I know he gets lots of questions a day, but lord, what do I have to do? LOL

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I have had only one of my questions to Richard answered. That was in the first few days of his blog. I have probably asked ten more since then and not one time has he answered back. But if one more person asks what a punter is and he posts it AGAIN, I will lose it. I know he gets lots of questions a day, but lord, what do I have to do? LOL
Agreed. Only one or two of mine have been answered as well. There are several that he keeps answering (such as the punter one you mentioned) or people simply saying hi or people asking about things to do in Vegas. Why not speak more about the music? I know I've asked those questions and am sure many others have as well.