Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Interview with peter from the 60`s

While rummaging around for stuff on youtube found this short interview from the 60´s of peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSIz...eature=related

Old 07-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's from "The Early Years" video/DVD. IIRC, that interview was taped in Detroit in early December 1969.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
That's from "The Early Years" video/DVD. IIRC, that interview was taped in Detroit in early December 1969.
Yep, the interview took place on thursday the 4th of December according to The Gospel (Hjort). FM arrived in NY on the 20th of November and the american tour started on the 21th of November.

Has PG got a cold on that film? He sounds... sort of muffled....

Clever Clogs aka Ms Moose
Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always wondered about this interview. Was Peter high, because he seemed ill at ease. In fact he doesn't talk that much different today per "Man of the World".

However, there's a great snippet of an interview for "The Turning Point" with John McVie and Green. Both are discussing the importance John Mayall had on their careers, and Peter is very engaged and intense. That was filmed in May of '69.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default After The Turning Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I always wondered about this interview. Was Peter high, because he seemed ill at ease. In fact he doesn't talk that much different today per "Man of the World".

However, there's a great snippet of an interview for "The Turning Point" with John McVie and Green. Both are discussing the importance John Mayall had on their careers, and Peter is very engaged and intense. That was filmed in May of '69.
I always wondered too. Yes something is wrong, it is like an akward situation for him, and the rapport with the interviewer is missing. I don't know if he is high, but he seems a bit hostile. The poor interviewer seems to be struggling to get a word out of PG. Even in Man of The World he seems more communicative, and there is not the same sense of hostility.

The interview in "Turning Point" is great because it gives an idea of how he used to be. And you can even recognize that personality in the "Man of the World" interview, despite of all that happened to him since. In MOW he is still very vital in his way of expressing himself for someone with a diagnosis of skizofrenia.

By the way I think Mike Dodd interviewed him for Man of the World. He was researcher and interviewer on the film.

Ms Moose
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

However, there's a great snippet of an interview for "The Turning Point" with John McVie and Green. Both are discussing the importance John Mayall had on their careers, and Peter is very engaged and intense. That was filmed in May of '69.[/QUOTE]

Is it on youtube?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmanastrat View Post
Is it on youtube?[/QUOTE]

No unfortunately I have never seen it on YouTube. It is on a DVD: John Mayall - Godfather of British Blues/The Turning Point. I bought mine on Amazon. Turning Point is a tv film about John Mayall from 1969, and it is included in this DVD about his career. There is also an anniversary concert with Eric Clapton in Liverpool on the DVD. Here it is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...lues&x=10&y=19

Ms Moose
Old 07-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Is it on youtube?
No unfortunately I have never seen it on YouTube. It is on a DVD: John Mayall - Godfather of British Blues/The Turning Point. I bought mine on Amazon. Turning Point is a tv film about John Mayall from 1969, and it is included in this DVD about his career. There is also an anniversary concert with Eric Clapton in Liverpool on the DVD. Here it is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...lues&x=10&y=19

Ms Moose[/QUOTE]

Gracias Ms Moose, gonna hold out though for a clip on youtube i hate paying for stuff these days .
Old 07-22-2009, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Where is the rest of the interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmanastrat View Post
Gracias Ms Moose, gonna hold out though for a clip on youtube i hate paying for stuff these days .
There are three bits of the interview with PG and John McVie scattered in different places in the film The Turning Point. So if anyone "puts" it on YouTube they have to beware of that. I don't know how to do it myself - unfortunately, being absolutely illiterate when it comes to "up and downloading" ect. Someday when I get the time I will sit down and learn how to do it...

Another interesting question : Is there a whole film of the interview somewhere? The film was directed by Peter Gibson and the interview took place on 29th of may 1969.

Ms Moose