Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
But they could tour without Chris.
I think there are 2 reasons. the tour and being in England. She doesn't want to stay in the States for long time.

So, what about recording in England? I think she doesn't want to force the 4 members to move to England for weeks or months, to record. But if they agree, why not? Now, it would be hard for those who have small children, but everything is possible.

And if everybody agree to record in England, and then touring without Chris, we could get finally a wonderful album.
But, Chris has always had the most hits. Poppy, radio friendly hits. How could you go on tour(assuming she has a hit from the new album), and not play your newest hit?
I think the only way would/will be when their touring days are over....
Old 01-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, but "there isn't a day..." proves that she'll come back... in my opinion that is.

One day.

Soon.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Because Christine herself said so.
I'm not sure what that has to do with her having retired from Fleetwood Mac, unless you mean that she participated in the making of the new album. But she didn't, really. She participated in the making of Lindsey's 4th solo album many years ago, & her work was just ported over to the new Fleetwood album.
Possibly. One never knows . . . .
David stop badgering us with your facts and correct information!

She's coming back dammit and that's all there is to it!

Put's on blonde wig and grabs yamaha keyboard....
Old 01-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default correct me if I'm wrong!

Btw, she said "there isn't a single day that I don't think about FM" right ?
Old 01-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I feel the same way. I can't blame her for wanting to stay at home. I think she's done much more for the band than anyone expected her to do. I would love to see her back with them, but I wouldn't push for it because, from what I've read, it really isn't what she wants at all.
Yea I know...she REALLY wanted to retire in the late 1960's and just be a housewife...but they got her to join the Mac (THANK GOD!). And then I remember her saying once, while making Tusk she wanted to stop touring in a few years....lol....and almost 20 years later she was still touring.

So, I agree she has done more than anyone expected! But If she ever wants to just come back and record with the Mac and skip out on touring...that would be fine with me
Old 01-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
David stop badgering us with your facts and correct information!

She's coming back dammit and that's all there is to it!

LMAO
Old 01-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What about the mini skirt?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume
What about the mini skirt?

Christine in her mini! remember that pic!

that's an oldie but goodie

hey illume, do you have any more pics of CM at the vibaphone, or xylaphone?

i love those
Old 01-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine in her mini! remember that pic!

that's an oldie but goodie

hey illume, do you have any more pics of CM at the vibaphone, or xylaphone?

i love those
Everytime I see a picture of that woman in a mini skirt, my mind starts playing ZZ Top's Legs.

Umm...what exactly am I looking for in my collection of photos?
Old 01-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to risk the wrath of other ledgies here and say that I was less than heartbroken when I learned that Christine had left the band (and indeed she HAS left the band which she has stated herself). Her leaving allowed the dynamic and musical focus of the band to change, for the better if you ask me. Their music is harder, faster, more rocking: Much more guitar and bass driven than piano driven, with less focus on vocal harmonies and more focus on the individual singers.
Most importantly for me, it has allowed Lindsey to not only take a larger share of the album space, but to use songs that might not have worked in the old situation. Had there been a stronger feminine influence in the band, I just don't think that a song such as "Come" or even "Murrow" would have made the cut. As it was Stevie tried to keep "Come" off the album and off the tour.
As much as I like most of Christine's work and the work that Fleetwood Mac has done with her, I think that the songs that make up Say You Will are some of the best that Lindsey and Stevie have produced - as part of FM or solo - in a very long time.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

To be honest, I've never cared for most of Lindsey's work. I only like a handful of tracks on Say You Will, and they're mostly Stevie's.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Their music is harder, faster, more rocking: Much more guitar and bass driven than piano driven, with less focus on vocal harmonies and more focus on the individual singers.
Yeah, ALOT less of what made them BIG F*cking stars.
Hmm, how much did SYW sell? I thought so......
Quote:
Had there been a stronger feminine influence in the band, I just don't think that a song such as "Come" or even "Murrow" would have made the cut.
My god, you're in the wrong forum. AFAIK, most of us here HATE Come and Murrow. At best, they belong on Lindsey's solo album(if he ever has another).
Quote:
I'm going to risk the wrath of other ledgies here and say that I was less than heartbroken when I learned that Christine had left the band
Well, I guess there's no accounting for taste!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Yeah, ALOT less of what made them BIG F*cking stars.
Hmm, how much did SYW sell? I thought so......
My god, you're in the wrong forum. AFAIK, most of us here HATE Come and Murrow. At best, they belong on Lindsey's solo album(if he ever has another).
Well, I guess there's no accounting for taste!
Wrong forum? Forgive me if I don't see the point in preaching to the choir.

As for how much SYW sold and what made them "BIG F*cking stars" that has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making. Christine is very talented and has a knack for writing radio-friendly pop songs. This fact is undeniable.
However, I'm not interested in how many records a band sells nor am I interested in radio-friendly pop songs. I have always favored a harder, more edgy style. Therefore, the change in the band's dynamic was a positive thing for me. I was simply stating how I feel about Christine's departure and did my best to give support to my opinion.

As for most of the people on this forum hating "Come" and "Murrow" I guess there really is no accounting for taste.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was less than heartbroken when I learned that Christine had left the band
Yet, you post this under Chris' forum. I would dare say, that nearly all of us in this forum WERE heartbroken by her departure.
Quote:
Preaching to the choir?, about how that you're not heartbroken that she's gone.... where's my Kleenex?
Quote:
I have always favored a harder, more edgy style. Therefore, the change in the band's dynamic was a positive thing for me. I was simply stating how I feel about Christine's departure and did my best to give support to my opinion.
I'm not trying to jump your ass, but,.............we, here, are HUGE Christine fans, and, NOT happy that she's gone.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky

As for how much SYW sold and what made them "BIG F*cking stars" that has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making. Christine is very talented and has a knack for writing radio-friendly pop songs. This fact is undeniable.
However, I'm not interested in how many records a band sells nor am I interested in radio-friendly pop songs. I have always favored a harder, more edgy style. Therefore, the change in the band's dynamic was a positive thing for me. I was simply stating how I feel about Christine's departure and did my best to give support to my opinion.

As for most of the people on this forum hating "Come" and "Murrow" I guess there really is no accounting for taste.
Ah! I may feel the same, but usually refrain from saying so in the Christine forum. I respect the lady, her contributions, etc. And, I think some of her songs are brill. She's not my fav, but when i watch those tapes of old performances, I really miss her on such songs as Rhiannon, and SOTM...and, i'm sure, many others. She has a quiet brilliance, IMO. And if you're not a super christine fan, like me, you should still be able to note that her contributions, while subtle, are inimitable and veeeeeery valuable. Her harmonies and keyboard, singing with Stevie and Lindsey, no less, are cause for awards and kudos. In that way that no one ever gives props to the backround singers, and the backround band, but really, they make the songs just as much as the main players.
IMO.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -