User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
He also said that the reason that an album didn't happen after Unleashed, was because Mick only quit drinking in 2011 and was still a heavy drinker in 09 and Stevie and Lindsey didn't want to work with him if he was drunk all the time.

Wow. Good for him for admitting and getting on the right track.

So, it sort of takes the blame off Stevie.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

He also said that the band were indirectly asked to do Glastonbury, but had to turn it down due to some member(s) not wanting to "slum it".
Is Glastonbury slumming it? Don't the biggest acts play it? Just from reading about it for the last few years, I got the impression it was a badge of honor even, if you were one of the main headliners, the last act with the most stage time.

Oh well, as a fan I want nothing to do with festivals. As much as I want the complete video from the US Festival, I wouldn't have wanted to be in attendance.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Wow. Good for him for admitting and getting on the right track.

So, it sort of takes the blame off Stevie.
I think Lindsey is right. I think it's down to Stevie now. Also explains the lack of new material offered by Stevie for the EP. But back in 09, it was down to Mick. And then Stevie went off and recorded In Your Dreams which was such an amazing experience for her.

Didn't Stevie say in one of the IYD interviews that she would only come back on board and do a Fleetwood Mac album if it was fun and didn't want to spend a year trapped in a house at eachothers throats again? Not the exact quote, but I'm sure it was something along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Is Glastonbury slumming it? Don't the biggest acts play it? Just from reading about it for the last few years, I got the impression it was a badge of honor even, if you were one of the main headliners, the last act with the most stage time.

Oh well, as a fan I want nothing to do with festivals. As much as I want the complete video from the US Festival, I wouldn't have wanted to be in attendance.

Michele
Michele, I think the thing with Glastonbury is that it's so huge, you can't just drop a quick festival date into your tour schedule with it, you have to specifically be around just for Glastonbury. A lot of artists have said that over the years. On the day, it's also been reported over the years to not exactly be a relaxed affair backstage, all very busy and rushing around and lots of last minute changes when things run over etc. So it's kinda rough going at times.

But you're right. Glastonbury IS an honor. Because you won't get invited to Glastonbury for being just anybody. It's the biggest of the big. It's huge over here and the whole thing is broadcast on BBC. It's like the music equivalent of Wimbledon.

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 09-26-2013 at 05:07 PM..
Old 09-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't go to the meet, but a friend I met up with at the arena before the show went and he said the same thing - Mick was very open and honest.

He also said that the band were indirectly asked to do Glastonbury, but had to turn it down due to some member(s) not wanting to "slum it".
so that makes it clear then. FM will not perform as a band next year. after Vegas, they are done with this tour.

Mick said in the IYD screening interview 10 days ago that boys are hoping to do Glastonbury and some more interesting countries in Europe they hadn't done before. that they are trying to butter SN up by offering Italy as one of those countries. guess it didn't work.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Thank you for your honesty Lindsey!!!!!!!!!
i'm not sure this was honesty. to me this looks like continuing escalation of his efforts to try to get Nicks on board for finishing FM album they were working on. guess it didn't work too well in person, so he's trying some public pressure. (kinda like Mick's Playboy interview, or performing Dancin' on stage was a public push when private conversations didn't work out.)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
so that makes it clear then. FM will not perform as a band next year. after Vegas, they are done with this tour.

Mick said in the IYD screening interview 10 days ago that boys are hoping to do Glastonbury and some more interesting countries in Europe they hadn't done before. that they are trying to butter SN up by offering Italy as one of those countries. guess it didn't work.
Because: BN!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No, it was this past year that they were asked to do Glastonbury and turned it down. I get the impression it was a bit of an open-ended offer, though, which I suppose is why Mick is hoping they can do it this year again.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
No, it was this past year that they were asked to do Glastonbury and turned it down. I get the impression it was a bit of an open-ended offer, though, which I suppose is why Mick is hoping they can do it this year again.
can someone confirm he was talking about 2013 and not 2014?

Old 09-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But why would it be slumming it last year and the cat's meow this year? Slumming it sounds like that in the last couple of weeks they turned down the opportunity again.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/13643

I mean, they could have turned it down AGAIN.. but I just know for a fact that they turned it down last year, so it seems more likely to me that that's what he was referring to especially since he's recently spoken about wanting to do it for 2014. But they're a fickle bunch so who knows.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
so it seems more likely to me that that's what he was referring to especially since he's recently spoken about wanting to do it for 2014. But they're a fickle bunch so who knows.
he did yes. he was saying boys want to tour Europe some more in 2014, and are trying to get Stevie on board. Mick's comment just yesterday, 2 weeks after the one you are referring to, might mean Stevie decided she didn't want to do it in the meantime. Glasto 2014 tix are going on sale, they probably want to have their main acts lined up pretty soon.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Reading this bit in light of Stevie's comments to Mojo, it seems Lindsey and Stevie are playing political games with one another and using the press as the means for leverage with the public. Lindsey says a new studio album is up to Stevie. Stevie says Lindsey didn't want Christine on stage for more than one song. Stevie would love to do a new Mac album if Christine was on board. Christine would be game if she didn't have to tour. Lindsey appears to want a 100 percent commitment from her or nothing. Stevie meanwhile doesn't appear to want to work with Lindsey on her new songs without some buffer or protection.

They are both painting the other one as tearing at the fabric of the band.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Reading this bit in light of Stevie's comments to Mojo, it seems Lindsey and Stevie are playing political games with one another and using the press as the means for leverage with the public. Lindsey says a new studio album is up to Stevie. Stevie says Lindsey didn't want Christine on stage for more than one song.
yes. my thoughts exactly. who can inflict more damage on the other, to get what they want.

but if that's so, Lindsey is stupid to not just pull Christine onboard and forget about Stevie. he'll have that album out in no time if Christine is willing.

or maybe Stevie knows that and is trying to keep Christine as far as possible from Lindsey in the private life too, the same as she tried to do it on the stage yesterday...

Old 09-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All I want is Christine to tell them to stop making her their little pawn.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mick quit drinking???
Mick is still drinking 2-5 glasses of wine a night or something like that....he said it himself in a recent article.