The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2002, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb TV commercial for new greatest hits album....

Wow, I can't believe I'm the first one who has actually seen it and report to the Ledge - Anyway, I had heard a rumour that FM, or rather Reprise Records, was going to air an infomercial with an 800# to order the new greatest hits album. I saw it Saturday night, during a commercial break on CBS, during Maximum Exposure (whose theme that night was "Men are Stupid," but we won't go there right now - LOL).

Anyway, it's not really an infomercial, in that it's 30 minutes long or anything, it was just part of a regular commercial break, similar to the KISS and Blondie ones currently on the air. It's basically just a lot of footage that we've all seen 100 times. It does come with a limited edition lithograph, which was a pic of the band from the Rumours era, I think, not sure exactly about the pic. I was just trying to take in the whole thing...I believe the price was $28.99.

Maybe this explains why some of the retail music outlets don't have it listed...

Livia
Old 10-01-2002, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the info about the lithograph, Livia!

I've already pre-ordered the CD from amazon.com, but I had a feeling the TV ad would probably offer some little goody (a poster, or photo booklet, or something).

Now, i don't know whether I should cancel my pre-order or not.

Does anyone have any idea as to how long it would take to receive the CDs, if ordered thru the TV ad?

Johnny Stew
Old 10-01-2002, 04:27 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

If you ordered right now it would probably be shipped to you on the release date.

It's actually almost worth the extra money for the lithograph!
Old 10-01-2002, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Johnny Stew...

if you order it from a TV ad it can take a week to two weeks for delivery. The companies that advertise these cd's have to wait for their alotment of cd's to arrive which is always exactly on the official sale date...

Almost all these TV ads for new music include some type of extra (Poster,keychain,etc.) to make up for the amount of time it takes to deliver the cd's...

If you're patient I would order it just for the lithograph...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-02-2002, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL!!! i just saw it for the first time... did anyone else notice how funny it looked when they showed stevie singing Landslide from the dance... but played the landslide from 1975? i totally thought i was tripping.... it looked like she was lip synching to her old records...
Old 10-02-2002, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok...I have pre-ordered from Amazon.com......any idea if this TV ad offer would ship to the UK??? Being the sucker I am I have also pre-ordered the UK edition which has a different track listing and is only 1 cd

Pip
Old 10-02-2002, 08:36 AM

Talking

so many different versions to buy

*Gets out loan* (seriously)

I want that lithograph
Old 10-02-2002, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the commercial this morning (I actually recorded VH-1 all last night, and I saw it this morning on the video). It was very nicely done I thought...better than alot of the ones they do....

~Alex

Old 10-02-2002, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have yet to see any commercial for it in the UK.....I'm sure they will eventually show it......in 2007.....

This "two versions" crap has really p**sed me off...! I mean...what the hell is the point of it?? Now I have to wait a week longer than everyone else in the USA and I have to pay international postage......

Old 10-03-2002, 02:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
This "two versions" crap has really p**sed me off...! I mean...what the hell is the point of it?? Now I have to wait a week longer than everyone else in the USA and I have to pay international postage......
Ditto.

Does anyone know if the European version is enhanced as well?

Damn, I also want to have a lithograph.

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 10-03-2002, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have seen no mention of the 1 cd UK version being enhanced. The 2 cd USA version clearly says enhanced so I think we are going to be shafted on this one

Pip
Old 10-05-2002, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
I have yet to see any commercial for it in the UK.....I'm sure they will eventually show it......in 2007.....

I had a chat with Warner Music UK the folks who deal with the FM back catalogue....

They as yet have NO idea when the US version will be available in the UK......it could be several months. Also the reason they are not releasing the US version as the 'official' UK release is entirely driven by money. Double CD's do not sell well in the UK also the content of the US cd has FM's lesser known tracks to the UK audience. Hence the UK get a heavily edited single cd with pre 1975 material added as those tracks did very well in the UK and not the US. But the irony lies in the fact that WBR's International Office (USA) made the decision as to what The UK audience is going to listen to.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I watch enough television for two people...really I do. My friend even pointed that out last night when we were watching television and about every other commercial that came on I recited as it went along. But, I have yet to see the new commercial. And it makes me wonder...has anyone seen it on any other channel besides VH1? If not, I'm gonna be completely annoyed. The Rolling Stones 40 Licks (their best of) was constantly played on many channels...why does Fleetwood Mac have so much trouble promoting their stuff? The Best Of comes out in TEN days...everyone should have seen it by now even if you watch a half hour of television a day, much less me who watches much more than that.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

I've only seen the commercial once myself, but then again I'm not too much of a tv buff.

Anyway the number I got off the tv last night(VH1) was 1-800-993-3373. I thought I wrote it down right but when I called it and asked to place an order for the Best of FM cd he said this was John Deere(tractor supply)... He told me that you guys keep calling us! Apparently I wasn't the only one who wrote the number down wrong...or was it listed on the commercial incorrectly?!

Somebody help me out here...what is the correct number to order the cd? I'd go through amazon but I want to get the lithograph.

Thanks

Oh by the way, I thought the commercial was right on...very effective and cool.

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 10-05-2002 at 12:49 PM..
Old 10-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I FINALLY saw the commercial today!! You do not even know how much trouble I've gone through to watch it. I've taped VH1 every night for a few days. And finally, today, going through my tape I saw it. I started jumping up and down Man I really need to get a life Oh well. Anyway, I think the commercial is very nicely done and the lithograph sounds cool, but I already pre-ordered it on amazon. Well, there's always eBay.

"Oh I let you slip away there was nothing I could do. That was so long ago still I often think of you..."-Lindsey Buckingham

"I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun, and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady; I came here to be a poet"-Stevie Nicks