The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-19-2018, 12:23 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t think it’s a matter of fans’ sanity, I think the Stevie-Lindsey drama became the primary storyline used to market the band since it was clear Christine was done at the conclusion of the project. Otherwise, THIS picture wouldn’t have been one of the primary images used to market “The Dance.”


But the way they(those fans) lap that sh*t up makes me want to vomit! On the fans who lap, AND Stevie and Lindsey as well! Stop acting like IDIOTS!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-19-2018, 12:29 AM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 403
Default

[QUOTE
I think Lindsey didnít dig it, but played along for the sake of the band, at least until Christine came back.[/quote]

I disagree, I always see it as Lindsey laying on the over the top affection....kissing her hands and head, rubbing her back, Eskimo kisses, saying I love yous....the lot. Its seldom Stevie being 'sloppy datey'. That's what sets the shippers off, as he's the married one so it doesn't make sense why he is so much more intimate than her?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:18 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But the way they(those fans) lap that sh*t up makes me want to vomit! On the fans who lap, AND Stevie and Lindsey as well! Stop acting like IDIOTS!
Oh, I agree. Just saying that I canít totally blame people for buying into something they were actively selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I disagree, I always see it as Lindsey laying on the over the top affection....kissing her hands and head, rubbing her back, Eskimo kisses, saying I love yous....the lot. Its seldom Stevie being 'sloppy datey'. That's what sets the shippers off, as he's the married one so it doesn't make sense why he is so much more intimate than her?
Maybe in 1997, but not so much on the 2009 and 2013 tours. He seemed to be begrudgingly playing along, at least to me. Notice how heís been kind of quiet about Stevie since Christine came back.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-19-2018, 02:14 AM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Maybe in 1997, but not so much on the 2009 and 2013 tours. He seemed to be begrudgingly playing along, at least to me. Notice how heís been kind of quiet about Stevie since Christine came back.
Did you see any footage of the 2015 Australian and NZ tour particularly during Landslide and Sara....Lindsey was a horny teenager!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-19-2018, 11:02 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I donít think itís a matter of fansí sanity, I think the Stevie-Lindsey drama became the primary storyline used to market the band since it was clear Christine was done at the conclusion of the project. Otherwise, THIS picture wouldnít have been one of the primary images used to market ďThe Dance.Ē




I think Lindsey didnít dig it, but played along for the sake of the band, at least until Christine came back.
It's an interesting point because you had a few fans that were absolutely enraged when Christine came back. And felt she completely ruined SNL relationship.

The marketing worked. I would read hate posts on a B/N page about Christine. It was quite hilarious.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-19-2018, 03:58 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Did you see any footage of the 2015 Australian and NZ tour particularly during Landslide and Sara....Lindsey was a horny teenager!
He bit her shoulder on the 2013 Nashville concert and Stevie didn't even blink. On the 2015 NZ concert (the last of the tour) their goodbye after the last song was out of a love movie.

I don't think Lindsey was playing along.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-19-2018, 04:36 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's an interesting point because you had a few fans that were absolutely enraged when Christine came back. And felt she completely ruined SNL relationship.

The marketing worked. I would read hate posts on a B/N page about Christine. It was quite hilarious.
Yes, and I remember at that time some turd posted a YouTube video claiming Christine was a 70 year old transvestite who wormed her way back into the band and brought it down.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-19-2018, 05:25 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Did you see any footage of the 2015 Australian and NZ tour particularly during Landslide and Sara....Lindsey was a horny teenager!
doesn't he often behave like a horny teenager though? i mean, big love grunts? guitarbation? ISA solo faces and poses? Come performances (and lyrics including the title in the first place!)?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-19-2018, 05:48 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
doesn't he often behave like a horny teenager though? i mean, big love grunts? guitarbation? ISA solo faces and poses? Come performances (and lyrics including the title in the first place!)?

Ha! I agree.... He is very 'highly sexed' isn't he?!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-19-2018, 05:50 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Ha! I agree.... He is very 'highly sexed' isn't he?!
Lucky Mrs Buckingham...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-19-2018, 06:30 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I donít think itís a matter of fansí sanity, I think the Stevie-Lindsey drama became the primary storyline used to market the band since it was clear Christine was done at the conclusion of the project. Otherwise, THIS picture wouldnít have been one of the primary images used to market ďThe Dance.Ē


I love this picture. It's very sweet.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-26-2018, 02:06 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I'm bumping this because it's fascinating to watch this again knowing all we know now. This is the night of Musicares, and when asked what the band will be doing next, Stevie stumbles ever so slightly and then says she doesn't know. That she's going off to Hawaii for 2 months because she's tired, she's just done 70 shows on her solo tour and she doesn't know what the band will be doing but they're all "free" going forward.

Now square this with the post-firing of Lindsey where they insist they had the tour all set and ready to go.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-26-2018, 02:56 AM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm bumping this because it's fascinating to watch this again knowing all we know now. This is the night of Musicares, and when asked what the band will be doing next, Stevie stumbles ever so slightly and then says she doesn't know. That she's going off to Hawaii for 2 months because she's tired, she's just done 70 shows on her solo tour and she doesn't know what the band will be doing but they're all "free" going forward.

Now square this with the post-firing of Lindsey where they insist they had the tour all set and ready to go.
Question....Was the Eagles track "Lyin' eyes" written about Stevie by any chance....?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-26-2018, 05:56 AM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 482
Default

Stumble stumble stumble, "uhhhhh, what do I say?"

Very interesting now in retrospect.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-26-2018, 07:03 AM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm bumping this because it's fascinating to watch this again knowing all we know now. This is the night of Musicares, and when asked what the band will be doing next, Stevie stumbles ever so slightly and then says she doesn't know. That she's going off to Hawaii for 2 months because she's tired, she's just done 70 shows on her solo tour and she doesn't know what the band will be doing but they're all "free" going forward.

Now square this with the post-firing of Lindsey where they insist they had the tour all set and ready to go.
True this interview in hindsight is hilarious and adds to the the band is lying story, which people seem to care way too much about.
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved