The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2018, 01:29 AM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 612
Default What can we realistically expect from this band at this point?

What do you think we can realistically expect from Fleetwood Mac at this point in time?

If I'm honest and not optimistic but realistic, this is what I expect:
- Lindsey solo album in April 2018 and short US tour
- Fleetwood Mac cash grab greatest hits world tour September 2018 - December 2019 (with a break of two or three months between continents)
- If we're lucky, Buckingham McVie II and another duo tour
- No final Fleetwood Mac album
- A greatest hits retrospective Fleetwood Mac album, maybe including four new tunes
- No new music from Stevie, not even solo (maybe another vault songs album but to me that doesn't count as new music)
- No solo album from Christine
- Mick to continue playing with his blues band
- John maybe to retire from touring before the rest of the band
- 2018-2019 tour will be the last one

What do you guys expect? Keen to hear your thoughts on this one!

Cheers

James
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 02-16-2018, 05:09 AM
lbfan lbfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 448
Default Lindsey Solo CD

Lindsey’s solo CD is likely to be delayed (well, probably because a record company is involved and they have delusions of grandeur that it can become a Fleetwood Mac CD). We may see a “Best of” collection from Warner’s for Lindsey’s solo work before we see the solo CD. Hopefully he tours solo this summer before the Mac tour gears up.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-16-2018, 06:13 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,409
Default

I hate it when people refer to tours as "Cash grabs." Bands go on the road and the supply/demand dictates the ticket prices. They would get bashed for not touring and when they still can for a final act, I don't think its fair to call it a cash grab.
Having said that, I believe this big world tour will be near the end of the road for the band.
I think Stevie will do another solo tour 2020? I don't believe the Mac will record again. I think Lindsey and Christine may do another album but I don't think they will tour.
I think the band may reunite for a few appearances here and there but no more touring.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2018, 10:45 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,859
Default

Lindsey will keep making music, as long as there are labels willing to put it out--and there are.

I think another BuckVie is a BIG possibility.

Anything else is a dream, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2018, 11:05 AM
AnthonyMI AnthonyMI is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Chicago
Posts: 725
Default

Sadly I think Stevie is in full Miss Havishan mode (only wearing black and not her white wedding dress) and will forever be living in and off her past. Now that atom is gone and her parents and no family or love life for some time (that we know of) she’s a bit of a Debbie Downer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2018, 02:35 PM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I hate it when people refer to tours as "Cash grabs." Bands go on the road and the supply/demand dictates the ticket prices. They would get bashed for not touring and when they still can for a final act, I don't think its fair to call it a cash grab.
Having said that, I believe this big world tour will be near the end of the road for the band.
I think Stevie will do another solo tour 2020? I don't believe the Mac will record again. I think Lindsey and Christine may do another album but I don't think they will tour.
I think the band may reunite for a few appearances here and there but no more touring.
"Cash Grab" isn't in reference to them touring, or the price of tickets, it's the lack of any new material for the tour to support.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-16-2018, 03:04 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
"Cash Grab" isn't in reference to them touring, or the price of tickets, it's the lack of any new material for the tour to support.
LOL Hello! (Waving)
One band member refused to record or make new music. The rest of the band would have went on the road to promote new music. If its a no go with new music, lets not have them just sit around. Lets have them play at least one more time.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-16-2018, 03:31 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
LOL Hello! (Waving)
One band member refused to record or make new music. The rest of the band would have went on the road to promote new music. If its a no go with new music, lets not have them just sit around. Lets have them play at least one more time.
I wonder how things might have panned out differently had they made a different decision when Chris rejoined.
They decided to do another big tour straight away- I'm sure Mick & Lindsey had hoped Chris rejoining would have led Stevie to immediately record an album straight after that tour.
Stevie always talks about her solo-Fleetwood Mac-solo-Fleetwood Mac cycle. Had they used that window to do an album, surely Stevie would have had no choice but to do an at least a short tour to support it. Perhaps we could have had an album and tour at that point rather than just one big, long tour.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2018, 03:23 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,654
Default

You know what...? I don't think an album and then a tour is unrealistic at this point. I really never thought it would happen but I think there is a chance. It sounds like Lindsey's album has been postponed or shelved. Stevie says 'I'm going to Hawaii for a couple of months and then...well I have no plans'.

If Lindsey's album is rolled into a Fleetwood Mac album I'd be annoyed for him. Of course I'd personally prefer a Fleetwood Mac album but I'm annoyed he's pushed for a FM record for nearly 10 years and then just because her majesty might be ready he'd be expected to put the band first.

Mind you, Lindsey's position has changed over the past 20 years. 20-30 years ago he was all for the small machine. Now things are different due to his family. Its not that he wants to make money (he doesn't need it), I think its more the case he likes his family to see him as the big rock star. He's proud of his wife and kids seeing him being in the limelight.

Anyway, I do think a chance for one last album might be back on the table. Stevie's done her solo thing and I think she's genuinely ready for Fleetwood Mac...and I think she could be prepping for the band to go out in a big way.

I think there is a genuine chance of them recording together in May-June-July with a tour starting late 2018. They could return to recording in 2019 at some point.

On balance- is this likely? possibly not...but I certainly don't think its unrealistic.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2018, 06:22 AM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You know what...? I don't think an album and then a tour is unrealistic at this point. I really never thought it would happen but I think there is a chance. It sounds like Lindsey's album has been postponed or shelved. Stevie says 'I'm going to Hawaii for a couple of months and then...well I have no plans'.

If Lindsey's album is rolled into a Fleetwood Mac album I'd be annoyed for him. Of course I'd personally prefer a Fleetwood Mac album but I'm annoyed he's pushed for a FM record for nearly 10 years and then just because her majesty might be ready he'd be expected to put the band first.

Mind you, Lindsey's position has changed over the past 20 years. 20-30 years ago he was all for the small machine. Now things are different due to his family. Its not that he wants to make money (he doesn't need it), I think its more the case he likes his family to see him as the big rock star. He's proud of his wife and kids seeing him being in the limelight.

Anyway, I do think a chance for one last album might be back on the table. Stevie's done her solo thing and I think she's genuinely ready for Fleetwood Mac...and I think she could be prepping for the band to go out in a big way.

I think there is a genuine chance of them recording together in May-June-July with a tour starting late 2018. They could return to recording in 2019 at some point.

On balance- is this likely? possibly not...but I certainly don't think its unrealistic.
You know what? If the choice is between a Lindsey solo record and a Fleetwood Mac record, then I want Fleetwood Mac. And I don't think it would take a whole year to record a new Fleetwood Mac album. I mean, didn't Stevie record 16 songs in six weeks in Nashville? If so, surely the Mac can record a dozen new songs in three months from May to the end of July, right?

Lindsey clearly already has at least ten songs in the can. Pretty sure Chris would have leftover material from the latest Fleetwood Mac album, oh sorry, I mean the Buckingham McVie album, of course. That said, I wish Mick and John had the balls to join Chris and Linds on their tour. They played on all ten tracks, for ****'s sake.

What will be the last full length Fleetwood Mac album? It will technically be Say You Will, but in reality it will be Buckingham McVie.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$99.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureDENNIS WILSON candid PHOTO rare pic taken by Geo Emmel JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac
$44.0
DENNIS WILSON candid PHOTO rare pic taken by Geo Emmel JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac picture1977 Press Photo John McVie Drummer of Fleetwood Mack. - lrx01220
$24.88
1977 Press Photo John McVie Drummer of Fleetwood Mack. - lrx01220 pictureWire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Wire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac picturePress Photo Rock Bass Player John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Press Photo Rock Bass Player John McVie of Fleetwood Mac picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved