The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:17 AM
Ledgie

Question Any advice for a newbie in the 3rd row?

Hey guys,

I'm about to experience my second ever Fleetwood Mac show, the first being the Unleashed tour in 2009. I know some things have changed since then, and I'm not a regular concert goer, so I have some newbish questions that I hope you all can help me with.

Is the setlist shown on Wikipedia accurate? No changes have been made?

Is security strict on picture taking? I assume smartphones are allowed? How about small cameras?

Do they still play the cricket sound right before the show starts?

How has security been so far with allowing people to stand at the stage? In 3rd row, do I have a good chance of being allowed up?

I've read about the issue with girls being ushered up on Lindsey's side, is that still happening? How is it on Stevie's side?

What if I decide to go back to my seat? Should I expect to see someone in it?

Does Lindsey still go over to the fans on Stevie's side? When does he usually do so? Does he still let fans touch the guitar?

Finally, is there anything else I should know?

Thanks so much for your patience, and for any advice/answers you can give.

I can't wait!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As long as you don't have a professional camera with a big lens you're probably fine on the photo gront.

Yes they play the crickets.

You'll be able to get to the stage. As soon as the lights go down just briskly walk on up there. Shouldn't have an issue unless security is abnormally strict at this particular venue for some reason. But they're not going to like come around and be like, "Okay, you can go up now." You just have to do it on your own - they probably won't stop you and if they do just wait a few seconds because soon enough everyone else will be running up to and there's nothing they'll be able to do lol.

Don't worry about the "girls being ushered to the front thing." They might be but it shouldn't affect your concert experience unless you allow it to. Stake out the spot you want and don't leave it.

IMO, if you're gonna stand at the stage, it's a better bet to stand in front of Lindsey because he's much more likely to interact with you, if that's the kind of thing you're interested in. If you just want a good view of Stevie or Christine or whoever else, then position yourself appropriately to make that possible.

I doubt anyone will be in your seat if you decide to go back, and if they are... just tell them to move. It's your seat.

Lindsey moves around the stage during certain solos and he usually lets people touch the guitar during GYOW.

Have fun & don't stress out about it. You'll have a great time!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHappens View Post
Hey guys,

I'm about to experience my second ever Fleetwood Mac show, the first being the Unleashed tour in 2009. I know some things have changed since then, and I'm not a regular concert goer, so I have some newbish questions that I hope you all can help me with.

Is the setlist shown on Wikipedia accurate? No changes have been made?

Is security strict on picture taking? I assume smartphones are allowed? How about small cameras?

Do they still play the cricket sound right before the show starts?

How has security been so far with allowing people to stand at the stage? In 3rd row, do I have a good chance of being allowed up?

I've read about the issue with girls being ushered up on Lindsey's side, is that still happening? How is it on Stevie's side?

What if I decide to go back to my seat? Should I expect to see someone in it?

Does Lindsey still go over to the fans on Stevie's side? When does he usually do so? Does he still let fans touch the guitar?

Finally, is there anything else I should know?

Thanks so much for your patience, and for any advice/answers you can give.

I can't wait!
Bring ear plugs,just in case it is too loud. Are you going to the Knoxville show?
Old 03-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Congrats on the seats! You'll love it, I'm sure.

Advice? Well, more like a favor: can you bring a cloth banner that says "We Want a New Album" to unfurl and hold up several times during the show?
Old 03-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just take it all in for yourself. You may never get that chance again. There will be lots of video available, so just enjoy it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My advice is that you should be less concerned with filming and taking pictures. Be present and experience the show instead of documenting it.

I see so many people at shows focusing on their phones, and they are missing the moment. Why sacrifice that precious time? Though I appreciate the big screens (especially for those fans is the nosebleed seats). It must be a little disconcerting for the band members to see the fans in the front seats holding their phones in front of their faces, instead of just watching the show.

I miss the days before technology invaded the experience and we got so "smart" with our smart phones. We use to show our appreciation by holding up our bic lighters when weren't using them to light the joint we shared. It was always about living in the moment and the music, and not about wanting capture footage to post on your social media page.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-08-2015 at 11:49 PM..