The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So we’ve got that, and now the missing piece is just Stevie. The tour, and the rehearsals for the tour, had already begun, so, like I say, it’s been a little bit piecemeal. But I think it’s going to be incredible when we finish it. We’ve got quite a bit left to do touring-wise, and then we will sit down and try to formulate some kind of a plan. This is one of the differences between us and someone like the Eagles — I admire the fact that they always seem to know what they want, why they want it, and the all want it at the same time. And we are really just the opposite politically. It’s a wild animal and it’s hard to pin everybody down for a common vision.It’s kind of always been that way, but it’s a little more disparate now than it was back in the day because everyone sort of wended through their particular journey.

This does not sound like everyone on the same page.

"it's hard to pin everybody down for a common vision"

After the tour "we'll sit down and try and formulate some kind of plan"

It all adds up to different people in the band have different ideas of what will happen next and they've kind of deferred getting into it until after the tour so they get through the tour with some sort of tranquility.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

So we’ve got that, and now the missing piece is just Stevie. The tour, and the rehearsals for the tour, had already begun, so, like I say, it’s been a little bit piecemeal. But I think it’s going to be incredible when we finish it. We’ve got quite a bit left to do touring-wise, and then we will sit down and try to formulate some kind of a plan. This is one of the differences between us and someone like the Eagles — I admire the fact that they always seem to know what they want, why they want it, and the all want it at the same time. And we are really just the opposite politically. It’s a wild animal and it’s hard to pin everybody down for a common vision.It’s kind of always been that way, but it’s a little more disparate now than it was back in the day because everyone sort of wended through their particular journey.

This does not sound like everyone on the same page.

"it's hard to pin everybody down for a common vision"

After the tour "we'll sit down and try and formulate some kind of plan"

It all adds up to different people in the band have different ideas of what will happen next and they've kind of deferred getting into it until after the tour so they get through the tour with some sort of tranquility.
Yeah this is what it sounds like to me too. He doesn't put any kind of time table on it or say definitely what will happen after the tour. Lindsey has been consistent in his desire to record an album and I think he plans to do that. He's not making any other plans following this tour. Sometimes things don't go as planned though and the whole band has to agree on it for it to happen. And it doesn't sound like that has taken place yet.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
iBut we locked in with a vengeance and did some of the most creative and beautiful stuff I think we’ve ever done together.

But I think it’s going to be incredible when we finish it.

Seem to remember the same things said about Say You Will (and just about everything they've ever done). And, how long did THOSE songs stay in the set?? What's that?? Speak up, please, I can't hear you. Yeah, exactly....1 tour.

If the material was/is so damned good, play the f-ing songs. NOW! Tomorrow or later isn't guaranteed for anybody and considering age factors and lifestyles that they had at a certain point, no doubt had some life shortening effects, even though they might be taking care of themselves nowdays, the damage has been done.

So, in the words of Larry The Cable Guy..."GIT 'ER DONE!"
Old 03-01-2015, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great interview. Articulate, succinct and interesting answers - and most of all drama free, which makes a nice change . I love the way the interviewer kept on with his/her questions about the new material. Really enjoyed reading this - thanks for posting

Last edited by MoonSister75; 03-01-2015 at 05:20 AM..
Old 03-01-2015, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Seem to remember the same things said about Say You Will (and just about everything they've ever done). And, how long did THOSE songs stay in the set?? What's that?? Speak up, please, I can't hear you. Yeah, exactly....1 tour.

If the material was/is so damned good, play the f-ing songs. NOW! Tomorrow or later isn't guaranteed for anybody and considering age factors and lifestyles that they had at a certain point, no doubt had some life shortening effects, even though they might be taking care of themselves nowdays, the damage has been done.

So, in the words of Larry The Cable Guy..."GIT 'ER DONE!"
Well, to be fair, 'Say Goodbye' was played on the SYW tour *and* the 2013 tour
Old 03-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and…..the burned bridges make their reappearance!
I wish an interviewer would say, "So, you burned your bridges" to Christine. I think she would not necessarily disagree, but would have something rather arch to say in response, nonetheless.

Michele
Old 03-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wish an interviewer would say, "So, you burned your bridges" to Christine. I think she would not necessarily disagree, but would have something rather arch to say in response, nonetheless.

Michele
She'd probably say she thought LA was going to burn I'm hellfire anyway...
Old 03-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

excerpt from the same interview, on Classic Rock, with a nice pic from Today Show taping:

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news...ce=twitterfeed

MCVIE ‘COMPLETES’ FLEETWOOD MAC PICTURE

NEWS / SCOTT MUNRO / 02 MAR 2015

Lindsey Buckingham says having Christine back in the fold brings a better balance to the band

Fleetwood Mac mainman Lindsey Buckingham says having keyboardist Christine McVie back in the fold makes them a more ‘complete’ band.

And he reveals that although they worked well together as a four-piece when McVie left 17 years ago, they’re in a better place with her back in the lineup.

He tells Austin 360: “When she left, we took a little bit of time off and then went in the studio to make an album back in 2003. And we’ve done a number of successful tours, business wise and I’d say artistically as a four-piece.

“The only difference, really, is that Stevie Nicks is sort of at one end of the spectrum. She’s representing one pole, I’m representing the other end of that, and Christine is somewhere in the middle.

“So I think that the body of work speaks more eloquently. With her inclusion in it and her songs in there, suddenly you’ve got a more complete landscape. And I think her songs help inform my songs and Stevie’s."

And he also says her return has made for a lighter atmosphere and that Nicks especially missed having her around.

Buckingham continues: “You’ve got to talk about just the fact that I think on some level, Stevie missed having her gal pal – and that’s been great.

“It kind of lightens things up again, because if there’s a polarity musically between Stevie and me, there’s also a bit of a polarity politically or socially, given our history. So it fills in that as well.

"We did great as a four-piece, but I think it’s a more complete picture when Christine is there.”

Fleetwood Mac are working on a new album which is due for release later this year and they head out on the road across the UK and Ireland starting in May:

May 27: London O2 Arena

May 28: London O2 Arena

Jun 08: Birmingham Genting Arena

Jun 09: Birmingham Genting Arena

Jun 12: Manchester Arena

Jun 14: Isle Of Wight festival

Jun 16: Glasgow SSE Hydro

Jun 17: Glasgow SSE Hydro

Jun 20: Dublin 3Arena

Jun 22: London O2 Arena

Jun 24: London O2 Arena

Jun 26: London O2 Arena

Jun 27: London O2 Arena

Jun 30: Leeds First Direct Arena

Jul 01: Manchester Arena

Jul 04: Birmingham Genting Arena

Jul 05: Leeds First Direct Arena

Jul 08: Glasgow SSE Hydro

Jul 10: Dublin 3Arena

Jul 11: Dublin 3Arena

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Translation. We only did one album because we don't work well together, anymore. We need a buffer between Stevie and I, especially politically. We didn't make as much money without Christine, but we did ok.

The harmonies and arrangements are much more interesting with Christine's bluesy funky riffs and it informs the complete catalog and landscape.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Translation. We only did one album because we don't work well together, anymore. We need a buffer between Stevie and I, especially politically. We didn't make as much money without Christine, but we did ok.

The harmonies and arrangements are much more interesting with Christine's bluesy funky riffs and it informs the complete catalog and landscape.
While I enjoyed the SYW album and the 4 song EP, "Fleetwood Mac" need to have an album with all 5 of them at this point or don't do it at all. I feel that way especially after this reunion tour. Why get the fans' hopes up?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

Amusingly, 'buffer' was the exact word Stevie used back in 2009 when they were touring and she said they DIDN'T need one.

"As far as having another girl in the band, after we (talked with Crow) we really realized that there wasn't going to be another woman to come in this band that was going to fix our problems. I was looking at it three years ago as a buffer between me and Lindsey. And Lindsey and I don't need a buffer, because certainly Sheryl Crow and not any other woman in this world (is) going to be able to get in the middle of Lindsey and me. So the fact is, is that if Lindsey and I can't work out our problems by ourselves, we might as well throw in the towel. So that's what we are currently trying to do, is work out our own problems."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-02-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Amusingly, 'buffer' was the exact word Stevie used back in 2009 when they were touring and she said they DIDN'T need one.

"As far as having another girl in the band, after we (talked with Crow) we really realized that there wasn't going to be another woman to come in this band that was going to fix our problems. I was looking at it three years ago as a buffer between me and Lindsey. And Lindsey and I don't need a buffer, because certainly Sheryl Crow and not any other woman in this world (is) going to be able to get in the middle of Lindsey and me. So the fact is, is that if Lindsey and I can't work out our problems by ourselves, we might as well throw in the towel. So that's what we are currently trying to do, is work out our own problems."
I remember that. She flip flops so much, she has a hard time keeping her stories straight.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

Interesting interview and at least there was more mention of the new material. But I want someone to straight up point out to him that Stevie hasn't mentioned the new album at all and ask why (or why he thinks) that is specifically. I'm tired of all the dodging an skirting.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
Interesting interview and at least there was more mention of the new material. But I want someone to straight up point out to him that Stevie hasn't mentioned the new album at all and ask why (or why he thinks) that is specifically. I'm tired of all the dodging an skirting.
talk to people who have been to Mick's m&gs. he gets asked that question straight up every time, apparently.

his answer, the last time 2 days ago in Austin, was that Stevie is not on board and apparently he didn't give an impression she will ever even be. they are looking at their options (i.e., as LB says in this interview "we will sit down and try to formulate some kind of a plan"). somebody who was there can correct me since i was not, this is just what i've heard from several people.

in interviews, it makes sense that they are more diplomatic and leave the door open for it to truly be "a beautiful last act" instead of just further continuation of not all band members wanting the same thing at the same and it being "a little more disparate now than it was back in the day, because everyone sort of wended through their particular journey".

this new LB interview is actually pretty clear if you read just a tiny bit between the lines.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

this new LB interview is actually pretty clear if you read just a tiny bit between the lines.
Aren't we all tired of having to read between the lines though?