User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rosemont, IL - 2/14/15

My photos from tonight: https://plus.google.com/photos/11640...59043747520977

There were roses in vases in several places on the stage. Lindsey gave Chris and Stevie a rose, and Mick handed a bunch out to the front row to be distributed. Happy Valentine's Day!
Old 02-15-2015, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Brilliant! Thanks for the photos, especially so quickly! Really appreciate it and, as always, great shots.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-15-2015, 05:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you so, so much for the photos. I made it but had this insane night where I managed to forget my phone, wallet, and camera!!!! Used my friends iPhone but I'm under 5' and was row 33 on the floor, had I had my camera with its incredible zoom lens and HD video capacity, I'm sure I could've gotten great shots.... And don't get me started on traffic and you probably missed out on the parking fiasco... Wow... I swear it was Friday the 13th or something. Everything that could go wrong did for me. But we showed up after something like 2.5hrs on the road that should've been only 30mins (and we left with so much time to spare!) and did score floor seats we bought on the spot from the box office. That worked out at least! And I had a blast! My friend was so incredibly generous too, were both on vacation and his finances are tight so the original plan was I would buy but not only did he buy, he let me pick up two shirts and a poster (so happy for the poster, post show in Detroit they were all sold out). Granted Im paying him back but wow, so kind.

Would you mind if I were to print some of your photos for my own personal use? I'm a bit of a scrapbooker and have been wanting to make a really cool book of photos from concerts I've been to, favorite lyrics, etc, so completely private use. No idea when I will even get around to it but seriously should I even happen to share any photos of my scrapbook once it's made that show your pics, I will even give you credit. I know you posted them publicly anyway but just wanted to be polite and ask. I'm so grateful and after I cried over the forgotten camera, I finally calmed down realizing undoubtedly someone would share photos here.

Will try and remember to add my thoughts later, I'm exhausted. Somehow medical issues and all (and Im in ridiculously poor health, honestly) I managed to dance and sing at the top of my lungs and have a blast. Floor seats were fun though I couldn't see the band much of the time due to my height. Met a bunch of hardcore fans. In fact I kept wondering if the woman in front of me might be a Ledgie. I was tiny redhead in Stevie clothes in row 33 (seat numbers were all screwy and we moved when people left and never quite got our actual seats) anyway woman was probably 40's, with at least two men on either side of her. She kept smiling back at me and seemed even more fueled by my enthusiasm. Half wanted to slide into her row and dance with her. Anyway, on the off chance she ever sees this, thanks. You fueled me too. And not everyone was necessarily happy with my loud singing so, you helped make it more fun! I really wish I could've thanked her honestly, and I don't know, no one here knows what I actually look like so probably wasn't a Ledgie but she should be, her and I were the near constant singers and dancers in our area, knew the set list and all. Anyway, female fan in front of me, you rock!

Totally would love to try and meet some Ledgies at a future show. Im a naturally very enthusiastic sort of person, figure the other diehards would enjoy my company, as I would them. Even my friend told me I'm more fun than the actual concert. :P

So I guess I'm feeling pretty darn happy inspite of everything.

BTW, maybe it was just where I was sitting but what did everyone else think of the volume? Lowest volume of the three shows I went to and seems the bass was a bit low at first but improved. (I'm in love with Mac bass lines. John inspired me to start learning bass! I basically only know how to play a few Mac songs.)

Anyway, I had a blast. Though curious about anyone else who got caught in the traffic and parking insanity... Easily up to half of the concert goers were totally screwed and way late like us, it was wild. Bad wild.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh and funny tidbit- at the end of GDW from what I saw on the screens, someone totally grabbed Stevie's shawl and she had to yank it back hard. It was kind of amusing.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Ledgie

I was one of those caught in the crazy traffic! And I left an hour and a half before the show thinking that'd be plenty of time. I was wrong.

The traffic was horrendous! They need better traffic cops. So I ended up having to park across the arena, which was free, but had to hike it over in the freezing cold. I mean subzero temps! Longest walk ever! They had a shuttle bus but there was no way I'd be waiting out in the cold just to wait for that bus to arrive.

Anyways, obviously I was late. Heard The Chain playing as they scanned my ticket. Then during YMLF, I was trying to find my seat. Finally got to my seat and sat down. It probably took me another two songs to just unfreeze & relax.

And I tried to record audio but my digital recorder decided to not cooperate with me! So mad! Hopefully someone recorded the whole show because I must say, FM sounded incredible last night! The best I've heard them in awhile.

Now let me see what I can remember...

The energy was great from the crowd. I know my section of 204 was having a blast. After Stevie thanked American Horror Story for Seven Wonders' return to the set, Lindsey said this next song wasn't in AHS. Lol it was a funny moment.

I did manage to video tape Stevie's crackhead GDW dance. Seriously I was looking forward to it so much and she did not disappoint.

Lindsey gave Christine and Stevie a rose at end of the show.

Ok it's early right now and I gotta head out but I'll try and post some more later.

Great show!!!!!
Old 02-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Queenie View Post
Lindsey gave Christine and Stevie a rose at end of the show.
video of that moment here:
https://twitter.com/mrpapageorgioOO/...33160580001793

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2015, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got in! Was worried since someone tagged themselves in my seat. As soon as I got there, I recognized the woman sitting in the seat next to me as the one that tagged herself. I told her that I was floor 3, row 11, seat 11 and she said she and her husband had seat 11 and 12, but actually had 12 and 13. We're staring at each other, and the husband finally says "do you want us to move?". I decided to just take seat 13 rather than us get tangled up (seats were very close together). Not sure if my view would have been better or worse if I had switched since there were about three 6'6" men in the rows ahead (I'm 5'3"). Oh, and future note for anyone who goes to shows at AllState- the seating chart shows there's an aisle between rows 10 and 11, but there isn't. Entire reason I bought row 11 was so I wouldn't have tall people in front of me. But the tickets worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
BTW, maybe it was just where I was sitting but what did everyone else think of the volume? Lowest volume of the three shows I went to and seems the bass was a bit low at first but improved. (I'm in love with Mac bass lines. John inspired me to start learning bass! I basically only know how to play a few Mac songs.)
I thought Lindsey's guitar was a bit low at times. I forgot which song (maybe ISA?) but I was thinking that I heard Mick much more than him. I was deaf after the show (not in a bad way though).

I know what you mean! I started taking guitar lessons last year due to my love of Lindsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCast ASpell View Post
Anyway, I had a blast. Though curious about anyone else who got caught in the traffic and parking insanity... Easily up to half of the concert goers were totally screwed and way late like us, it was wild. Bad wild.
Quote:
I was one of those caught in the crazy traffic! And I left an hour and a half before the show thinking that'd be plenty of time. I was wrong.

The traffic was horrendous! They need better traffic cops. So I ended up having to park across the arena, which was free, but had to hike it over in the freezing cold. I mean subzero temps! Longest walk ever! They had a shuttle bus but there was no way I'd be waiting out in the cold just to wait for that bus to arrive.
I was one of the shuttle bus people. I took the first one up there and was glad I did. I had to wait about 15 minutes, but that was my fault for getting up there that early. They started loading at 6:45pm, which I was very happy about. I didn't have to wait for one on the way back, caught it just in time. It was caught up in traffic like all the cars though.

Quote:
The energy was great from the crowd. I know my section of 204 was having a blast. After Stevie thanked American Horror Story for Seven Wonders' return to the set, Lindsey said this next song wasn't in AHS. Lol it was a funny moment.
I laughed at this too. Couple other moments- when Lindsey was introducing Big Love, and talking about hard times that he was going through at the time, someone in the audience screamed (not sure why) and he said something like "Sounds like that person is going through those times now". And when they went to start GYOW, it sounded like they accidentally started Rhiannon again (edit: now that I think about it, I think it was GDW they accidentally started again). Lindsey had to go over and talk to Mick about it. Oh, and of course, Valentine's Day was mentioned a number of times.

Other than the tall people, it was a great show! I'll post my pictures as soon as I have a chance to edit them.

Last edited by Montclare; 02-15-2015 at 08:55 PM..
Old 02-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post

Would you mind if I were to print some of your photos for my own personal use? I'm a bit of a scrapbooker and have been wanting to make a really cool book of photos from concerts I've been to, favorite lyrics, etc, so completely private use. No idea when I will even get around to it but seriously should I even happen to share any photos of my scrapbook once it's made that show your pics, I will even give you credit. I know you posted them publicly anyway but just wanted to be polite and ask. I'm so grateful and after I cried over the forgotten camera, I finally calmed down realizing undoubtedly someone would share photos here.
Sure, go for it! Glad you had a good time, despite the travel issues. I've been to this venue many times and it's always a hassle. The parking lot set-up, there's always construction, etc. I had to be there early for Mick's m&g so I didn't run into traffic problems (I took a cab). Took the shuttle back to the blue line after show and managed to get a cab there. So it worked out pretty well for me.

I really enjoyed the show. Mick and his drum tech Steve (that's his name right?) were having some coordination problems at the beginning of GYOW, which is why they had to start over.

I was really impressed with the crowd. With the bitter cold I figured there's be a lot of empty seats but there weren't.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds like a great show.

I see roses were strewn across Christine's piano too.

That's really funny that Stevie had to yank her shawl back from that person. Of course, it's actually a safety hazard for them to pull it when she has it.

Lindsey's little asides sound hilarious. He does that commenting a lot in his solo shows all of the time.

Those were great pictures Erin and I liked the one of Lindsey and John, touching necks at an odd angle.

Michele
Old 02-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
video of that moment here:
Oh, that's funny. He had to tap Stevie to give her hers. Then, he opened his arms to the crowd before walking off. I hope no one pricked their thumb on a thorn. Roses in Rosemont.

Michele
Old 02-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey's little asides sound hilarious. He does that commenting a lot in his solo shows all of the time.

Those were great pictures Erin and I liked the one of Lindsey and John, touching necks at an odd angle.
yes, also the one of Lindsey bent backwards in front of Christine's keyboards during ISA!

apparently at the start of BL intro he said something like "this song was not on AHS and i'm happy about that!" i love it how off-the-cuff his Big Love intros start these days - like you said, he's much more relaxed and closer to his solo shows off-the-script exchanges with the audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, that's funny. He had to tap Stevie to give her hers. Then, he opened his arms to the crowd before walking off. I hope no one pricked their thumb on a thorn. Roses in Rosemont.
there were some great comments on twitter about it such as:

@standinginaline · 15h 15 hours ago
@mrpapageorgioOO @BUCKlNGHAMNlCKS DO YOU SEE HOW HE TURNS AROUND LIKE WHO DA MAN? IM DA MAN! BYYYYYYYEEEE OMG

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

and then there's this great photo of LB during gypsy intro that Erin took - which speaks for itself

(Erin's original link, i lightened the pic a bit before posting above - https://plus.google.com/photos/11640...77339730749395)

Old 02-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The show was great. I had 8th row.

1. I did not notice the sound issue.

2. When LB gave the roses, Stevie was talking to Christine. He interrupted them, tapped Stevie and she looked at him and said - thank you. I think he opened his arms to the audience because he did not like the way she said Thank you. That is my guess.

3. Christine was mouthing words to so many songs while she was not singing. Love that. Stevie did for Little Lies and Over My Head. LB did it during Rhiannon. I liked it.

4. Stevie was smiling most of the show, which was great. Her energy is amazing.

5. I loved when all sang. Little Lies. SYLM, YMLF, Gold Dust Woman, don't Stop, World Turning. All had amazing harmonies.

6. Crowd on floor stood whole time but for So Afraid. When I saw the actual people up front, I was nervous they would sit. But thankfully they did not.

7. This was my 5th show this tour. They are amazing. Just amazing.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Loving all these tid bits and reviews. Love the energy the band is still displaying. I see them next month in Miami. Cant wait!
Lindsey is being a rebel again with that American Horror Story jab. Very passive aggressive to Stevie and I LOVE IT.
Where did the roses come from and how did they get on top of Chris's piano?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The roses were all there from pre show.

Not sure why LB had to say that about American Horror. Total taking jabs at Stevie. Seriously - she kept this band relevant on her own for a long time. They would not be here today like this without her. Should cut her some slack.