User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Louie...

I've been checking for Dallas this Sunday too and nada. VERY disappointing, but I might keep checking even tomorrow and Sunday morning, although there is 99.9% chance I will not be going at all to this particular tour. I despise seeing concerts here in North Texas as everyone is more concerned about getting drinks and running to the bathroom every 5 seconds. I think we all know how crappy the Fort Worth audience was at Lindsey's Bass Hall show....sans the few of us die-hards.

Was considering going to the Oklahoma City show in March, as I saw Keith Urban there many years ago and it was wonderful, but it depends on ticket availability.

I'm almost to the point where I am just....over it. Seeing arena concerts, I mean. I will definitely be seeing Lindsey when he tours solo again.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For the Pittsburgh show there were at least 2 tickets drops that I saw but they went fast. I think at least 30 tickets in rows 5-10 were showing up about a week before the show and then the day before there were another 10 tickets or so put out there. At my work I have 2 computer screens so I just had ticketmaster up all day and let it refresh which is really the only way to get these good tickets since they were gone in less than a minute.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Junior Ledgie

Got a 3rd row balcony seat earlier today for the Dallas show tonight-- been checking constantly for weeks and there was nothing until today. I'm in the perfect location, side-stage on Lindsey's side. Can't wait!!
Old 12-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish you could just pay someone to check Ticketmaster all day long for tickets for you, looking for newly released seats. I think that would cost less to pay someone to do that, than to pay the stubhub price for tickets.

Michele
Old 12-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wish you could just pay someone to check Ticketmaster all day long for tickets for you, looking for newly released seats. I think that would cost less to pay someone to do that, than to pay the stubhub price for tickets.

Michele
There is a guy who does that for Springsteen tours. He charges $10 per show and sends a text alert as soon as there is a drop. Works great.

PHX dropped a bunch of side stage seats on the morning of the show.

Last edited by FM77; 12-14-2014 at 10:36 PM..
Old 01-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Cleveland ticket drops

Just wanted to let all know that a bunch of tickets just dropped for the Cleveland show, few in the first 10 rows. Found floor 1 row f, good luck to all.

~She wonders how many more hours her heart will feel broken~
Old 01-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vivid Seats and Ticket Liquidator have some good seats for Lincoln well below face. Floor and side stage.

Last edited by FM77; 01-11-2015 at 06:22 PM..
Old 01-14-2015, 08:58 AM
Ledgie

Default Patience Pays Off in Lincoln

My wife and I have great seats to the Kansas City show (center floor, row 18) but we were wanting to take on a second show in Lincoln. Two weeks ago, tickets were going 50% over face value. We just picked up a pair of tickets on the floor, row 16, for $275. That's $275 for the pair!!! We bought them from a nice young man who said wasn't able to attend (he transferred them to us through Ticketmaster). But there seems to be a lot of reasonably priced tickets that are flooding the market.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone told me tickets were just released (Ticketmaster.ca) & lots of them for the Toronto show in rows 6-11 on the floor.

Michele
Old 01-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Registered

$60 for Nassau Coliseum!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Sounds like there's been better luck as far as drops the second leg of the tour? I did Detroit with two family members and due to my own precarious health we bought day of the show and had the first row side stage. It was an interesting experience and I got some cool shots of Lindsey's guitars. But I also had side but not quite so far over in 2013.

I'm going single to Rosemont, IL and I haven't seen anything good yet. I'm going to be in Chicago with my car on a vacation (that I actually rescheduled for the Rosemont show, boy hotels are cheap right now in Chicago but since the show itself is Valentine's Day the hotel prices almost double that night!). But point is I can wait. I'm bummed because the seats I just saw were worse than last week so it has me questioning things.will be my second show of this tour so if I end up off on the side again, I'll deal but both shows I've been on the side, Lindsey's side, so I'm sort of hoping for something better.

What do you all think my chances are of finding something better? I mean yikes, it's still $200 and tax for those far on the side seats so if I'm going to pay $200 again I'd actually like to be able to see the whole band (I couldn't see John at all and only the few songs Christine got up to the mic in the front could I see her, got a fun shot of Steie turned back at Mick with her tambourine but mostly I have everyones backside in my pictures! But that's what the side seats are like if anyone wonders. First show I was on the side but could still see front of the stage, this was ideal and ultimate,y best seats and viewin the house beyond those right up front on the floor!) Anyway I figure since I only want one I have a chance.

Also, do any of you buy from Stubhub? I know I've heard of people being burned though not sure that was actually stubhub or some place else. Have you had good experiences? I've never bought through them for anything though I've had friends get seats to otherwise sold out shows that way so... I just have this huge fear I pay money and show up and get told my ticket is fake or something.

Edited to add- has anyone bought tickets through craigslist for a show in another state? How'd you handle it? I see some floor seats on Craigslist Chicago but I'm in MI until four days before the show so I'm not totally sure how I'd manage that or if these people would actually want to wait until I was in town, suppose I could wait until I'm in the area myself and see what's available.

Last edited by TimeCastASpell; 01-22-2015 at 01:58 PM..
Old 01-22-2015, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got tickets once for one of Lindsey's solo tour shows via stub hub or another site like that. But I think it was stub hub. I got 4th or 5th row, dead center, for less than face value, and I bought the tickets maybe 2-3 days before the show. I think people who have tickets and feel like they are going to loose all their money lower prices once the show gets near. Of course, if people are buying tickets, then that might not happen. I think I had to pick the tickets up at a Fed Ex office or something like that because it was too close to the show date to actually have them delivered. In any case, I was super happy with the tickets and the price. I guess it all comes down to how much risk you are willing to put up with. I saw FM twice during the first part of the tour, so the only way I will go to another show is if I get really good seats for at most face value, which is already really expensive. But if you are worried about not getting tickets, then you probably will be willing to risk less. Good luck

Kevin
Old 01-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Also, do any of you buy from Stubhub? I know I've heard of people being burned though not sure that was actually stubhub or some place else. Have you had good experiences? I've never bought through them for anything though I've had friends get seats to otherwise sold out shows that way so... I just have this huge fear I pay money and show up and get told my ticket is fake or something.

Edited to add- has anyone bought tickets through craigslist for a show in another state? How'd you handle it? I see some floor seats on Craigslist Chicago but I'm in MI until four days before the show so I'm not totally sure how I'd manage that or if these people would actually want to wait until I was in town, suppose I could wait until I'm in the area myself and see what's available.
Regarding Stubhub- I bought my Rosemont ticket through them (above face value though), and was slightly freaked out when I looked at Ticketmaster and saw that someone had tagged themselves as sitting in the seat I had purchased. I called Stubhub and they said the seller I had bought the ticket from was one of their most trusted sellers and that if there is a problem when I get there to call them (I believe they sometimes have representatives at events as well) and that the replacement seat will be as good if not better than the one I bought. Fingers crossed.

I flat out wouldn't trust Craiglist. A lot of legit sellers on there, but there's no guarantee and it's hard to track people down if they do scam you.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Regarding Stubhub- I bought my Rosemont ticket through them (above face value though), and was slightly freaked out when I looked at Ticketmaster and saw that someone had tagged themselves as sitting in the seat I had purchased. I called Stubhub and they said the seller I had bought the ticket from was one of their most trusted sellers and that if there is a problem when I get there to call them (I believe they sometimes have representatives at events as well) and that the replacement seat will be as good if not better than the one I bought. Fingers crossed.

I flat out wouldn't trust Craiglist. A lot of legit sellers on there, but there's no guarantee and it's hard to track people down if they do scam you.
Thanks. I think I'm waiting either way, I get to Chicago on the 10th. As far as being scammed on CL, assuming I say met someone in person and they showed me the ticket, I'm guessing less chance of being scammed then? Honestly I'm sort of asking less for the FM show since there's still some actual seats left and more because I would love to see the Sleater-Kinney reunion tour and they're at the Rivera theatre the Wednesday after FM in Rosemont but that show is long since sold out and stubhub is selling tickets at at least double. Granted that's still cheaper than FM but if I'm shelling out for Mac I'd rather not for SK. I don't know. The idea of actually meeting up with someone at Starbucks or something and seeing the ticket doesn't seem so bad. But really nice to know about Stubhub. definitely helps to know they stand behind their tickets. That makes me feel way better exploring that route. And hey, maybe I'll see you at the show.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:28 AM
Ledgie

As I mentioned above, my wife and I bought two tickets for the Lincoln show, row 16 for $275. Yes, I was skeptical because it seemed like it was too good of deal. Plus, the seller was located in Omaha and we live in the Kansas City area. He transferred them through Ticketmaster. The tickets popped up in my Ticketmaster account with a pay now for $275. It was pretty slick. The tickets were reissued in my name. As I understand it, this type of transfer only works if the tickets were originally purchased through Tickmaster.