User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
I was just thinking about her first 3 albums or so and how this was the same songwriter. Totally agree.
I think Sheryl’s last really good album was 2008 Detours, which was very political. After that, she has been hit or miss but there has not been the consistent quality throughout the albums. Feels Like Home was decent but felt like she was trying to be country.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

I actually liked it also...kind of catchy..
Old 06-10-2019, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I notice that Sheryl is appearing on The Graham Norton show, (BBC UK) on Friday 14th.
As Stevie is in Europe by then.....maybe she’ll join her to performe the new release.

Singing live with Sheryl...maybe.

Last edited by sue; 06-10-2019 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: To add something
Old 06-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw this on the Billboard website today.

Sheryl Crow's "Prove You Wrong," featuring Stevie Nicks and Morris, enters Country Airplay at No. 33 (5.2 million in radio reach). Crow collects her 11th appearance and highest start, while Nicks makes her first appearance. Nicks boasts one entry on Hot Country Songs: "After the Glitter Fades" reached No. 70 (and No. 32 on the Billboard Hot 100) in 1982.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I can’t even hear Stevie on the track. I’m sure that is on purpose.
She sings the second verse.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She sings the second verse.
If Jondalar can't recognize Stevie's "oooh" when he hears it, then I don't really know what to say. It's been ingrained in my own brain since I was on the EO17.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Saw this on the Billboard website today.

Sheryl Crow's "Prove You Wrong," featuring Stevie Nicks and Morris, enters Country Airplay at No. 33 (5.2 million in radio reach). Crow collects her 11th appearance and highest start, while Nicks makes her first appearance. Nicks boasts one entry on Hot Country Songs: "After the Glitter Fades" reached No. 70 (and No. 32 on the Billboard Hot 100) in 1982.
I had always that that Leather and Lace charted on the Billboard country chart as well.. It was a much bigger pop hit. I just can't get into Prove You Wrong .I could only listen to it once.I cannot stop listening to Tanya Tucker's new song from her upcoming album which is mostly written by Brandi Carlile. It is called The Wheels of Laredo and is so raw, poetic and atmospheric that it give me chills
..everything that Prove You Wrong is lacking.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking

This is more in the vein of a Gretchen Wilson, 'Redneck Woman' song. Great for drunk girls at country music fests. But not completely horrible. Just too repetitive.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyinscarlet View Post
This is more in the vein of a Gretchen Wilson, 'Redneck Woman' song. Great for drunk girls at country music fests. But not completely horrible. Just too repetitive.
My post disappeared when the site went offline, so here it goes again. I would like the song more if it were just two of them, preferably Sheryl with Stevie. i guess they needed Maren for Country support. I always feel when there are more than two artists on a track they have to squeeze them all in somehow. I also feel it could be 20-30 seconds shorter as it's too repetitive.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:45 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I can’t even hear Stevie on the track. I’m sure that is on purpose.
It's a catchy song, I love Sheryl and Stevie together..I can understand you don't hear her on the track because I remember you missing both S&L on magnet and steel lol
Old 06-13-2019, 11:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I had always that that Leather and Lace charted on the Billboard country chart as well.. It was a much bigger pop hit. I just can't get into Prove You Wrong .I could only listen to it once.I cannot stop listening to Tanya Tucker's new song from her upcoming album which is mostly written by Brandi Carlile. It is called The Wheels of Laredo and is so raw, poetic and atmospheric that it give me chills
..everything that Prove You Wrong is lacking.
Yess! Tanya deserves her due, she was a true rebel in country music and she has feeling in every song she sings! I like the raspy emotionial singers like Stevie I still like the Sheryl song though
Old 06-14-2019, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrFireflie View Post
It's a catchy song, I love Sheryl and Stevie together..I can understand you don't hear her on the track because I remember you missing both S&L on magnet and steel lol
I'll be honest. I couldn't easily hear my beloved boy on Magnet and Steel either. But, of course, I could hear Stevie. Stevie's voice makes that song, and the same is true of Whenever I Call You Friend. That sappy Loggins mess would never have gotten any notice from me, without her voice.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The very last notes that Stevie sings in the song are exactly the same as the very last notes in Starshine.

Kevin
Old 06-15-2019, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'll be honest. I couldn't easily hear my beloved boy on Magnet and Steel either. But, of course, I could hear Stevie. Stevie's voice makes that song, and the same is true of Whenever I Call You Friend. That sappy Loggins mess would never have gotten any notice from me, without her voice.
Is Stevie really on Magnet and Steal? I can’t her harmonies at all and the song is definitely not a duet.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is Stevie really on Magnet and Steal? I can’t her harmonies at all and the song is definitely not a duet.
Sure she is. I mean, you can almost forget all of her own songs, those background vocals alone (and on Gold) would be enough to make one fall in love with her, before you learned what she is.