User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
If one more person lets me down like quite a few people have in my life recently then I think I'm done with people.

I won't be anybody's doormat any longer.
You know, Jan 2nd, my 2.5 year relationship ended(not my choice), and I was absolutely distraught. Seriously, during all of January and February, I felt like I was dying, I was so depressed over it's end.

Then in March, I finally joined a dating site, and met someone who's NORMAL, without a bunch of crazy, CHILDISH, neurotic character flaws. And OMFG, it's been wonderful!!! I mean even if it doesn't work out...just going out with someone who's normal. It's funny, I think I swept all of the ex's character flaws under the rug, and didn't realize how bad they were, until I started seeing someone who's normal.

It's funny, the relationship I thought I couldn't live without, was broken and irreparable, and I was too in love to see it. I'm now THANKFUL that it's over. It's so nice dating someone who's not a neurotic mess! I'm no longer walking on eggshells, toeing a line. I even fired off a nice email, saying "I hope you're well, and by the way, thanks for breaking up with me...because you really did me a favor(and I did throw in a little jab about how great it was to meet someone who's normal)".

Anyway, my point is, that there are good people out there, you just have to keep looking!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
At 4:30AM friday I woke up and puked. I had the runs at the same time. In between sleeping all day and puking I promised myself if I was still throwing up at 11:00PM I would go to the emergency room. I called everyone I knew to drive me but no one was around so I drove myself in. I got there at 11:30PM and they made me wait 5.5 hours to be seen. The witch behind the intake counter kept saying,"there are people sicker than you that need to be attended to."
I brought my phone and its charger in case I was gonna be there for an overnight stay. A man sitting next to me saw my charger and told me he has the same phone as me and his phone was almost out of power, could he borrow mine to charge it. The plug was in between our chairs and it was the emergency room so naturally I oblidged. At one point I fell asleep in my chair and when I awoke the jerk was gone and he stole my charger.

All they ended up doing for me was giving me some anti puking pills, crackers and gingerale. I could have stayed home and been better off.I have a 24-72 hour flu bug that's making its way around the country. My sister in law has prepared me dinner and my brother is on his way over with it right now. It'll be the first solid food I've had since Thursday night.
Hope that you're starting to feel better Viv. Also, so low of that guy to steal your charger! Especially as you did him a favour and you were clearly not feeling great. Karma will catch up with him.

Last edited by poetinmyheart; 04-14-2012 at 07:18 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Anyway, my point is, that there are good people out there, you just have to keep looking!
I'm holding on to this and hoping that it's true

Old 04-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At 4:30AM friday I woke up and puked. I had the runs at the same time. In between sleeping all day and puking I promised myself if I was still throwing up at 11:00PM I would go to the emergency room. I called everyone I knew to drive me but no one was around so I drove myself in. I got there at 11:30PM and they made me wait 5.5 hours to be seen. The witch behind the intake counter kept saying,"there are people sicker than you that need to be attended to."
I brought my phone and its charger in case I was gonna be there for an overnight stay. A man sitting next to me saw my charger and told me he has the same phone as me and his phone was almost out of power, could he borrow mine to charge it. The plug was in between our chairs and it was the emergency room so naturally I oblidged. At one point I fell asleep in my chair and when I awoke the jerk was gone and he stole my charger.

All they ended up doing for me was giving me some anti puking pills, crackers and gingerale. I could have stayed home and been better off.I have a 24-72 hour flu bug that's making its way around the country. My sister in law has prepared me dinner and my brother is on his way over with it right now. It'll be the first solid food I've had since Thursday night.
Wow.I hope you feel better now.I agree.To many a$$wipes around to screw people.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-15-2012, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You know, Jan 2nd, my 2.5 year relationship ended(not my choice), and I was absolutely distraught. Seriously, during all of January and February, I felt like I was dying, I was so depressed over it's end.

Then in March, I finally joined a dating site, and met someone who's NORMAL, without a bunch of crazy, CHILDISH, neurotic character flaws. And OMFG, it's been wonderful!!! I mean even if it doesn't work out...just going out with someone who's normal. It's funny, I think I swept all of the ex's character flaws under the rug, and didn't realize how bad they were, until I started seeing someone who's normal.

It's funny, the relationship I thought I couldn't live without, was broken and irreparable, and I was too in love to see it. I'm now THANKFUL that it's over. It's so nice dating someone who's not a neurotic mess! I'm no longer walking on eggshells, toeing a line. I even fired off a nice email, saying "I hope you're well, and by the way, thanks for breaking up with me...because you really did me a favor(and I did throw in a little jab about how great it was to meet someone who's normal)".

You have no idea how happy this makes me for you. You're such a fantastic person with so much to offer... why waste it on someone who just doesn't get what you bring to the table?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
I'm holding on to this and hoping that it's true
I sincerely hope that you find it. My mantra for the past 2-3 years has been - NO FEAR. And by that, I mean, no fear of rejection, no "what ifs", no wondering about "maybe if I'd only said something"....

All people can say is no...I'd rather have tried, and been shot down, than go to sleep wondering...(and for the record, I mean NOTHING about "hookups". I mean about finding someone real). OMG, I've finally grown up!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
You have no idea how happy this makes me for you. You're such a fantastic person with so much to offer... why waste it on someone who just doesn't get what you bring to the table?
Thank you, my friend. The past chapter of my life will always be remembered fondly. Really. I have no hard feelings. Especially now that I recognize the finality of it all(after several breakups... I have ZERO interest in going into that trainwreck, again It's really weird, because my love is still 100%, but I now recognize the futility of the situation...).

Thanks again, Louie. You're a fantastic guy as well, and I've always appreciated your kind words. More than you know.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hope that you're starting to feel better Viv. Also, so low of that guy to steal your charger! Especially as you did him a favour and you were clearly not feeling great. Karma will catch up with him.
Thank you for your kind words. Karma will catch up with him. It always does.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Wow.I hope you feel better now.I agree.To many a$$wipes around to screw people.
So I'm back, to the velvet underground...My fever broke as I just slept for 9 solid hours. I'm slowly eating food again and actually went for a 2nd glass of almond milk when I couldn't even stand more than a few sips yesterday.

In the same situation I would lend my charger to anyone who needed it again and again. I won't let one jerk ruin the whole delicious pie.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So I'm back, to the velvet underground...My fever broke as I just slept for 9 solid hours. I'm slowly eating food again and actually went for a 2nd glass of almond milk when I couldn't even stand more than a few sips yesterday.

In the same situation I would lend my charger to anyone who needed it again and again. I won't let one jerk ruin the whole delicious pie.
I'm glad you are feeling better now .Viv.Yes karma will catch up with the charger thief sooner then later.Maybe a pie in his face.LOL.....

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I sincerely hope that you find it. My mantra for the past 2-3 years has been - NO FEAR. And by that, I mean, no fear of rejection, no "what ifs", no wondering about "maybe if I'd only said something"....

All people can say is no...I'd rather have tried, and been shot down, than go to sleep wondering...(and for the record, I mean NOTHING about "hookups". I mean about finding someone real). OMG, I've finally grown up!
See I'm a terrible worrier. I worry what people think, I worry about the consequences...but I hate the thought of 'what ifs.' I need to take a leaf out of your book and try and adopt a no fear approach. It's hard though.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See I'm a terrible worrier. I worry what people think, I worry about the consequences...but I hate the thought of 'what ifs.' I need to take a leaf out of your book and try and adopt a no fear approach. It's hard though.
But "no, I'm not interested", really doesn't hurt that badly. I'd rather have that twinge of pain, going to sleep that night, KNOWING that I tried, than wondering for weeks, "what if I'd only said something?".

I hope you find someone fantastic(assuming that's what you're looking for)!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But "no, I'm not interested", really doesn't hurt that badly. I'd rather have that twinge of pain, going to sleep that night, KNOWING that I tried, than wondering for weeks, "what if I'd only said something?".
Me too. Risk taking is usually a good thing.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Me too. Risk taking is usually a good thing.
I agree. And I've even said to them, "'no' is an acceptable answer!"

No pain, no gain.

The one thing this past relationship did for me, was show me what type of committed, monogamous relationship I want. And I'm now doing my best to follow my new rule - No one under 30!(hey, it's hard...I live in a college town, with an endless supply of 22yo's)
Old 04-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I hope you find someone fantastic(assuming that's what you're looking for)!
Thank you