Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Thank you. You're sweet.

Okay, three very separate JTIS's

1. I really enjoy the days I can pull off not having brushed my hair. For those of you who don't know how I look, I swear it's not like a hobo.

2. You know I like my girl's a little bit older

3. I'm going to dinner with daniellaaarisen tonight

Eww too many emoticons.
Hey, what're you doing with my dani?! (Poor girl - all she ever hears from me are compliments and protectiveness. )
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Hey, what're you doing with my dani?! (Poor girl - all she ever hears from me are compliments and protectiveness. )
...dating her. Sorry, buddy!
You're so like me
Old 06-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I'm all crushed-like inside!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got back from Miami. What a surreal place.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Just got back from Miami. What a surreal place.
Why? Too many red-haired cops with sunglasses?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Maybe in the name of science you could ask this guy to maybe grow a beard too. Just in the name of science, not that we know or have the hots for anyone with blue eyes and dark curly hair that used to have a beard at any time, nope, nope, nope!
Actually, he does have a goatee going, so we're good there. Oh yeah, AND he plays guitar. Score!

Quote:
That's fine with me. Of course, that isn't as bad as this one forum, where a guy thought I was a guy in touch with my feminine side, not a girl. Seriously.

As for going to science, let's consult Zombie and see what she thinks.
Jaycee is a bit young for me, but if he's serious about doing science, perhaps you or one of the other young'uns can do the research? Everybody's happy!

I used to chat in Yahoo chat rooms regularly before they started to suck, and I was constantly being mistaken for a dude. Never got accused of being in touch with my feminine side, though. People would actually ARGUE with me when I would say I was a chick. Eventually, I found it so funny that I put a picture of me in one of my corsets on my profile just to freak them all out.

Quote:
Well thank you. I had typed out a response to you in the color thread about how our two perspectives are never going to meet, and I included a huge Neil Gaiman quote that is pretty much the definition of why I love imagination more than straight facts...but then I thought we shouldn't hijack. Again.
And you read Neil Gaiman, too? Why are we not BFFs yet? This is incredibly remiss of us. Remind me to tell you of my awesome assortment of Gaiman bits some time.

And speaking of red haired guys in shades in Miami, might I present Weebl as Justice Shades?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Actually, he does have a goatee going, so we're good there. Oh yeah, AND he plays guitar. Score!

Jaycee is a bit young for me, but if he's serious about doing science, perhaps you or one of the other young'uns can do the research? Everybody's happy!

I used to chat in Yahoo chat rooms regularly before they started to suck, and I was constantly being mistaken for a dude. Never got accused of being in touch with my feminine side, though. People would actually ARGUE with me when I would say I was a chick. Eventually, I found it so funny that I put a picture of me in one of my corsets on my profile just to freak them all out.

And you read Neil Gaiman, too? Why are we not BFFs yet? This is incredibly remiss of us. Remind me to tell you of my awesome assortment of Gaiman bits some time.

And speaking of red haired guys in shades in Miami, might I present Weebl as Justice Shades?

That was funny with the Weebles, but in the name of science, can you get us a pic of your guy is you get close enough to him? Y'know, just in the name of science?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like this kind of science ohoho

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Psh, you made my Nicksmas Card, well, text, list. It's pretty exclusive. If your 6'0 domanatrix friend dated Neil too, though, we can't be BFF's anymore. I don't like that much jealousy in my friendships.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR STORIES

PS, just finished Star Dust last night.
You're so like me
Old 06-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
That was funny with the Weebles, but in the name of science, can you get us a pic of your guy is you get close enough to him? Y'know, just in the name of science?
If there is a second date, then I will definitely work on that. Fear not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I like this kind of science ohoho

Quote:
Psh, you made my Nicksmas Card, well, text, list. It's pretty exclusive. If your 6'0 domanatrix friend dated Neil too, though, we can't be BFF's anymore. I don't like that much jealousy in my friendships.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR STORIES

PS, just finished Star Dust last night.
That is true, I did make the Nicksmas list, and I was all *SQUEE* over it, because no one else around here cared it was Nicksmas. Plebes.

I will PM you the stories, as they involve friends that don't need me bandying their names about in a public fashion just so I can bond on a forum over Mr. Gaiman. She did not date him, though, so we're safe there.

PS - Did you love Stardust? Did you love Tori being in it?

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 06-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That is true, I did make the Nicksmas list, and I was all *SQUEE* over it, because no one else around here cared it was Nicksmas. Plebes.

I will PM you the stories, as they involve friends that don't need me bandying their names about in a public fashion just so I can bond on a forum over Mr. Gaiman. She did not date him, though, so we're safe there.

PS - Did you love Stardust? Did you love Tori being in it?
As long as she did not date him, we're still good. I'm a little crazy about him. Like, I might be saving up my pennies for the $40,000 he costs for a night. I MEAN LECTURE.

It was such a different piece for him. You could tell he was really focusing on creating a fantasy world, and his own little fairytale, and I honestly thought that he shone in doing so. My one problem with Neil is that he has this tendency to get bogged down in his own details, and he doesn't leave enough to the imagination-- that definitely wasn't a problem here. That said, the characters and plot were obviously not as developed as in, say, American Gods. But who cares?

Oh and she WOULD be a tree. Or, wood nymph turned tree, who was still pretty cute as a wood nymph. She just would.
You're so like me

Last edited by LikeAWillow; 06-09-2010 at 03:52 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Registered

Quote:
As long as she did not date him, we're still good. I'm a little crazy about him. Like, I might be saving up my pennies for the $40,000 he costs for a night. I MEAN LECTURE.

It was such a different piece for him. You could tell he was really focusing on creating a fantasy world, and his own little fairytale, and I honestly thought that he shone in doing so. My one problem with Neil is that he has this tendency to get bogged down in his own details, and he doesn't leave enough to the imagination-- that definitely wasn't a problem here. That said, the characters and plot were obviously not as developed as in, say, American Gods. But who cares?

Oh and she WOULD be a tree. Or, wood nymph turned tree, who was still pretty cute as a wood nymph. She just would.
"But will you find me if Neil makes me a tree?"

I love how much they reference each other in their work. I'm crazy about both of them, and they go together like peanut butter & jelly.

"Smoke & Mirrors" is my all time favorite Gaiman book, but I love Stardust, as well. It's like a perfect little fairy tale, not too overdone, not too underdone. Just right.

But yes, I do not know anyone that has dated him. And I kinda want to smack Amanda Palmer upside the head A LOT. Not because she's dating him, but because she's a horrible person. Every time she opens her mouth, I am just like, "Oh, Neil...what are you DOING?"

Old 06-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"But will you find me if Neil makes me a tree?"

I love how much they reference each other in their work. I'm crazy about both of them, and they go together like peanut butter & jelly.

"Smoke & Mirrors" is my all time favorite Gaiman book, but I love Stardust, as well. It's like a perfect little fairy tale, not too overdone, not too underdone. Just right.

But yes, I do not know anyone that has dated him. And I kinda want to smack Amanda Palmer upside the head A LOT. Not because she's dating him, but because she's a horrible person. Every time she opens her mouth, I am just like, "Oh, Neil...what are you DOING?"
I shall buy Smoke and Mirrors tomorrow then

I'M SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. Ugh. Do you twitter stalk them at all? (God, I'm creepy. There needs to be ledge protection from ME.) He acts like such a school boy about her, which would be adorable, if I didn't think she was so diabolical. It's all a little too She's Your Cocaine for me.
You're so like me
Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered

Quote:
I shall buy Smoke and Mirrors tomorrow then

I'M SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. Ugh. Do you twitter stalk them at all? (God, I'm creepy. There needs to be ledge protection from ME.) He acts like such a school boy about her, which would be adorable, if I didn't think she was so diabolical. It's all a little too She's Your Cocaine for me.
I do follow Neil on Twitter, but not Amanda. I seriously dislike her. She says and does awful things in the name of "being edgy." And, unfortunately, Neil has said some sad things in defense of her when I would have expected better out of him. But I still love Neil's work and admire it greatly, so I can't abandon his ship yet.