The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: which Tusk album side do you like more?
Side 1 20 36.36%
Side 2 13 23.64%
Side 3 7 12.73%
Side 4 15 27.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Side 1, 2, 3 or 4??? Yes... TUSK!!

And now the poll about the favorite vynil lbum side of.. Tusk... Here are the 4 lists:

Side one
1. "Over & Over"
2. "The Ledge"
3. "Think About Me"
4. "Save Me a Place"
5. "Sara"

Side two
1. "What Makes You Think You're the One"
2. "Storms"
3. "That's All for Everyone"
4. "Not That Funny"
5. "Sisters of the Moon"

Side three
1. "Angel"
2. "That's Enough for Me"
3. "Brown Eyes"
4. "Never Make Me Cry"
5. "I Know I'm Not Wrong"

Side four
1. "Honey Hi"
2. "Beautiful Child"
3. "Walk a Thin Line"
4. "Tusk"
5. "Never Forget"
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
And now the poll about the favorite vynil lbum side of.. Tusk... Here are the 4 lists:

Side one
1. "Over & Over"
2. "The Ledge"
3. "Think About Me"
4. "Save Me a Place"
5. "Sara"

Side two
1. "What Makes You Think You're the One"
2. "Storms"
3. "That's All for Everyone"
4. "Not That Funny"
5. "Sisters of the Moon"

Side three
1. "Angel"
2. "That's Enough for Me"
3. "Brown Eyes"
4. "Never Make Me Cry"
5. "I Know I'm Not Wrong"

Side four
1. "Honey Hi"
2. "Beautiful Child"
3. "Walk a Thin Line"
4. "Tusk"
5. "Never Forget"
can we pick 2 sides? you know, half of the album like we did with others?

if so. i pick 2 and 4.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
can we pick 2 sides? you know, half of the album like we did with others?

if so. i pick 2 and 4.
Well the poll is already set for one option, but feel free to tell us everything. Actually I wasnt thinking in half parts, but the experience of listening a whole side of a vynil lbum. You see, on those old days sometimes we used to play one side and didn't turn it to listen the other. And there are some record players where you piled some records to play successively.

But anyway you can tell us your 2 favorites or what you think of all sides.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow! Toughest poll yet. Every side has at least two or three amazing songs. (Yes, even side 3, which contains my favorite song on the album (although I think I'm the only one), "That's Enough for Me.") It's pretty remarkable how well-distributed the songs were on Tusk.

I almost voted for 1 but ultimately went for 4. I do predict side 1 will win the poll hands down, simply because of "Sara."
Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Well the poll is already set for one option, but feel free to tell us everything. Actually I wasnt thinking in half parts, but the experience of listening a whole side of a vynil lbum. You see, on those old days sometimes we used to play one side and didn't turn it to listen the other. And there are some record players where you piled some records to play successively.
unfortunately i'm old enough to remember that. i'm one of those people who owned some really shi**y record players that would ruin records easily (i know everyone seems to romanticize it these days )... ah the crackling noises, the dust, skipping... and even then i wouldn't listen to the whole side but would skip songs i didn't like the same as now (just in case someone never owned vinyl, you can see on the records where the song ends, you just had to count, there were no little numbers showing you which song you are on ). i loved the idea of those players where you could pile the records even though i never had one... and i loved even more CD players playing 6 CDs came along and you could put them on random.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
Wow! Toughest poll yet. Every side has at least two or three amazing songs. (Yes, even side 3, which contains my favorite song on the album (although I think I'm the only one), "That's Enough for Me.") It's pretty remarkable how well-distributed the songs were on Tusk.

I almost voted for 1 but ultimately went for 4. I do predict side 1 will win the poll hands down, simply because of "Sara."
Sara and SMAP are weighing it heavily against the side 1 for me. even though i love The Ledge and Think About Me. i can take or leave Over and Over, depending on my mood, although i love the start of it.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i loved the idea of those players where you could pile the records even though i never had one... and i loved even more CD players playing 6 CDs came along and you could put them on random.
We had one of those and during parties you could put 4 albums on there and have continuous music. Back then, it never occurred to me that I was damaging the record, rubbing them against each other and dropping them like that. I was clueless.

I was on a website with a beautiful turntable console and it said email for pricing, so I did and they sent me an email saying, $18,000. Yeah, no wonder they didn't want to admit it publicly.

Michele
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's funny, but when I LOOK at the list like that, it makes me think about the album differently than when I just listen to it or consider the songs.

Anyway, that list shows me that there are about two stellar songs on each of the 4 sides.

Michele
Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, it was the hardest!! I go with Side 1. I don't like Storms ( ), but the rest of the songs in Side 2 are really good.
Regards!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another hard poll! Tusk does have a great overall song distribution with the exception of the long pause between Christine songs and then to have two in a row on side 3(?). It was a toss up between side 1 and 2. Two of Christine's best ever tracks are on side 1, opening with Over and Over was a great move showing that Tusk wasn't going to be like Rumours. To be treated to her crystal clear voice right off the bat, was wonderful. Thought of side 2, but with no Christine, it's not representative enough of the three. So side 1 it is, even with only 1 Stevie song, but ending with Sara, that's ok by me.

I so wore out the vinyl version of this record within about a year of buying it, but have kept it as a relic. It was really cool how different shades of the cover were available, wish I'd bought a few.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

I agree that seeing the track list broken into 4 sides has made me think about the album differently. In fact, I decided to try to list the tracks in order from favorite to least favorite. Here's what I came up with. God, I love this album.

1. "That's Enough for Me"
2. "Storms"
3. "Walk a Thin Line"
4. "Never Forget"
5. "Tusk"
6. "Think About Me"
7. "Over & Over"
8. "The Ledge"
9. "Brown Eyes"
10. "Angel"
11. "What Makes You Think You're the One"
12. "Sara"
13. "Save Me a Place"
14. "Not That Funny"
15. "Never Make Me Cry"
16. "Honey Hi"
17. "That's All for Everyone"
18. "Beautiful Child"
19. "I Know I'm Not Wrong"
20. "Sisters of the Moon"
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Side 4 has Beautiful Child, the other three sides do not. Therefore, side 4 wins.

It helps that it has Tusk too, cause side 2 has Storms AND Sisters...

Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Another hard poll! Tusk does have a great overall song distribution with the exception of the long pause between Christine songs and then to have two in a row on side 3(?).
A better sequence would have switched the positions of "Brown Eyes" and "That's All for Everyone." Good flow without the long gap between Christine songs.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry picking 2 sides.......1 and 2 for me.

3 and 4 are brought down by some weaker tunes.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, let's see....side 2 is definitely out since there aren't any Christine songs on it. (how did THAT happen?)

Side 1 is out due to my just HATING "Over & Over" as the opening track. Love the song, just not its place on the album.

So, it's a toss up between 3 & 4. I went with 3, but the more I think about it, I probably should've gone for 4.

It's tough choosing sides on this one since I made my own tracking order of the album (as if it were a single album) on my iPod (breaking THAT down to "sides"):

Side 1:
Honey Hi
What Makes You Think You're The One
Think About Me
Sara
Over & Over

Side 2:
Angel
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Brown Eyes
Sisters Of The Moon
Tusk