User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think they did. But if they had Chris and Lindsey aren't really the people in the band who talk a lot. I mean Lindsey talks a lot, but he doesn't tell everything he knows. Unless Mick went on about Lindsey and Christine, there's no one else who is going to mention it -- well no one else in the band. Someone in the crew might, I suppose.

Michele
You hit the nail on the head in terms of Lindsey...this may be a little OT but can I just say that the man prattles on and on and basically says the exact same thing (that could be summed up in a 6 letter sentence no less) over and over again. In terms of private, I think he's extremely so...to the degree that he still has said nothing about that tell-all, mentioned anything sleazy about his past relationships, or called out Stevie in the way she does him. He's conveniently talkative to such an extent and still...says very little.

However, that would be in spoken word. I won't say anything about hi songs...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Is there a vid?
There is and I've seen it, but I haven't seen it in awhile and I was actually asking Mark if he had this last year, because I want it and I don't have my own copy.

Michele
Old 11-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Well, I always thought that they were going to make a Rumours Part 2, and then Lindsay had an idea, TUSK
ME FIRST!

e, not a.. Lindsey

Am I cool now??

"If you see somebody running down the street naked every single day, you stop looking up."- Stephanie Lynn Nicks
Old 11-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I love them singing together better than the LB/SN harmonies. I know, what?

I think they had some serious chemistry, but not sure if it was romantic. In those vids, though, they're kinda affectionate with each other in a sweet way that LB/SN weren't. And I think Lindsey preferred Christine musically to Stevie by far. Just from what I've read.
I just had to poke my eyes out after reading this....now I'm puking profusely...I think I need medical attention....

WHAT?!?!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I'm sure they did. Watch "tusk" from the US festival and "sara" from the Largo 79 DVD and watch them kiss on the lips!
I've seen Bruce Springsteen kiss Clarence Clemmons on the lips during a show.

I think Lindsey & Chris had a brief fling -- more in the nature of a couple of wham-bam-thank-you-ma'ams -- back in the first few years. I don't think either of them was interested in the other sexually after that. It was very brief.

Musically, they made love for a long time: It manifested itself in onstage jamming, writing songs together, studio vocal harmonizing, & copying riffs & styles.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I just had to poke my eyes out after reading this....now I'm puking profusely...I think I need medical attention....

WHAT?!?!

lol! I still thing LB and SN are magical together but for some reason I've always preferred his voice with Christine's...or were you reacting to the part about LB preferring Chris over Stevie musically? Yeah, I made a lot of blasphemous statements didn't I? Dang.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol! I still thing LB and SN are magical together but for some reason I've always preferred his voice with Christine's...or were you reacting to the part about LB preferring Chris over Stevie musically? Yeah, I made a lot of blasphemous statements didn't I? Dang.
All of it!!!

I mean, I think I'll recover (because you are certainly entitled to your opinion) but .... dang is right!!!

Ugh...I just re-read your post and yeah, my head is still spinning...
Old 11-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think Lindsey & Chris had a brief fling -- more in the nature of a couple of wham-bam-thank-you-ma'ams -- back in the first few years. I don't think either of them was interested in the other sexually after that. It was very brief.

Musically, they made love for a long time: It manifested itself in onstage jamming, writing songs together, studio vocal harmonizing, & copying riffs & styles.
This is pretty much what I think, mostly b/c of the infamous quote (I don't even remember who said it) that "The only two people who didn't sleep together were Mick and John" or something to that effect. I guess, going on that, we could also assume that Lindsey and John had a torrid weekend in New England. Ha!

There's a look he gives to SOMEONE during Bleed to Love Her in the Dance. The camera cuts to Christine, but I wonder if that was just creative editting and he was really looking at Stevie or... maybe just smiling and happy to be there.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All of it!!!

I mean, I think I'll recover (because you are certainly entitled to your opinion) but .... dang is right!!!

Ugh...I just re-read your post and yeah, my head is still spinning...
I know. I just re-read my post as well and I sound a little bitchy towards Stevie. Ok, let me clarify: I do prefer LB/CM's musical creations and harmonies and think they complimented one another perfectly, but I don't think they had anywhere near the depth, relationship-wise, that LB and SN had, possibly still have in so many ways.

So don't throw me out of the LB/SN bubble, but call me a little more of a pragmatist in that whole shipper area.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know. I just re-read my post as well and I sound a little bitchy towards Stevie. Ok, let me clarify: I do prefer LB/CM's musical creations and harmonies and think they complimented one another perfectly, but I don't think they had anywhere near the depth, relationship-wise, that LB and SN had, possibly still have in so many ways.

So don't throw me out of the LB/SN bubble, but call me a little more of a pragmatist in that whole shipper area.
LOL about the bubble...

Well, I dig Christine's harmonies and I really like her songs. However, I find her voice to be a little too refined for SnL's sound. Overall, though, it worked so well because it was such an interesting contrast.

I disagree that Lindsey preferred Christine musically to Stevie. I don't think he thinks of them in those terms. In other words, I don't think he's ever dismissed Stevie musically; rather I think Lindsey has a tendency to appreciate what everyone brings to the proverbial musical table - as long as he remains the Master Chef. Honestly, I could see where Chris may have been more likely to tell him his soufflé had fallen rather than send her compliments to the chef - which would probably send him storming out of the kitchen....

(What is up with the cooking analogies?? I must be hungry!)
Old 11-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Maybe they had a 3 way and sang Never Break the Chain, Honey Hi, and Brown Eyes...
I love you.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I disagree that Lindsey preferred Christine musically to Stevie. I don't think he thinks of them in those terms. In other words, I don't think he's ever dismissed Stevie musically; rather I think Lindsey has a tendency to appreciate what everyone brings to the proverbial musical table - as long as he remains the Master Chef. Honestly, I could see where Chris may have been more likely to tell him his soufflé had fallen rather than send her compliments to the chef - which would probably send him storming out of the kitchen....]
I didn't really mean it as a slight against Stevie, but moreso to highlight the affinity Lindsey has expressed for Christine's pop sensibility which is what I probably should have said. Lindsey stated in an interview, which I have to find and should post, that he always felt a bond with Chris because they were both musicians and had the pop thing going. I think he does like Stevie's songs, but because her style is so different from his own he has to reach further to grasp it and probably wouldn't be as apt to understand it as he is of music that he has a connection with. I know Lindsey is more a music/melody sort of songwriter and Stevie is more a lyrical/poetic type. Now obviously they both have very notable strengths in the vice versa, but on a whole that is more the niche they have settled into at this point.

And that's basically why I felt he was probably more connected to Christine's style of songwriting. Actually, he probably said this in some interview because I don't think I could ascertain something so complex without at least reading something that kinda-sorta backed up what I said/meant.

But I have nothing. And I haven't really been expressing what I mean so well this past day or so...lol! I think I need a little more sleep.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post

There's a look he gives to SOMEONE during Bleed to Love Her in the Dance. The camera cuts to Christine, but I wonder if that was just creative editting and he was really looking at Stevie or... maybe just smiling and happy to be there.
I think he was looking at Christine. Actually, during The Dance dvd and the tour and most of their live shows before The Dance, I think he spends more time looking at Christine than he ever spent looking at Stevie. I mean, he did look at Stevie, especially when they were singing harmony together, but mostly he is staring and smiling and what not at Christine. Now, of course, he's looking at Stevie, but I think it's mainly because she's the only one there, more than anything else.

Michele
Old 11-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think he was looking at Christine. Actually, during The Dance dvd and the tour and most of their live shows before The Dance, I think he spends more time looking at Christine than he ever spent looking at Stevie. I mean, he did look at Stevie, especially when they were singing harmony together, but mostly he is staring and smiling and what not at Christine. Now, of course, he's looking at Stevie, but I think it's mainly because she's the only one there, more than anything else.

Michele
If that look was genuine, it's enough to convince me they boned...AT LEAST once
Old 11-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What about - STEVIE & JOHN! then the circle would be complete (Not sure about Mick & Chris, but probs)