User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2003, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfirefly

but that it will start a nice debate/argument between fans and you know...that's just a waste of time, and will destroy the thread.
I'm not picking on you Flyfirefly but things are coming into my head in response to your post.

If I were to go over to Mick's board right now and post what happened to the UK fan convention team at the hands of Todd it wouldn't be to start a debate or an argument. It would simply be to show Todd for what he is and to say is this the man you really want looking out for the interests of your all time favourite band. If people want to ignore it then that is up to them. I have made a fair few friends online through my love of Fleetwood Mac and I think I am fairly well known. I would NEVER treat another fan the way Todd is.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
Seriously pisses me off too Pip. The really rotten thing is that we cannot tell them how we feel about that over there, but, they need to know that they are only making things much much worse. Things like that only make my resolve stronger and my drive stronger to get something from someone.
As I said before.... I'd like to see them come over here and post that. But no... it is easier to post over there to try to further lower the credibility of those of us who dare to 'speak out'

Pip
Old 06-03-2003, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
Just remember that he was called out and also that his true colors are flying. He belongs where the truth is not and where thoughts and opinions are not welcome. So, to all of you who care, remember him and how he operates when he starts a new thread. He is on my ignore list. See Ya Cosaren't
OH NO!! pleeeez don't write stuff like that! you might "cause him heartache" or "make him sad" (which we now all know is inapropriate) quick!!! edit your post before he sees it!

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tommer
OH NO!! pleeeez don't write stuff like that! you might "cause him heartache" or "make him sad" (which we now all know is inapropriate) quick!!! edit your post before he sees it!
OMG...what was I thinking? Oh, but, listen, seriously, this will give him something to bash us about "over there" and save him some time, so, that will be a good trade off for him-whine,bash,whine,bash..Have at it dude...
Old 06-03-2003, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by cosar
Glitter,

I don’t want you or anyone else here to think this board censors people. To paraphrase the opening of a song I know you’re familiar with, “I took my thread, I took it down.” It was causing too much heartache, for me and, it seemed, for everyone else. It was making me too sad.

I have noticed in the short time I’ve been here that a lot of people just avoid the contentious threads and only post in the ones that deal with Fleetwood Mac’s music, concerts, etc. I think I’ve learned my lesson, and I plan to follow their lead.

I hope everyone had the VIOLIN music turned way up when they read this little tale of woe.

This 'man' comes over to this board on a witch hunt, that he 'thinks' he's disguised well enough to look like a peace mission, but he fooled no one because people saw his post for exactly what it was. He attacks members of this board, all the while defending and pleading the case of his friends Jackie and Trinity and how they've been so misunderstood. _ He stirs the pot here with his "contentious thread" and his nasty habit of deleting and editing his attacks.

Now he's saying that some people here "avoid the contentious threads" and he'll be doing the same. Of course he wouldn't bother to mention that HE was the one that started the "contentious thread". No no no...you wouldn't want to do that and take responsibility for what part your own actions and words played, when you can just hit the erase and delete button and THINK you've washed away everything that has gone on. Does this remind anyone of a certain 'Black Knight' and his tactics, and what started this whole mess in the Fleetwood Mac community?

Back to the story.... This does sounds exactly the way he relayed his tale of woe over on Mick's board, conveniently leaving out pesky details like he might have started things off on the wrong foot here by attacking members of this board and maybe the "contentious thread" would have gone differently if he would have been a lot less contentious and not tried to turn a whole community against some of it's members. Of course, this was all disguesed as a PEACE mission.

SO, let me see if I've got the story right..

Attack, EDIT out the attack and apologize

Attack again. EDIT it out (again) and leave the thread asking that everyone stop posting to your "contentious thread"

Attack again, this time on another board where the people you're attacking can't defend themselves

Attack again when someone responds to the attack on the board where they can post, then DELETE this latest attack (again!)

Attack again!, all the while claiming how you've been so misunderstood and you're really a "pretty smart guy" but you're now leaving the thread for good (again!).

DELETE the entire thread because people are now onto your DELETE AND EDIT tactics and you can't get rid of the quotes AND the posts where people have archived your attacks and there is no other way to hide what you've done. Make sure to paint yourself as sad, and a good guy (who always acts within the "boundaries of civility") so you're only going to join the happy posts on this message board.

DON'T try to be honest from the beginning and come to this community and say you'd like to join the board, period. Instead, try to disguise your real intentions that you'd like to HEDGE your bets because the site you've aligned yourself with has become boring and is dying a slow and painful death. Make sure to stir the pot but good with a "contentious thread", and then paint yourself as a sad, misunderstood, but "pretty smart guy".

Wouldn't this 'pretty smart guy' be shocked to learn that the entire thread has been permanently saved.

Old 06-03-2003, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Well I have to say it SERIOUSLY PISSES ME OFF that someone would suggest that Louise and I are lying about the emails from Todd. Let's see them come over here and say that. Why on earth would we make this up? We are not the devious snakes in all of this. Excuse my language but I have had no sleep and I am ****ing steaming at the moment
Pip,

I'm sorry that people are saying you and Louise falsified those emails and are insinuating that you and Louise would lie about the emails and phone calls.

It's sad that when LIE AFTER LIE from Jonathan Todd has been revealed people refuse to see what is right before their eyes and instead choose to attack the messenger. I know this is little consolation to you but that has been the M.O. from the beginning. Ignore what the person is saying and focus on why they're saying it. Attack and slander the messenger and divert and cast doubt on anything they might be saying that's true.

They're still bashing and banning and deleting over there. The administrators are still ignoring the people who are doing the bashing because they're the long time members and they can abuse and mistreat anyone they like. Those special people don't have to act in a "civil" manner and their posts remain and they are not banned. Let's face it, at this point they can't afford to lose anymore people in that ghost town.

I hope you and Louise KNOW that the MAJORITY of the online Fleetwood Mac community believes you and Louise and supports and applauds your efforts to bring this to everyone's attention.

Try not to let a few ignorant spineless people get you guys down.

Remember who your friends are and we'll be here for you when they are long gone.

edited for spacing.

Last edited by Cour; 06-03-2003 at 08:00 AM..
Old 06-03-2003, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tommer
hey cosar, let me get this straight, did you just delete the "don't turn FM fans against each other" thread????

this is NOT how things go around here!!!!

these methods DO NOT belong here, this is NOT mick's chat! this is NOT our way to deal with stuff!!!

if you can't handle the heat, you probably don't belong to this kitchen!

Tommer, I saw your post last night that wouldn't it be ironic if this now DELETED thread were to be locked by the administrators here.

The last thread that was locked on the Ledge was a thread where a certain "Doctor" came over from Mick's board and decided to disrupt this board and threw that thread way off track hurling attacks and insults at the people who post here. Deja vu.

Marty told me that was the first thread to be locked in so long he couldn't remember the last time it had happened.

You're right, this is not the way things go around here.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cour
Marty told me that was the first thread to be locked in so long he couldn't remember the last time it had happened.
Perhaps Marty's memory is not as good as mine, but I remember a handful of threads locked not long ago.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I hope you and Louise KNOW that the MAJORITY of the online Fleetwood Mac community believes you and Louise and supports and applauds your efforts to bring this to everyone's attention.

Try not to let a few ignorant spineless people get you guys down.

Remember who your friends are and we'll be here for you when they are long gone.

Thanks for that. I have made some great frineds online and I will pay no attention to the ignorant ones. Sleep deprivation makes me crazy sometimes hence the reaction this morning. I have no regrets about going public with this

Pip
Old 06-03-2003, 08:35 AM
Junior Ledgie

I am not going to spend a lot of time debating whether what I did was right. What I did is done, and can’t be undone.

I began posting on Mick’s board because I love and care about Fleetwood Mac. I came over here to try to say that we are all Fleetwood Mac fans and that there is more that unites us than divides us. I may have been wrong about that. Maybe East really is East and West really is West.

In any event, I now find myself in the middle of a war that I have no interest being in the middle of. I understand that I put myself there, and I’m not blaming anyone else. But it may be time for me to declare defeat and withdraw.

When I logged on this morning after reading this thread, I had intended just to remove my registration from this board. But (1) I couldn’t figure out how to do it and (2) when I went to my profile page I found a couple of private messages from people I respect asking me not to leave. So I’m going to keep my registration for now and just stop posting for a while until I can decide what I want to do.

In the meantime, I wish you all well.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Perhaps Marty's memory is not as good as mine, but I remember a handful of threads locked not long ago.

Perhaps it's not

I think it happens very infrequently on this board considering the volume of posts and topics, and the diverse opinions being expressed by the members.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
couldn’t figure out how to do it and (2) when I went to my profile page I found a couple of private messages from people I respect asking me not to leave.
You know, I cannot understand this..hmm...seems to me when I have a pm, I get an immediate notice that requires that I respond if I want to read the PM now or not...I have NEVER stumbled onto one that way.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, after a night's sleep, I think I'm clear on my own position about this thing. I think that Cosar was wrong to do what he did. Now, I'm not here to attack you Cosar. I think you were acting under the belief that the thread was yours to do with as you pleased while the concensus on this board is that once people start participating in your thread it is no longer yours, but shared by everyone on the board. This is pretty much an unspoken understanding that apparently you did not pick up on (perhaps due to the example set on the MF board--and I don't mean m***** f*****, I mean Mick Fleetwood ) Let's all let Cosar have this one and write it off as a newbie's mistake. But please let's not have this kind of transgression happen again by the hands of anyone who was here when it happened.

John
Old 06-03-2003, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Perhaps it's not

I think it happens very infrequently on this board considering the volume of posts and topics, and the diverse opinions being expressed by the members.
I am not going to engage in a volley over this one, but just to clarify: I was involved in at least four threads that I can remember were locked in the August-October time frame. That is fact.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cosar
In any event, I now find myself in the middle of a war that I have no interest being in the middle of. I understand that I put myself there, and I’m not blaming anyone else. But it may be time for me to declare defeat and withdraw.
Cosar, your intention was good. Don't let the reaction of some to discourage you from continuing to participate.