The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I ADORE college football. I was a U of L fan before Petrino left. Now I'm attending WKU, so I most certainly cheer for them..... But Basketball season will be better.

Crazy to see Ohio State get smothered by the Trojans.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Oh I ADORE college football. I was a U of L fan before Petrino left. Now I'm attending WKU, so I most certainly cheer for them..... But Basketball season will be better.

Crazy to see Ohio State get smothered by the Trojans.
i live in nebraska & root for the huskers~ but i am a hardcore usc fan, loved the game~ it was great!!!~
Old 09-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
chiliD and estranged4life's brothers...

OMG! There are Husker Fans out there???

I attended UNL when Johnny Rodgers won the Heisman! All of my relatives are in Nebraska and yes, they do have the GO BIG RED toilet seats.

Visiting Lincoln, on game day, is phenomenal. If you're not wearing red, you WILL hear about it!

I have enjoyed reading about everyone's favorite teams...
LOVE huskers chilid!!!~ i live in nebraska & hope this is bo's year, tho i fear the mizzou game~

betsy i got an autographed poster of johnny for christmas along w/ one of eric crouch~

i sold my johnny rodger's huskers whiskey decanter on ebay for a small fortune~
when i went grocery shopping yesterday everyone had on their husker gear, it was great to see!!!~
Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a University of Miami football fan, there are only 2 teams we ABSOLUTELY DISPISE.

#1. Florida State - Anyone here who is a Seminoles fan should raise their hand so I can block them

#2. Ohio State - Let us rewind to the 2003 National Championship game...University of Miami vs. Ohio State. Last play of the 4th quarter....botched call by the official. At that time there was no official review, so the call could not have been overturned. Needless to say, Ohio State stole our national championship. So, to see Ohio State get crushed at the Colisseum brought me immense joy

That is my college football rant of the week

Old 09-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Crushed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing View Post
As a University of Miami football fan, there are only 2 teams we ABSOLUTELY DISPISE.

#1. Florida State - Anyone here who is a Seminoles fan should raise their hand so I can block them

#2. Ohio State - Let us rewind to the 2003 National Championship game...University of Miami vs. Ohio State. Last play of the 4th quarter....botched call by the official. At that time there was no official review, so the call could not have been overturned. Needless to say, Ohio State stole our national championship. So, to see Ohio State get crushed at the Colisseum brought me immense joy

That is my college football rant of the week

In regards to your #2, USC thought they were suffering "deja-vu" a game very similar to one from their recent past at the Orange Bowl and the opponent was OU instead of Ohio St. - the 55-19 USC ass-kicking of Blow-U still is a sore spot in Norman...Boohoo for Blow-U.

Blow-U has to play Nebraska this year - and I hope the black shirts kick their asses all over Norman just so I can hear David "The FORMER Crooked Democratic US Senator" Boren cry that Blow-U were cheated yet again!!!

Oh and about your #1, since when did Free-Shoe U (aka Florida State = 61 athletes cheating CANNOT be wrong) have ANY fans to begin with? Even Blow-U beat 'em, Hehehehe.

According to a stat I saw, since 2002 the winningest 4 programs in NCAA FBS football are:
1. USC (Best winning record against the Boohoo Sooners!!!)
2. Boise State (Make fun of our blue turf, we'll STILL kick yer asses!!! Ask Blow-U!!!)
3. Texas (BETTER beat Blow-U this year)
4. Ohio St. (?????)

Brian "Still A 'Canes fan too!" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

estranged4life--

Dan Hawkins should have stayed at Boise State and if so would have had his National Championship...but his heart tugged him to take pity on Colorado and clean up the mess we have here.

I would love to see NU beat OU... where is it played this year?

As for FSU -- I believe they hold classes in how to mug the other team. I swear there's criminal intent behind those hits.

OK...so....whom don't I like (if anyone gives a damn...)

1. Notre Dame (my diskike has to deal in part with that "we're on TV every week" contract and the fact that they think GOD is on their side.)

2. Ohio State (1970? 72?) when they played Michigan and Michigan was gonna kick a field goal to win.....The Ohio State fans tore down the goal post.

The refs switched them to the other side, and the students ripped down that goal post as well. So to score, Michigan HAD to make a touchdown, and they didn't. Woody Hayes.

3. UCLA and only because I can't stand Rick NEUHEISEL. He used to coach at Colorado. I dislike ANY team he coaches for, including girls teams...he got the head coaching position at CU when it should have gone to ---(I can't think of his name ?Simmons? but he went to Okla State) --
Old 09-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
estranged4life--

Dan Hawkins should have stayed at Boise State and if so would have had his National Championship...but his heart tugged him to take pity on Colorado and clean up the mess we have here.

I would love to see NU beat OU... where is it played this year?

As for FSU -- I believe they hold classes in how to mug the other team. I swear there's criminal intent behind those hits.

OK...so....whom don't I like (if anyone gives a damn...)

1. Notre Dame (my diskike has to deal in part with that "we're on TV every week" contract and the fact that they think GOD is on their side.)

2. Ohio State (1970? 72?) when they played Michigan and Michigan was gonna kick a field goal to win.....The Ohio State fans tore down the goal post.

The refs switched them to the other side, and the students ripped down that goal post as well. So to score, Michigan HAD to make a touchdown, and they didn't. Woody Hayes.

3. UCLA and only because I can't stand Rick NEUHEISEL. He used to coach at Colorado. I dislike ANY team he coaches for, including girls teams...he got the head coaching position at CU when it should have gone to ---(I can't think of his name ?Simmons? but he went to Okla State) --
Hawkins is a great coach (I hope he turns CU around), but Boise St. has not lost a step...Still one team most do not want on their non-conference schedule (O-Who's non-conference schedule this year included the Oklahoma School for the Blind, The Amputee Veterans of America and the Muskogee High School ROUGHERS!!!!!!!)

I cannot stand Neuheisel, He prepared UCLA for a miniature golf game and didnt realize that they were to play a FOOTBALL game against BYU this past Saturday, Thus the 59-0 score. Wow, religion FINALLY (BYU) was good for something!!! Sucks to be a Bruin now.

I like CU, but Neu-Seik-Heil-sel left the Buffs in major trouble...Reminds me of Blow-U's former mens basketball coach, who took his trouble to Indiana and FUBAR'd the Hoosiers in the same manner as he did to Blow-U.

Blow-U plays Nebraska in Norman, So I hope for about 50-70 points (Minimum) from the black shirts of NU so I can enjoy yet another whine story from David "The CORRUPT US Senator" Boren.

I hope to see in my lifetime the Blow-U program get the "Death Penalty" that SMU once received. Without a doubt, the MOST CORRUPT program in ALL college sports lies in Norman, Oklahoma (Definitely the WORST fans - Brag like there's no tomorrow when they win, but whine and accuse when they FAIRLY lose) so bad, that Blow-U makes Neuheisel and FSU seem flawless.

Oh, and Ohio St. has fans??? I thought the only (REAL) OSU with fans are my beloved AGGIES of Okla.St!!!!

Brian "Blow U Sooners, Blow U Sooners, Blow u Sooners, suck major ass" j.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My sister went to USC so I'm a Trojan fan...I went to a major art school in Chicago and we didn't have any football...only theatre and dance heehee and maybe the occasional emo tantrum fest !
Old 09-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Woo Hoo!

In overtime ---

CU 17 West Virginia 14

Old 09-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Did Ohio St. even realize there was a football game at the Coliseum this evening?
It was jet lag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Oh, and Ohio St. has fans??? I thought the only (REAL) OSU with fans are my beloved AGGIES of Okla.St!!!!

In 2007:
Ohio State ranked #3 with an average of 105,110 (102.72% capacity)
Oklahoma State ranked #58 with an average of 40,024 (89.54% capacity)
source

BTW, I thought they settled who the REAL OSU was in the 2004 Alamo Bowl, when Ohio State flattened Oklahoma State 33-7.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 09-19-2008 at 11:51 AM..
Old 09-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Who pays attention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
BTW, I thought they settled who the REAL OSU was in the 2004 Alamo Bowl
to the Alamo Bowl? Apparently Ohio St. fans...

Just giving ya friendly grief...I'd cheer for Ohio St, if they played Blow-U!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In this time of political arm raising...(the commericals interfereing with my college football viewing) I thought I'd post this little gem...for old times sake. Woody and Dick -- God love 'em...where ever they are!

Old 09-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Two great games on TV today! (Great for me anyhow... I love NU and CU.)

CU vs. Florida State

Nebraska vs. Virginia Tech

Are you out there estranged4life and ChiliD and Goddess6???

Here we have some Go Big Red Fans in Iraq...

Old 09-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up The REAL OSU...

appears to be Oregon St. (Who I do like as a team, and watching my USC get THUMPED by the Beavers was not a total shock - it happened on their last visit Corvallis)

I hope TCU (the best named collegiate team - The Horned Frogs) throws Blow-U under THE train. Nothing makes me shed a tear of JOY like hearing a Sooner fan WHINE!!!

Last edited by estranged4life; 09-27-2008 at 02:32 PM..
Old 09-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GO BIG BLUE