User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Video of Tusk live from 1982 US Festival

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCU_cxa...id=fqm1ubpwsi7

When will we get the video of the full set from US fest? I want to see the 1982 live performances of the songs that were cut from the 1982 HBO special.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Yes its amazing it has taken this long to finally see most of the footage. Its strange on the HBO special some of the songs they did not include especially their biggest hit from Mirage and their first single from the album, Hold Me.
I guess the band was forced to perform it but not happy with the way that it sounded live. However, I would not think the Mac owns the material to the US Festival footage. I believe that is why the artists got big bucks, they signed away the rights. But that is just my guess. Who knows.
On another note, as many of us have commented the band looked especially wasted at the US Festival. Yes the microphones and the sound could have been messed up but so many mistakes and goofs which makes it all the better IMHO.
If they were drinking that hard partying in the desert for the Hold Me video, you could imagine the stuff that was going on for this show. It definitely shows

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-10-2020 at 07:16 AM..
Old 07-10-2020, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes its amazing it has taken this long to finally see most of the footage. Its strange on the HBO special some of the songs they did not include especially their biggest hit from Mirage and their first single from the album, Hold Me.
I guess the band was forced to perform it but not happy with the way that it sounded live. However, I would not think the Mac owns the material to the US Festival footage. I believe that is why the artists got big bucks, they signed away the rights. But that is just my guess. Who knows.
On another note, as many of us have commented the band looked especially wasted at the US Festival. Yes the microphones and the sound could have been messed up but so many mistakes and goofs which makes it all the better IMHO.
If they were drinking that hard partying in the desert for the Hold Me video, you could imagine the stuff that was going on for this show. It definitely shows
I’ve heard Hold Me live 1982 from many bootlegs, it sounds great except for the “Hold Me..Hold Me..yeahhh” they should have sang “Hold Me.. Hold Meeeeeeee” like they did live 2017-2019. I don’t know why they added the “yeaahh” in 1982, it sounds dumb lol.

I really want to see the video of Sara live from 1982. 1982 live Sara is my favorite. I’ve heard many bootlegs and it sounds amazing. I’ve heard the bootleg of Sara from the US fest, I just need to see the video, I bet it’s amazing.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I’ve heard Hold Me live 1982 from many bootlegs, it sounds great except for the “Hold Me..Hold Me..yeahhh” they should have sang “Hold Me.. Hold Meeeeeeee” like they did live 2017-2019. I don’t know why they added the “yeaahh” in 1982, it sounds dumb lol.
My favorite part was Lindsey screaming "why don't you come on and uh" in between Hold Me's.

In 1982.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCU_cxa...id=fqm1ubpwsi7

When will we get the video of the full set from US fest? I want to see the 1982 live performances of the songs that were cut from the 1982 HBO special.
I think independent producer types develop big ideas because they think that huge numbers will clamor for artifacts from historic events like the US Festival. But when they spend enough time actually listening to the old tapes, I think they realize that either the performances or the technical quality just isn’t good enough to continue spending money on. Aside from the hip fans of the bands that played, is there really a demand for this old thing? Maybe these people should drop the idea of cleanup and high-tech packaging and just sell US Festival audio or video as is, without creating a huge overhead.

moviekinks.blogspot.com