User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Homer is funny and that's what he's trying to be. You can't tell that?????? It's pretty obvious.
As the Chiffonheads circle their wagons...

BTW,
Old 05-16-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Just a reminder, Lindsey did several interviews where he said the album was never meant to be a FM album... including one amusing interview where his agent or handler actually intervened when the interviewer pressed the point. But you say Mick made the choice to not call it a FM album. Guess Lindsey was lying, then?

Not that it matters to me what the reason was, but it is confusing when Lindsey made it very clear it was never meant to be a FM album.
I was just giving a “jokey” reply to Homer as to the reason why it wasn’t FM.
I don’t have an opinion in reality, just a light hearted aim at Mick....
I actually think it deserved to be BM in its own right it stands up.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey like everyone else played the game. Do you really think Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John did not want to record a Fleetwood Mac album? Of course they did. However when Stevie was not joining them Lindsey and Christine were having so much fun they still moved forward with the project. They were not going to rub Stevie's face in the project. It also sounds a lot better than "We sat around and waited for Stevie but Stevie does not like us so we did the album anyway." Of course it sounds better to say. "Oh yes, this was our intention the entire time. We just wanted to put out this duo album from the start.
I doubt anyone seriously believes that. Its just as bad what Stevie said that she did not go to the studio because albums don't sell. Both Lindsey and Stevie are liars about this recording.
They made it too difficult and confusing. They should have called it Fleetwood Mac, explained the Stevie didn’t participate in the project due to solo commitments, but is still a member of the band and will be participating in the band’s 2018 tour. It wouldn’t have been a lie and wouldn’t have put Stevie on the spot. It wouldn’t even be the first time the band made an album that didn’t feature an active member (Then Play On).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I was just giving a “jokey” reply to Homer as to the reason why it wasn’t FM.
I don’t have an opinion in reality, just a light hearted aim at Mick....
I actually think it deserved to be BM in its own right it stands up.
Sorry about my confusion, sue. With message boards and texting, sometimes it can be hard to tell when people are joking around. Thanks for setting me straight
Old 05-16-2018, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sorry about my confusion, sue. With message boards and texting, sometimes it can be hard to tell when people are joking around. Thanks for setting me straight
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻That’s okay, no worries...
Old 05-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They made it too difficult and confusing. They should have called it Fleetwood Mac, explained the Stevie didn’t participate in the project due to solo commitments, but is still a member of the band and will be participating in the band’s 2018 tour. It wouldn’t have been a lie and wouldn’t have put Stevie on the spot. It wouldn’t even be the first time the band made an album that didn’t feature an active member (Then Play On).
exactly

but it's all over now, baby blue

p.s. re: Homer's joke: it's what one calls HYPERBOLE, a rhetorical trope used to make a point using exaggeration. ... and everybody here knows it! as is proven by the fact that NOBODY rose up in defense of the buttery-bittery goodness that is brussel sprouts!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And WHY didn't it have the FM name?

Lindsey isn't in the group now, and it's still FM.

So Lindsey, Chris, John, and Dick do a record, and THAT'S not FM???!
It’s so idiotic especially now isn’t it? When all these self righteous people keep bringing up that Fleetwood and Mac are still there and therefore is Fleetwood Mac. Heeelllllllooooooo!?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are forgetting the fact that they didn’t have the Fleetwood Mac name.
Exactly. Unlike current penguins.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-16-2018, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The BuckVie shows I attended were far from tame. Especially, the sold out Greek Show. That was a show I'll never forget.
Oh BuckVie shows were several levels of energy above any FM show in recent decades, no comparison there!

(Well....... once when opening Trouble was outta way.)

Old 05-16-2018, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess the tame thing referred more to the album than anything.

What little I saw of the shows on YouTube they looked like subdued fully lit small venue affairs compared to Mac shows.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Of course they should have called it Fleetwood Mac. But are you crazy? They would never put their "star" in the corner. Only one member gets treated this way. If it was Christine or Lindsey who did not want to record, they would have replaced them and called it Fleetwood Mac.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
Excuse me for apparently being illiterate! I had no idea! Fine, you hate her MORE than Hitler. I still find it disgusting that you would rank her higher on your hate list than someone who literally caused the DEATHS of millions of people. Even if you were joking. The Holocaust was a real thing that affected the lives of so many people, and still affects many today. Whatever Stevie did cannot be worse than that.

I don't see the point of arguing with you anymore. It's clear that only a select few on this board are allowed to continually express their opinions without repercussions. I can normally ignore things said on here, but this took things too far, and I couldn't stay silent.
Agreed. Stevie HATED more than Hitler.....? What kind of person even puts them in the same sentence and thinks that is comical? Definitely someone lacking majorly in some department.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Of course they should have called it Fleetwood Mac. But are you crazy? They would never put their "star" in the corner. Only one member gets treated this way. If it was Christine or Lindsey who did not want to record, they would have replaced them and called it Fleetwood Mac.
It’s worth remembering that when they talked about replacing Chris with Sheryl Crow it was Lindsey who NIXED the idea (ho ho).

Also while one can easily get session players like Brett to do keyboards, the minute a guitarist leaves (or gets pushed) very few groups would just use a sidesman - in come the replacements.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Agreed. Stevie HATED more than Hitler.....? What kind of person even puts them in the same sentence and thinks that is comical? Definitely someone lacking majorly in some department.
Oh, lighten up.

You're free to have your opinion, and I am to have mine.

And believe it or not, I'm not seeking your approval.

Have a good day.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Homer is funny.
No he isn’t. He’s a pathetic misogynist who spends all day long on a discussion board about a band that no longer exists posting his anger about Stevie Nicks. That’s as far from funny as it gets. As he’s the primary reason this board is a toilet with little traction.