The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart #CryingUncontrollably (last BuckVie show)

Lindsey was crying... not uncontrollably. but he started at the end of GOP and didn't stop through final bows through burying his head in Christine's shoulder and the two of them finally exiting the stage. it was beautiful and karmic and not circular. he's one emotional puppy! (i thought i recorded it but i didn't. if anyone finds the final bows of BuckVie please plesae share!)

it was a fantastic final show. they gave it all and then so much more... putting little unexpected flourishes in solos (LB) and singing (CM). you could see they were well aware this may easily be the last time they will ever perform these new songs live.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

See! That's how much this projects means to them. All the animosity is gone! I'll bet he would say, in his heart of hearts, that this has been the most enjoyable project he's ever done.

Thank you for sharing that.

You know, in the other threads about spousal abuse, etc(and I do believe most of it), I LOVE how time and age finally gave him a heart, and he seems to have let all the anger go...

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 11-17-2017 at 10:08 AM..
Old 11-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey was crying... not uncontrollably. but he started at the end of GOP and didn't stop through final bows through burying his head in Christine's shoulder and the two of them finally exiting the stage. it was beautiful and karmic and not circular. he's one emotional puppy! (i thought i recorded it but i didn't. if anyone finds the final bows of BuckVie please plesae share!)

it was a fantastic final show. they gave it all and then so much more... putting little unexpected flourishes in solos (LB) and singing (CM). you could see they were well aware this may easily be the last time they will ever perform these new songs live.
Ok, now I'm crying again, and in front of a bunch of strangers. At least, last night it was in front of you guys.

How was it that any of us could record it?! I'm sure someone did and will share.

I did record Christine thanking the crew. And that's when it probably hit him this was the last show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
See! That's how much this projects means to them. All the animosity is gone! I'll bet he would say, in his heart of hearts, that this has been the most enjoyable project he's ever done.

You know, in the other threads about spousal abuse, etc(and I do believe most of it), I LOVE how time and age finally gave him a heart, and he seems to have let all the anger go...
The crowd was fantastic last night, since the very first song. And Lindsey was HAPPY! Even through his tears, he was happy.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is incredible. Lindsey has played a million concerts. He knows how special this really was. They are SO proud of their record and like true artists want to share it with the world. I only wish I saw more than one show (shame on me) but I am so thankful I got to see them perform together. 6 months ago if you would have asked me if I wanted a Fleetwood Mac world tour or another Buck/McVie album and tour I would have taken the Mac concert. After seeing Buck/McVie live, I have changed my opinion. I know there is no way to stop the Mac world tour but this incredible moment was definitely a highlight of all my Mac/solo shows. Lindsey loves to create. He is so passionate about new music. What an incredible night. I wish I could have been there.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have cried too. This entire experience has been so emotional. Surprised and excited about the new music, thrilled when they added a second leg to the tour. Frustration with Stevie initially but that faded. The new music is a blessing to Lindsey and Chris, the creators and for us the fans. They're creative expressive people doing what they're born to do. I never imagined this chapter just like I never thought Chris would come back. It's all pro---no cons as far as I'm concerned. We're living thru music history. I love how it worked out and thankful every day. The last show is always kind of special but this had to be over the top!
Old 11-17-2017, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I have to say, due to the tour, all of the excitement, and seeing them both so happy...I completely forgot that this was originally the hopeful start of a Fleetwood Mac record. I think it worked out for the best, they both had a blast. Assuming good health and the time to do it, I think we'll hear from this pairing again. Had it been a FM album, it would of certainly been the last and who knows if Chris & Lindsey would have even considered this collaboration or realized it's even possible.

Also huge props to the sound technician that came aboard on the second leg. Talk about creating a 360 from where they were on the first leg. Jimmy was right - he nailed it!
Old 11-17-2017, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

There wasn't a lot of animosity between those two was there? Apart from the night he mimicked Stevie on the Tusk tour and the night he quit in 87.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart #CryingUncontrollably

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-17-2017, 08:57 PM

Wow!!! Those are beautiful photos.. Christine is just stunning.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

That raw emotion really shows how much Christine and Lindsey loved this project. I am sad too we don't get anymore concert reviews
Old 11-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm getting choked up just looking at these pics. Thank you for sharing and for having the presence of mind to take them! I might have been so caught up in the moment I would have forgotten about my phone/camera. It's gonna be hard shifting gears now--I guess the white album reissue is up next(and the holidays). We probably won't hear much about BuckVie now....
Old 11-18-2017, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I'm getting choked up just looking at these pics. Thank you for sharing and for having the presence of mind to take them! I might have been so caught up in the moment I would have forgotten about my phone/camera. It's gonna be hard shifting gears now--I guess the white album reissue is up next(and the holidays). We probably won't hear much about BuckVie now....
i wish i had the presence of mind but it was just the opposite! i thought i was taking a video but did that old turn it on when you think it's off and the other way around. i was in a perfect position too! these were taken by Aim275@AmyWeisel and i'm so glad SHE did have the presence of mind, even if we don't have a video.

shifting gears to Buck solo coming fast and furious some time right after the holidays!! Lindsey has been telling in interviews and to fans who met him in the last couple of weeks that new solo album and tour coming up probably in March!

i'm really happy about upcoming solo LB but this is so bittersweet, and seeing BuckVie together in such a happy place and and getting to hear their duets from present and the past and some deeper Chris FM cuts was fantastic... they were both in such great voice these last few shows especially! Chris' voice was so warm and full and her harmonies were cranked up in the mix and they were doing real duets. so i'm taking my time to mourn the ending of this beautiful gift we were given.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for triggering my memory bank about LB solo, I remember interview talk about this now. Shifting gears again! As for a video who knows--maybe someone hasn't posted it yet or didn't realize they have some footage(dumb I know but I can hope).
Old 11-26-2017, 05:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is both the album and solo tour March now? I know they had originally said January for the album, but that's seeming very unlikely now.