User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamIsOver View Post
Sirius could easily have snuck in an airing Lindsey's entire solo catalog in the day and a half gap between the FM station and the U2 station instead of the endless loop of the U2 station commercial.
That was weird wasn't it? I got in the car yesterday morning, heard my first commercial saying the new station started today and thought to myself that I'd better enjoy the last day of the Mac channel only to hear that loop of the same three clips the whole time I was out. I did think that U2 deserved their own channel as well, so I will be enjoying listening to them for the run of this new station.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I'm not sure why some are mystified. Did they not confine the solo songs to people currently in the band? Lindsey is no longer in the band therefore no solo music. Did I miss hearing solo songs from others who were no longer part of the lineup? (very possible as my listening was hit or miss and only when I was in the car)
nope. they had no rules or confines. and if the rule you are thinking of was true, they would have played "current member" solo songs and they didn't.

i guess the only real rule they had was no Lindsey interviews, intros or solo..... which changed half-way through after lots of complaints so they aired pre-recorded Lindsey-intros they had. but still no solo.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nope. they had no rules or confines. and if the rule you are thinking of was true, they would have played "current member" solo songs and they didn't.

i guess the only real rule they had was no Lindsey interviews, intros or solo..... which changed half-way through after lots of complaints so they aired pre-recorded Lindsey-intros they had. but still no solo.
So the answer is no, you didn't hear them play any solo songs from ex members? As to why they didn't play songs from ALL the current members, I'm not sure why you would assume they would. I would imagine there are algorithms of some sort to determine the most desirable songs for the target listener, thus less material from Mick's side projects and perhaps they figure Mike and Neil are still too new? I wouldn't assume that every decision made from here on out is based on some sort of plot to screw Lindsey. Seems more logical to me based on the absence of any other ex members solo efforts that was all it was. No more, no less. Popular material from current members only.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On the Rumours album interviews can someone please post what was said about The Chain, You Make Loving Fun, I Don't Want to Know and Oh Daddy? Was Silver Springs included?

For some reason I only caught the beginning or the end. Also, if this was already posted sorry, but this thread is so long I didn't know if this was covered already.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 06-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t remember exactly what was said in the Rumours special but I was surprised to hear Lindsey’s contributions there. I remember that the introductions for each song were not necessarily who you’d expect. For example, I think Lindsey talked about You Make Loving Fun rather than Christine. Silver Springs was not included however it was the first song they played after the special when I listened so maybe that was their form of acknowledgement.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP View Post
On the Rumours album interviews can someone please post what was said about The Chain, You Make Loving Fun, I Don't Want to Know and Oh Daddy? Was Silver Springs included?

For some reason I only caught the beginning or the end. Also, if this was already posted sorry, but this thread is so long I didn't know if this was covered already.
Lindsey's commentary on "Oh Daddy" is the one that was most memorable to me. He called it a "dirge" said it's darker and more somber than what she normally writes, because she doesn't "wallow." Christine basically said, "that song was about Mick."
Old 06-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Lindsey's commentary on "Oh Daddy" is the one that was most memorable to me. He called it a "dirge" said it's darker and more somber than what she normally writes, because she doesn't "wallow." Christine basically said, "that song was about Mick."
I loved his comments on Oh Daddy! I’ve been trying to work the word dirge into conversations all week lol
Old 06-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Did he actually have any hit records?
I know he had some singles that performed well enough but didn't most of his albums not sell too well? Or I think I read that the first two sold average-ish? But the ones after not so much. I feel like he would've had a more commercially successful solo career if he had had better management and made less ~out there~ music. But then again he probably wouldn't have been happy if that was the case because it would've been like FM all over again.
And also, not to forget that he also had what is arguably one of the greatest movie theme songs ever!
Are you kidding me? First of all Trouble was a top ten songs. Plus LOTS of his songs were played ALL THE TIME on MTV. They played TONS of Stevie solos songs that were not hits. NOT BUYING it. The whole thing was BS.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Are you kidding me? First of all Trouble was a top ten songs. Plus LOTS of his songs were played ALL THE TIME on MTV. They played TONS of Stevie solos songs that were not hits. NOT BUYING it. The whole thing was BS.
I know he had singles that did well but I mean the full albums. As far as I know he never had a hit album. His first two sold the most and from what I know they just sold average.