Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Does anyone have a video for All Over Again?
Only on Facebook so far in closed groups.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I have no idea how well the show sold, but I have seen many reviews that said whether an arena sold out or not- many times they'll even give a number, which I assume they were told by the venue. So I really question your comment that "articles will always write that venues were sold out, it helps to sell more tickets to subsequent shows." Why would the writer care how subsequent shows sell? A writer is not going to lie about it.
The writer will often get some detailed info from a performers PR people. PR people want to sell subsequent tickets.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:27 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Only on Facebook so far in closed groups.
Why are there closed groups? Why would someone only post videos to closed groups? Why don't you provide links to these groups?
Old 10-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Why are there closed groups? Why would someone only post videos to closed groups? Why don't you provide links to these groups?
I'll answer this question for the other person you asked. In a particular closed group, a member who posted the videos specifically asked his co-members not to post his videos on The Ledge. He's one of the people not fond of the anti-Stevie comments. So one has to respect such request. But don't you worry, now that everyone knows what songs are in the set, plenty more videos will surface of every song throughout the tour. The video you wanted to see of the closing song is only partial anyways, and it's not a close up so you're not really missing anything anyways.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Gold Dust Woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqsiq06hKg

"Gold Dust Woman" from Tulsa. It looks like the crackhead dance is gone and I'm not certain how to describe the new ending, but I like it! Always a great concert moment!
Old 10-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
That Rhiannon is probably the most enervated and lethargic performance I have ever seen. Her range has apparently shrunk to two notes, and Lindsey's guitar licks are sorely missed. The cats outside in the dark make better and more passionate music than she. But there is a very large contingent here who confuse shawl twirling, bleating, and exaggerated hand gesticulations with musicianship. Which is why Lindsey is out of Fleetwood Mac and the Goat Queen remains.
I've seen far more lethargic Rhiannon's in recent years. I just wish she could at least attempt a twirl or two in the middle...or something. It did sound weird without LB on guitar...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'll answer this question for the other person you asked. In a particular closed group, a member who posted the videos specifically asked his co-members not to post his videos on The Ledge. He's one of the people not fond of the anti-Stevie comments. So one has to respect such request.
Oh. That makes sense. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqsiq06hKg

"Gold Dust Woman" from Tulsa. It looks like the crackhead dance is gone and I'm not certain how to describe the new ending, but I like it! Always a great concert moment!
That was the same ending she did on her solo tour for 24K Gold.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ok..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I saw the DC 24K show and it seemed different, but then again - damn legal weed.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Um take a read through the Ruours forum. They are open to join. Ivory Keys is probably the biggest. They don't allow any negativity. They have quite a few videos and photos.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'll answer this question for the other person you asked. In a particular closed group, a member who posted the videos specifically asked his co-members not to post his videos on The Ledge. He's one of the people not fond of the anti-Stevie comments. So one has to respect such request. But don't you worry, now that everyone knows what songs are in the set, plenty more videos will surface of every song throughout the tour. The video you wanted to see of the closing song is only partial anyways, and it's not a close up so you're not really missing anything anyways.
Exactly. Thanks Viv. It's too bad the partial video of the first half of the first show got deleted. Do you think she did that due to negativity or did some ahole report it?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-05-2018 at 11:54 AM..
Old 10-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will say from what I hear from this show the Mac does sound pretty good. Stevie’s vocals sound strong and all in all much better than the Ellen performance. I’m anxious to hear some of Christine’s songs. Neil always sounds great as does Mick, John and Mike.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I've seen far more lethargic Rhiannon's in recent years. I just wish she could at least attempt a twirl or two in the middle...or something. It did sound weird without LB on guitar...
As opposed to Carlos or Waddy?
Old 10-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I prefer the Crystal Visions version but it might be too long for this particular FM set.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I like Neil but can't figure out why he's in this band

I really like Crowded House. I cant profess to being the biggest fan but I know their work quite well and like a lot of their songs. Neil genuinely seems like a good guy. In fact, I've always thought this since Crowded House were big in the late 80's/early 90's.

I just can't quite work out why he's in the band.
He sings lead vocals on a Crowded House song, a Spilt Enz song and from what I can work out, a couple of Lindsey Buckingham songs. Whats the point in him being there? I was under the impression Mike was recruited as a guitarist and they needed somebody else as a vocalist. I thought this was because they needed somebody to fill the vocals for pre BN material. However, from what I can tell he doesn't sing lead on Tell Me All The Things You Do, Black Magic Woman, Hypnotized or Oh Well.

The Crowded House/Neil Finn material we can generally do without- its only performed because he's there, obviously...and frankly (though I havent yet seen it) him playing Lindsey songs is a bit embarrassing given the circumstances. So, all-in-all he seems to be a glorified back-up singer and support guitarist. Couldn't Neil Heyward be more prominently performing this role?

Overall, I just feel for Neil Finn being in this position. He seems a bit of a spare part.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood